Copper Creek or Poly

KateB

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

We are planning our trip for next year and can’t decide where to stay. We are trying to pick between a standard view Polynesian studio or a studio at Copper Creek.

A few facts:
* Just DH and myself
* 10 nights
* I will NOT do a split stay: We did it once and I hated it! I want to move in and feel like I’m home for the whole trip.

Any thoughts or opinions are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Have not stayed at Poly but stayed at CC this last Sept in a studio with DH. Room was great, loved that everything was shiny new :-) View was nice and we loved the resort theme. Boat ride to Contemporary was easy and fast and then hopped onto Monorail to get most everywhere. The only thing I didn't like was Whispering Canyon Cafe, not a great spot for just the two of us, probably would have been loads of fun with the kids though. However, we LOVED Geyser Point for drinks and food, even caught the fireworks from the outer area near the water one evening while sipping some wine. I also like that almost every view from CC is pretty nice, no parking lot views however you might get a view of the walking trail if you are on first floor. Also balcony views on the 6th floor are not great due to the balcony being enclosed, standing it's beautiful, but sitting not so much!

Thanks for the info! I forgot that we could take the boat to the Contempory to catch the monorail. We were worried thinking about transportation. Good info!

I assume the theme of both resorts appeals to you equally. If not, I'd choose the theme you're most drawn to.

I own at both resorts, and love them both. But for a studio, I'd usually book at the Polynesian. Unless maybe you're going around Christmas time, when WL is the place to be!

My reasons:
  • Poly studios are much larger than WL studios. I haven't stayed in a converted unit yet, but I've loved and visited WL for many years, and the room size always felt a bit cramped to me. I've never felt cramped at the Poly. If room size makes no difference to you, then it's a tougher call.
  • More transportation options at the Poly, especially if you visit Epcot much.
  • With the easy walk to the Grand Floridian, I feel the Poly has more dining options. I like the options at the WL, too, but for a 10 night trip I'd favor the ease of walking to the excellent options at GF for more variety.
All that said, you can't go wrong with these 2 options. I'm sure you'll be happy with either choice.

Depending on home resort and when you are going to book, I would expect CCV to be tough at 7 months, even with another declaration occurring.

Last edited:
Agreed. CCV is only 9% studios. I would set your sights on Poly to avoid disappointment when you can't get into your first choice.

Hmmm... all good information! We own at BLT so we will be calling to change at the 7 month.

And if this is for your June 2018 trip, I do not expect a second declaration on CCV prior to your 7 month date.

We just came back from 2 nights in a one-bedroom and CCV and 3 nights at a studio at the Polynesian ----- we liked the Poly better even tho it was a studio. It felt bigger and I like the theming so much better. Also the studios at the Poly are a very short walk to the Ticket and Transportation monorail so it was very easy to go to Epcot. Can also see the MK fireworks from the Poly. And you are on the resort and MK monorail for great places to eat. We liked Geyser Point but you could take the boat over there. I was not really impressed with the theming at CCV and even a one bedroom seemed small. Either way you will enjoy it !

We just came back from 2 nights in a one-bedroom and CCV and 3 nights at a studio at the Polynesian ----- we liked the Poly better even tho it was a studio. It felt bigger and I like the theming so much better. Also the studios at the Poly are a very short walk to the Ticket and Transportation monorail so it was very easy to go to Epcot. Can also see the MK fireworks from the Poly. And you are on the resort and MK monorail for great places to eat. We liked Geyser Point but you could take the boat over there. I was not really impressed with the theming at CCV and even a one bedroom seemed small. Either way you will enjoy it !

The one bedroom at CCV is two hundred square feet larger, I can see preferring theme over the other but not sure how the Polynesian studio could feel bigger than a one bedroom at CCV with King bed, washer and dryer, huge bathroom with that gorgeous tub and full kitchen with a very large dining table.. While not the direct view of the MK as Polynesian you can see the fireworks now from WL.
We though CCV villas were gorgeous. I would love to have that decor at my home.

My husband and i love the poly when we travel with the grand kids. We prefer SS preferred view when we go alone because we can walk to Disney Springs and we did that almost every night of our 14 day stay. We did not take the buses except to Magic Kingdom. We drove to the other parks.

The one bedroom at CCV is two hundred square feet larger, I can see preferring theme over the other but not sure how the Polynesian studio could feel bigger than a one bedroom at CCV with King bed, washer and dryer, huge bathroom with that gorgeous tub and full kitchen with a very large dining table.. While not the direct view of the MK as Polynesian you can see the fireworks now from WL.

sorry to jump in, but where can you see the fireworks from the lodge?

For the difference in points (almost double) between the one bedroom at CCV and the Studio at POLY, I liked the POLY much better - for a one bedroom the CCV seemed very small and we did not like the sofa, no chair at all in the bedroom, the tub, or the very small balcony with a solid wall. I would never stay here with more than 2 of us - when the whole family comes we love all the space at OKW or AKL.

sorry to jump in, but where can you see the fireworks from the lodge?
I thought we could see them from a distance at the boat dock. Or hop a boat to the Contemporary and watch from there.

I'm obsessed with the poly-- the larger studios (we use the first bathroom to store all our luggage), the salt water pool, and the dole whip anytime....

Just stayed at BRV and the Poly on a split stay last week. We bought at CCV while we were there. I loved the WL area so much. Serene and lovely. The stay at the Poly, not so much. The Poly was some place I’d wanted to stay for 20 years, and...☹️ I thought it was crowded, and loud, and just so not what I thought it would be. Broke my heart. So, if I had the choice, it would be CCV, all the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter