Cornish Game Hens on the grill??

deno2

Mouseketeer
I'm new to the recipe board and I was wondering if any one has tried cooking Cornish game hens on the grill? If so, what temp. and for how long? I planning an outdoor dinner party and wanted to do something different. I would appreciate any help:D

deno

I'm sure they would be great on the grill. I would cook them at a medium temp - or you could rotiss them in the grill (if your grill can do that.)

I've cooked many a game hen on the grill! They are the best! Try cooking the indirect method which is put the coals on two sides of the grill and put the hens in the middle. I will baste with some melted butter once in a while and I use salt & pepper and a little paprika for seasonings. I would say grill for an hour and a half or so, depending on the heat of your grill. I think internal temp of the bird should be 160 degrees, but not sure on that. Enjoy, they're Great! :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!