Convince me...Akerhaus Breakfast

southjerseymom

DIS Veteran
Hello All!
I have a 10:55 am ADR at Akerhaus with DD while DH and DS golf. DD still loves the Princesses but yikes $50 is expensive for scrambled eggs. Can anyone chime in with some recent reviews and / or tips that will help me get excited about a $50 plate of eggs that doesn't even come with a Mimosa lol.

The $$ is not just for the food; it is also for the experience, which is really hard to beat. We take our daughter to Akershus every year, either for Breakfast or Dinner or both, and we are never disappointed. There are typically 4 princesses that come directly to the table, while you are eating to visit with you, sign autographs and take pictures. This makes the kids feel really special. We have had some really magical moments with these visits. One year, my daughter was 2, and Cinderella drew her some pictures in her signature book, because my daughter asked her to, and she kept hugging on her neck. My daughter usually comes away from these visits pretty certain that she and the princesses are best buds. It makes for some really great video and picture memories that don't require any lines and are a lot more personal than a typical character meet and greet, because you are not on display.

In addition to the one-on-one visits at your table, there is a "parade" around the room, where the princesses will walk around the room with the kids carrying flower baskets to a song. At least for my little girl, this is a priceless experience. She glows when she gets to walk around with the princesses.

You also get a formal picture taken with Belle as you enter the restaurant, and a cardboard framed print is delivered to your table before you leave, so you get a keepsake as well. These pictures would normally cost $15 if you went purchased a print from Disney.

Back to the eggs.... this is actually one of the better Character Breakfasts, because the food is brought fresh to your table family style. Since it isn't sitting in a buffet warmer, the food tastes so much better. They also have an appetizer bar that usually has fresh fruits and veggies and other dishes that are scandinavian inspired. It is always a very satisfying meal and the service is always excellent.

Been to Disney every year since I was married in 2010, and I do not think we have ever not gone to Akershus at least once each trip (Going again in November!). Think of it like you are buying a very special experience with a satisfying meal; not just some eggs. :-)

I did not like the food there at all. You go for the princesses, but we met them so many other times at other meals (crt,1900) and meet and greets.

No convincing. I've done all three meals here many times and breakfast is my least favorite. Lunch used to be my fav before they changed menu to be same as dinner. RIP open face roast beef sandwich. Go for lunch or dinner.

I've never cared for Akershus. Tried it many times and tried to convince myself it was okay but it really wasn't the best. I prefer Cinderella's Castle to Akershus for seeing the princesses and overall atmosphere. I don't think either have very good food, sadly!

You really go for the princesses and they spend a LOT more time with you than you would get at CRT. Done both and while I believe everyone should do the castle at least once (in our case twice) we do Askershus now.

Those breakfast potatoes are worth it, lol! I have done both breakfast here and CRT (2 times). I did both in one trip in 2015. If I had to choose between the two, it would depend on which princesses my child was really wanting to meet and was there any place else to do that. Food wise, I would say the options at CRT are more varied, but I love basic breakfast food so I loved both. And like I said, the potatoes there are truly YUMMY!

Is the CRT breakfast really ~$70? Is it all you can eat or is just one plate? Trying to make a last minute ADR and we can get a breakfast or late dinner at CRT and we're having a hard time deciding.

Is the CRT breakfast really ~$70? Is it all you can eat or is just one plate? Trying to make a last minute ADR and we can get a breakfast or late dinner at CRT and we're having a hard time deciding.
Its plated you get one plate, at Askershus its a buffer.

We love their breakfast! This is our favorite character meal. The main course is family style which I love! They do have a cold bar which has fruit and baked goods. They have the best hash-browns. I can't speak to lunch or dinner but breakfast is the highlight meal of our trip. The only meal that I think is better is ohana's for dinner but that's not a character meal and can be tough to get. We did crt for dinner and it was good but really expensive. 1900 park fare (dinner)is okay but I don't like leaving the parks. There is only Cinderella and her peeps there. It would be a good option if you aren't having a park day or have a real Cindy lover.

Technically it is one plate. BUT, I was torn between two plates and they brought me both. One person in our party ordered the healthy breakfast thinking the hot cereal was oatmeal (it is a multigrain cereal)and really did not like it. When she asked about the cereal, they offered to bring something else out. She declined but did ask for a side of bacon in which they brought a HUGE plate out for us. (enough for the whole table of 5 to eat)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!