Cooling Towels for the Parks

ulcards99

Mouseketeer
I have read on here that many people have bought those cooling towels to use in the parks on extremely hot days. I've been looking at them on Amazon.com, and I can't decide which one to get!

I don't want to spend a fortune on them, but I want them to work well! Anyone have any suggestions on which brands they've really liked to use in the parks?

I have a mission brand one I got at Target.. I have not taken it into the parks however my husband works in a hot and humid factory and says it only stays "cool" for a little bit of time before he has to "snap it" to reactivate it.

We like the Frogg Toggs chilly pads. WE actually got ours at Walmart in the sporting goods section. We used them in the parks 5 years ago and I rmember thinking how much cooler I felt with it around my neck and regretted not getting more for the kids.

Only things is that when they dry, they are hard and you need to get them wet again but other than that they work great.

My family bought some of the Mission Enduracool ones this year. We got them at Five Below for $5, I think they're $15 at Target.

Definitely made things more comfortable on the really hot days.

I've had the Frogg Toggs and the Mission and I like the Mission one better. I was a little worried at first but I had gone through 2 frogg toggs in 2 years. I've had my Mission towel for 4 years now. I have a health issue and it's hard for me to cool down in the high humidity. The cooling towel is convenient to carry and easy to use and re-use. I highly recommend. I think I got mine at Bed Bath and Beyond with a coupon. Wasn't more than $20.

I've had no luck with them. It didn't feel "cool" at all, just felt like a damp rag.

I did recently see the Mission ones are on clearance at target.

Same here, I got the same result just going to the bathroom and wetting a paper towel and putting it on my neck.

Frogg Toggs are okay, but personally I find more relief using a small portable fan. My best friend uses a frogg togg on the seat of the stroller for her one year old to help keep the babe cool though.

they do sell them at the park ( pink and blue) but they are more than $10. I really like them, but with the humidity, they do not work that well.

We used Frogg Toggs last time and Mission this time. We like Mission much better. The Frogg Toggs were thick and bulky and developed a smell. The Mission was light weight, easier to wet & transport and seemed to work better for us. We had wrist bands, a neck towel and a hat (didn't really use the hat)

I did not like the Froggy Toggs because they smelled funny. I much prefer the Frosty Towels. They come in different sizes... and smell really good! They are marketed for one-time use, but we got a week out of them. They're available on Amazon and other websites. Disney used to sell them in the parks also, but not sure that is still the case.

I have both the frogg togg and the one they sell in the parks. I like them both for different reasons, but the frogg togg is cool but not at all wet to the touch. You need to put it in a bag while it's still wet or it'll get brittle and break easily. Weirdly I don't remember it having a bad odor to it but you could wash it with some regular hand soap before you put it away. I really do think they help especially when it's very humid or there's sweat pooling on your face.

Yes, I have the Frogg toggs and the one they sell in the parks, as well. I think the one they sell in the park we bought late last year for about $14.95. I think they work well enough. Doesn't totally make me feel super cool, but cooled off enough that the heat and humidity was bearable for me for the week we spent in Wdw a few weeks ago. I was worried I'd be very affected by the August humidity, we usually go in Nov or Dec. I brought both cooling towels in the parks with me and switched off between the two. I'd wet them and store overnight in the fridge, then bring the ziploc bag when we went out. Occasionally I'd re wet them. The 'cool' thing is they do not leave a wet spot on your clothes! I think a reason they worked pretty well for me was that I also used a personal fan I hung from my neck that blew coolish air up towards my face and neck. So, not saying I wasn't hot or it wasn't humid, but these cooling towels and the small fan definitely helped me to where I felt things were bearable, and I wasn't dripping sweat everywhere and in my eyes like I expected. Temps were about 92 - 96 with real feel about 105 - 111 This was the second time I'd used the combo on a trip and I definitely recommend the cooling towels and a small fan to help combat the heat and humidity!

I have a Mission hat and neck towel set that I brought with me. To be honest, it didn't really feel any cooler. Maybe I didn't snap it properly?

We have bot the frog togg and the mission. THe mission is MUCH better. The frog toggs are like a big spounge and they can feel kinda slimy. THe mission is just like a lite bandanna but it does cool you even with the humidity. We live in central Alabama and have similar weather to central Florida. I wrap it around my neck and it really keeps me cool without feeling to wet. We got them at Lowes on sale for around $5.

I used one at the parks on very sunny, hot days earlier this month. It was by Chill Pal and had very good reviews on amazon. I think it was $8 or $9. My wife did not like it. She said it made her feel wet and sticky. I loved it and really felt like it cooled me off, but that may just have been because it kept the hot sun off my neck.

We bought Alfamo off of Amazon. It was $7.97 (but they do go as high as $9.49 depending on which color you choose) and then when we received it we cut them in half (and then I used a lighter to singe the ends where I cut so it wouldn't ravel). Technically I could have cut it in fours but I thought a bigger towel would be better. We loved them. There was a noticeable difference when we wore them and when we didn't.

Since we have a 4 year old we had a stroller with us. We would bring a small cooler with frozen water bottles in it and the towels wet and in a zip lock baggie. Once we had used a towel, we would find a bathroom to re-wet it, stick it back in the baggie in the cooler, and it would be nice in cold when we pulled it out again. They worked so well that I am going to pick another one up so then all 3 of us will have one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter