Convaid cruiser asessories

mickeyfan30

Earning My Ears
Recently purchased a Convaid Cruiser for my daughter. We will be taking it to Disney December ‘18 , so looking for suggestions on canopies and storage basket underneath. Are there different companies or manufacturers besides Convaid that I should purchase from for quality?? Please any info is greatly appreciated!

I don't have any direct experience with that model, but if I was in your shoes, I might stick to Convaid for the canopy; after all, Convaid made the chair, and so probably knows best how to attach a canopy to it.

As far as baskets go, those can be kind of a personal choice - you can always snoop around Amazon, and see if anyone is selling the Convaid version, as well as if there are any reviews for it.

I agree that Convaid accessories will probably fit best.

For a storage basket underneath, I would suggest looking at how easy it is to empty it and how well security will be able to confirm it is empty. Security will maje you take everything out of the underseat basket during security screening.

If your Convaid Cruiser is transport ready for buses and you are using WDW buses, check that none of your accessories would make it difficult to fasten the wheelchair with the bus tie down hooks.
If it’s not transport ready, how will the accessories affect folding it?

For air travel, you will probably want to remove the accessories if possible so they don’t get bent or damaged.

We have the Convaid Metro for our son. We do not have the canopy or storage basket. Instead, we hang a backpack on the back of his chair- easier than having to empty out a basket each time we fold it up. We also have purchased the Skip Hop Grab and Go Stroller Organizer and Cup Holder. This has been a game-changer for us! It's neoprene, so it doesn't need to be removed every time you fold up the chair. (Just take the drinks out first. o_O) We love, love, love it and highly recommend it!

https://www.amazon.com/Skip-Hop-Att...ncoding=UTF8&refRID=0RAHCMF3TG7K41FWFTD3&th=1

Have a great time!

We have the Convaid Metro for our son. We do not have the canopy or storage basket. Instead, we hang a backpack on the back of his chair- easier than having to empty out a basket each time we fold it up. We also have purchased the Skip Hop Grab and Go Stroller Organizer and Cup Holder. This has been a game-changer for us! It's neoprene, so it doesn't need to be removed every time you fold up the chair. (Just take the drinks out first. o_O) We love, love, love it and highly recommend it!

https://www.amazon.com/Skip-Hop-Att...ncoding=UTF8&refRID=0RAHCMF3TG7K41FWFTD3&th=1

Have a great time!
Thank you I will definitely look into the organizer!

My son uses a Convaid EZRider, which is very similar to the Cruiser. For Disney, he has their matching sun canopy, and it fits and works very well. The main problem with it is that it is huge when off the chair. It folds flat, but is wide and looooong, and not practical to carry around off the chair. This past trip, I was able to fit it into our largest checked bag by bending the plastic side rails to their straining point and bracing/cushioning them very well inside the suitcase. I was very worried that they would be broken when I opened the case, but they were fine. We just left it on the chair the whole time at Disney.

I will look at the organizer too, sounds great!

My son uses a Convaid EZRider, which is very similar to the Cruiser. For Disney, he has their matching sun canopy, and it fits and works very well. The main problem with it is that it is huge when off the chair. It folds flat, but is wide and looooong, and not practical to carry around off the chair. This past trip, I was able to fit it into our largest checked bag by bending the plastic side rails to their straining point and bracing/cushioning them very well inside the suitcase. I was very worried that they would be broken when I opened the case, but they were fine. We just left it on the chair the whole time at Disney.

I will look at the organizer too, sounds great!
Thank you for the info! I was curious if it needed to be removed when folding the chair for transport.

Thank you for the info! I was curious if it needed to be removed when folding the chair for transport.
Yes, unfortunately it does. The chair folds to a narrow width, but the canopy does not fold in that direction at all, so you need to remove it and carry it separately. ☹️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter