• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coral Reef -- Worth the $$???

Terk-1

Dreaming of Disney Cruising!
I was thinking about dining at the Coral Reef in EPCOT for lunch, but am wondering if it is worth the money?

Any comments?
:jester: :smooth:

We think so. We've been for lunch 3 times in the past 6 years or so and always liked it.

We did not find it worth the money. We make better fish at home. $50 for two for lunch without alcohol or dessert. Once was enough.

I think it is worth it! We ate lunch there last summer and really loved it! The bisque is awesome, the entrees was great and the dessert(chocolate wave) was phenomenal! The atmosphere is also a bonus!:D

We had a light lunch there last year...soup, salad, and dessert. It was very good, and we were lucky enough to have a table next to the aquarium...I definately recommend it. Sandie

I've eaten there just three times but whole-heartedly recommend it from my limited experience.

I can't say that the food alone would be worth the prices ( it IS very good, though). But when you factor in the incredible atmosphere it brings it to a big thumbs up!

We went there once with our 3 ds. It was expensive, very expensive and the portions are not large. We really wanted to get more up close to the tank view. We were at an elevated table which didnt go over well with the kids. The lobster bisque was good. The atmosphere was very relaxing. It was not very crowded. I would say its o.k. to try it but definetely go at lunch. Its alot cheaper. If you dont like it you wont be disappointed by the smaller price you are paying over dinner prices.

When I was there for lunch I had a bowl of soup and a glass of wine. They were both very good, and worth what I paid. Now the regular entrees I'm not so sure. I'm sure the food is good and the atmosphere is certainly pleasant, but the menu did seem awfully overpriced to me.

Melissa

It's worth it to try once and enjoy the aquarium and atmosphere. It's not one that I have to go back to any time soon, but I'm glad I did try it!

It's worth it to try once and enjoy the aquarium and atmosphere. It's not one that I have to go back to any time soon, but I'm glad I did try it!

(sorry, but my opinion was already typed)

We ate there this past June and loved the atmosphere and the food! Everyone in my family picked one restaurant they always wanted to eat at, and then we decided if it would be for lunch, dinner, or just appetizers and a beverage. My son always wanted to go here so we had lunch at the Coral Reef.

My DH's mahi was fantastic! My entree was good, but his was just better! Both kids loved their entrees, I believe DS ordered from the children's menu and DD from the adult (I think one of the salads if I remember correctly). The atmosphere is wonderful, our server was very good and the entire meal was a great break from the hot Florida sun!

Debbie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter