Convection Oven/Microwave Combo Above the Range

I have never heard of the one unit with the convection oven on top. However, thought of this thread the other night. A friend of DS26 just bought a house and went over to see it. They have a yellowish color, main oven on the bottom, with convection on top. Saw the convection oven, making sure I took a look at the size of the convection oven. It really is pretty sizable and larger than the typical microwave that is installed above the stove. Interesting. They do plan on replacing the kitchen appliances prior to their actual move in date, therefore, they haven’t used it yet. Move in date is in a couple of weeks but should have the one by then.

The main advantage of an over-the-range microwave is the space-saving capability. Which is good for a small kitchen where the space is an issue.

Admin: BakingReview.com

Funny. We remodeled our kitchen 6 years ago. We had the microhood over the stove/oven. All three designers proposed a drawer microwave next to the stove so that someone could be working with the microwave while someone else could be working on the store/oven. 6 years later, it does make a lot more sense from a work flow standpoint.

Maybe not. I've never actually heard of the set up you have. What I'm talking about is one of these (microwave with a hood fan built-in), which you'll see in 9-out-of-10 houses built within the past 15 years. It's placed over the range or cook-top but there's always an actual oven as well:
View attachment 424614

My cheap subdivision house, built in 1979, had the micro-hood over the stove oven, so it's has been common here a lot longer than 15 years. Only problem was, it was a Litton unit, all one unit.....Micro-hood, stove oven. So when the microwave died, and parts were not available, instead of just replacing the micro-hood, had had to replace everything.

I have a Breville counter oven that I use more than my normal oven. It’s faster to reheat, and most of our dishes fit in it. That’s another option.

I have this too and it is our most used kitchen appliance. I hardly use the big oven.

My daughter just bought her first house. She has a Micro-hood convection over the stove/oven, but it is low. Several of the houses she looked at had that, AND a second oven.
I'm not up on building codes, but I am surprise that codes allow a house to be built without an oven.

Funny. We remodeled our kitchen 6 years ago. We had the microhood over the stove/oven. All three designers proposed a drawer microwave next to the stove so that someone could be working with the microwave while someone else could be working on the store/oven. 6 years later, it does make a lot more sense from a work flow standpoint.

Our house has the microwave built into a wall of floor to ceiling cabinets. There is a 4 door pantry, then three large drawers with the microwave slotted in above the drawers, and a double door cabinet above the microwave. The refrigerator is to the left, with two small cabinets above it. I LOVE this setup. The microwave is low enough for kids to use it easily and it is not on the same section as the stove. The stove and oven are around the corner and we have an island with the sink and dishwasher. It has the best workspace flow. We have a simple exhaust hood above the gas cooktop. The oven is installed under the cooktop, which I like because they are separate (a broken oven is cheaper to replace than an entire stove).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter