Coral Reef or Nine Dragons which one is better?

Coral Reef was actually one of the few above average dining experiences we had on our last trip. The food was really good (I had the shrimp and grits and it was delicious). The atmosphere was really cool. Our waitress was very sweet though a bit slow. We enjoyed it. I know from reviews it can be hit or miss, but we would definitely go back.

I am not into Seafood that much. But I did notice they have a steak at Coral Reef and not heard that it is a very good state. So that was one of the reasons why I would like to go there. I happen to love Chinese food and trying to figure out if people would say that the portions at Nine Dragons is pretty small. Not sure what I'm going to do at this point. Seems that everybody has to say that coral reef is very beautiful and very nice so you need as opposed to Nine Dragons which is totally different. So I'm at an impasse at this moment lol
I don't remember Nine Dragons being particularly small portions. But, I eat, at most, half of a typical Chinese meal at my local place. I always get 2 meals out of it. I don't remember leaving Nine Dragons hungry or anything.

If you decide Coral Reef...I thought the calamari appetizer we had was good as was the kid fish of the day. The mahi mahi was pretty bad for a restaurant...like a Lean Cuisine (in terms of portion and taste). I can eat a fish Lean Cuisine, so I ate it, but this is supposed to be their signature dish?

Anyhow, I wouldn't avoid it, but I would probably order differently if we went again. When I'm at Disney, I know that I'm generally going to get just average food at the non-signature places (I go in thinking Applebee's or Olive Garden and please if it's a little better)...so I pick based on ambiance and schedule (or maybe one delicious food item like dessert, lol). So my advice would be to go with where you want to eat.

A little off topic, but we ate at San Angel after hearing HORRIBLE reviews of it. We went at lunch, and I scoured online reviews to see what menu items were generally seen as at least okay. We ordered those items and had a very nice lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter