Copyright question...

snowgooseltd

DIS Veteran
Can anyone help me put dates to the various copyright logos. For instance, from when to when was the logo "The Walt Disney Company" used? What about "Walt Disney Productions"? And when did just "Disney" start being put on items. I found an old pin today, with "The Walt Disney Company" logo and would like to know it's approximate age. Thanks in advance for any help...

I'm not sure of the dates but I do know different companys use different logos. Also Different parks and Disney companys make there own pins ( WDW and Disneyland (all of them) as well as DCL all have their own design teams)... So it could be that they use different logos on certian things.

In my Jan/Feb NFFC newsletter there was an article from a seminar about the different copyrights you could find on Disneyland items and how you could use them to narrow down the age of the item.

In the article it said that the change from Walt Disney Productions or W.D.P. to Walt Disney Company or just Disney happened in 1986. It also said that Disneyland items from 1954-1956 were stamped "Disneyland, Incorporated" because at the time the company was unsure of Disneyland's future, but when they realized the park was going to survive they switched to the Walt Disney Productions or W.D.P. so those would have been used from at least the mid-50's.

I'm sure someone will have more info, but if your pin says the Walt Disney Company it probably is 1986 or later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter