Coral reef??

Sorry...we ate there in July and we didn't like it at all. We had really bad service there and that was the ONLY Disney restaurant where that happened. Our food was OK, but not the style of seafood we care for. I guess I am glad that we tried it, just to see the aquarium inside was worth it, but we won't go back.

We were there a few months ago. Food was fair but expensive, service was fair with a very cold waiter,the theme was awsome. We loved eating inside of the aquarium. We are glad we tried it but won't go back too soon.

Thats what i was afraid of!:( Since I never hear much about the resteraunt I assumed it probably wasnt too great!
How about lunch I wonder how that is?? Too bad they dont serve Breakfest!! Now you cant go too wrong with that!!:D

We had lunch there and like the other postings, food was fair and very expensive. We didn't have a good view of the aquarium either because they were doing a routine cleaning and the water was murky with very few fish in it. Not worth it at all! Would never do it again.

This is my favorite restaurant! Dh loves it too. Maybe we just luck out but we have only had great service and the food is good but since the new chef is there I haven't been there. Last time was in 2000. So maybe since then it has gone down? It's really romantic and we love the aquarium the "ocean water" lighting and the ambience. I would try it just once.

:D We have found this to be a great place for a light lunch. Their lobster bisque is to die for and the shrimp coctail is excellent. We often go and get these with perhaps a salad to share......Gives us a nice sit down break, low calories (except for the rich soup) and a chance to enjoy the great view. You can go and do light meals skipping the high prices.

Posted a lunch review from our recent meal there about a week ago. I picked some great courses, although my wife was a little less pleased with her selections. Let me know if you can't find the review and you want to read it.
-Andrew

I LOVE this restaurant! Yes it is fancy, yes it is expensive, but in my opinion it is worth it. The food is exquisitely prepared and extremely fresh. It is creative seafood...nothing fried or ordinary. If you go in with this in mind you will enjoy yourself. There are now also many non seafood offerings as well including wonderful lamb chops and an excellent steak. Save room for dessert...the chocolate wave is to die for.

Eat at lunch, prices are a little cheaper and the meny is almost the same. Ask for Tony T. to be your server and you will not have a bad experience. He is one of the best servers I have ever had. I request him every time I go and have never been disappointed.

Linda

I ate there in May, tink, my first time at that restaurant. I thought it was great, one of my best meals ever at WDW. It was lunch, had the blackened catfish. I covered it in my last picture thread on the CB.

Originally posted by Lou-Ann
:D We have found this to be a great place for a light lunch. Their lobster bisque is to die for and the shrimp coctail is excellent. We often go and get these with perhaps a salad to share......Gives us a nice sit down break, low calories (except for the rich soup) and a chance to enjoy the great view. You can go and do light meals skipping the high prices.

I second that on the lobster bisque! My best friend and I enjoyed a bowl each with a glass of wine and it was perfect. Our view of the tank was wonderful and my son got a kick out of seeing the sharks swim by. I would definitely recommend it for a light lunch, dunno about dinner though? :D

I had lunch there about 2 weeks ago and thought it was great. The aquarium was clear and we could see lots of fish, rays, and sharks swim by, also a couple of human divers. I had the pan-seared salmon. I thought it was very good. I also tasted the lobster bisque that someone else had, and although I really don't care for lobster, it was pretty tasty. Our waiter was efficient and friendly. I thought it was one of my best meals of the trip.:D

As usual very mixed reviews!! :) But.... Thats great it gives me some insight!! I guess Ill print out the menu and have hubby look at it and see if he is interested in anything(Im very easy to please)
Thanks sooo much for everyone taking the time to answer my question!!!:D :D :D

We haven't been there REAL recent -- January 8th for lunch. Our first and only time.
We enjoyed it and glad we went. But probably is a one time thing, due to cost.
Last January the parks were dead anyway. We had a GREAT seat, on the upper level. While we were there two divers were feeding the fish.
The food was good, but in small portions. We ordered just the meal and ice teas to drink. No appetizers or dessert. With tip for lunch it was $52.58. (two adults)
For dinner that night we ate at Marrakesh and our meal totalled $58.38 with tip.
So not much difference in price between lunch at CR and dinner at Marrakesh,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts