Coral World on St. Thomas???

savs

Mouseketeer
Has anyone been to Coral World? It sounds like a lot of fun and something my two ds would enjoy.

Did you do it through DCL excursions or go there on your own?

Also do you think there would be time to see all of it and still have time to go to one of the beaches?

Thanks,

Hi, We did Coral World last march. We really enjoyed it! We did it on our own. Found a taxi right on the dock and driver gave us a coupon. Went to Coki beach (right beside it) had fun snorkeling there. Had the girls hair braided. That is the only thing I wouldn't do again. Have the hair braided on the ship!

Have fun.

We did this through the Island Drive and Coral World Excursion. It was nice and even on the time schedule we saw almost everything we wanted to. If you want to be able to linger around and take your time, perhaps doing it on your own would be your best option. Coki beach was right there and absolutely beautiful.

My DD and I did Coki and Coral World on our own. It was very easy. The cab ride was $7 per person each way. I found discount coupons for Coral World. The aquarium and exhibits were really interesting. We were given a wristband which let us go back and forth between the beach and Coral World--Coral World's bathrooms are much nicer than the ones at the beach, plus they had showers to wash off in.

What is the beach like? Does it have high waves or is it too deep for liitle kids to play in? We would love to go to Megan's beach, but that would be really out of the way from Coral World.

Thanks,

When were at Coki last spring, there were very little waves but as I recall, the depth drops off pretty quickly.

It was great for my 7 & 10 year old - the sand was perfect for castle building and fish were everywhere for their begining attempts at snorkeling.

The waves were very small. We never got any deeper than about 4 feet. Watching the fish was really cool. There were shells everywhere.

Yes, you have time to see plenty of Coral World, have a great snorkeling and playing time on Coki beach, and then some!
It was the best day! We took a taxi from the dock, the driver gave us discount coupons which ended up saving us as much as his fare! We got a locker in Coral world for our snorkel gear and picnic lunch (compliments of room service the night before) and came and went as we pleased. Coral world had a nice web site to check out ahead of time. http://www.coralworldvi.com/ There's so much to do there! We went parasailing from the dock just on the other side of Coral World from Coki. We used Caribbean Watersports (I think it was called, there was a link from the Coral World site). They'll e-mail you the brochure, very nice staff. Their weight requirements worked better for us than Castaway Cay's so my youngest was able to tandem with me. We had a boat just to our own family and the kids got to drive it back. PM me for more details if interested.
Oh, a favorite souvenir was from the little shopping 'huts' a little ways up Coki beach. Between the dive shop souvenir huts, is a cool 'rasta' guy, who will take a digital picture of you, (we even got his helper to hike back to "our" spot to take our family picture), then he puts whatever caption, date, cropping, adjustments, etc., on it that you want before printing it on transfer paper. (He really knew his way around that computer) He then presses it with one of those major industrial presses onto a T-shirt or canvas bag. We picked the canvas bag with our picture on one side, and a cool 'crackle/textured' style image of the Disney Magic on the other.
That was our favorite day and I'd do it all again without changing a thing. Have fun!

We rented a car (about $50) and drove to Coral World. After a few hours at Coral World we drove over to Maegan's Bay and spent a few hours there.

The renting/driving experience was very simple and allowed us to have more options on St Thomas.

We didn't reserve ahead of arrival. I got of the Magic ASAP and walked over to the rental car location. It's not very far, maybe 300 yards or so. I think there are 2 locations very close to one another, Budget and Avis.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter