Coronado Springs Experts?

mrsgthatsme

Mouseketeer
We stayed at POR last trip and loved it, but are considering something different this time for variety. We will be staying 2 nights pre cruise at the end of April and only hitting EPCOT. We will not be using the restaurants at all due to the length of our stay. Pools for kids (ages 8,11), good bus service, and nice grounds are most important to us. I was leaning towards CSR, but recent info I have read about the extensive construction is making me really second guess myself. I had a few questions for the CS experts.

1) What do you predict the construction situation will be like by April? Would this cause you to hesitate making a reservation?
2) Which buildings should we request if we want a standard room? I would really like one of the refurbished buildings...
3)How does the beauty of the grounds and bus service compare to POR?
4) Would you pay $110 more total to stay here over 2 nights at POP?
5) Any idea what time the cruise line picks up here, or does that vary?

Thanks so much! Wanting to book today, but feeling a little nervous since we have never been there and the construction looks and sounds prettt overwhelming. :)

Last edited:
I'm not an expert and can't answer all of these, but here's some input:

1) No, I would not hesitate to stay at CSR despite the construction.
2) I prefer Casitas section because of the theme, it's close to bus stop 2 (which is the first to be picked up), and not too far from food court area, but I'm not sure when those will be completed.
3) The grounds are very beautiful, it's a relaxing resort, with the best bus service of any resort we've stayed at.
4) This is a tough one. I love CSR, but I also really enjoy Pop and the new rooms there are awesome. $110 is not enough of a price difference to really sway my decision either way. I guess it just depends on what is most important to you, such as pool slide, hot tub, covered bus stops, table service restaurant, etc.

I'm not an expert and can't answer all of these, but here's some input:

1) No, I would not hesitate to stay at CSR despite the construction.
2) I prefer Casitas section because of the theme, it's close to bus stop 2 (which is the first to be picked up), and not too far from food court area, but I'm not sure when those will be completed.
3) The grounds are very beautiful, it's a relaxing resort, with the best bus service of any resort we've stayed at.
4) This is a tough one. I love CSR, but I also really enjoy Pop and the new rooms there are awesome. $110 is not enough of a price difference to really sway my decision either way. I guess it just depends on what is most important to you, such as pool slide, hot tub, covered bus stops, table service restaurant, etc.

I'll just agree with all of this. We'll be at Coronado in December and I'm not worried about the construction at all. It doesn't affect the lobby/restaurants/pools, etc like at CBR.
We also love Casitas because you can get on the bus at the lobby (last stop) and get off at the casitas (first stop) and spend as little time on the bus as possible. I think just the DS bus stops at the lobby first.

I agree with both previous posters. Casitas is my favorite spot at CSR, as you are near the first bus stop picked up on the way to the parks. And there is a nice quiet pool close by. You are also not that far from the food court, and the themed pool is a 5 minute walk away.

Sounds like casitas is the consensus. The problem is that it sounds like none of those are remodeled yet. At what point do I need to request a certain area or request a refurbished room? Is that immediate or right before we travel in April? I'd like to buy us a little time to see if any of the casitas are redone by then. Would you choose casitas or a refurbished room if you could only have one or the other?

Rooms aren't assigned until 4-5 days out so you can call and put your request in anytime up until then. I would choose Casitas over a refurbished room. I honestly prefer the look of the old rooms over the refurb rooms.

I just read on Buzz's FB group that they are currently working on Casitas 1 and 3 which are preferred rooms. I would say by April you'll have a good shot of a standard refurb room in Casitas.

Sounds like casitas is the consensus. The problem is that it sounds like none of those are remodeled yet. At what point do I need to request a certain area or request a refurbished room? Is that immediate or right before we travel in April? I'd like to buy us a little time to see if any of the casitas are redone by then. Would you choose casitas or a refurbished room if you could only have one or the other?
I'll dissent and say I love Cabanas 8A. It's already remodeled and being steps away from the main pool was AMAZING! It's also very close to Bus Stop 4.

Requests are never guaranteed, but I recommend faxing your request a week before your trip.

@Shellyb84 - The way they are moving around with this renovation, who knows where they are going next! They've done 7A for standard, 8A for waterview/standard, and now Casitas 1/3 for preferred. I'll guess that they might hop back to Ranchos.

I'll dissent and say I love Cabanas 8A. It's already remodeled and being steps away from the main pool was AMAZING! It's also very close to Bus Stop 4.

Requests are never guaranteed, but I recommend faxing your request a week before your trip.

@Shellyb84 - The way they are moving around with this renovation, who knows where they are going next! They've done 7A for standard, 8A for waterview/standard, and now Casitas 1/3 for preferred. I'll guess that they might hop back to Ranchos.

True! I haven’t been keeping up with it much since we don’t have an upcoming stay there anytime soon. It would be nice if it was in some sort of order like the Pop reno!

I am not a CSR expert, but I have stayed there and I enjoyed my stay. I would pay the additional money and not look back. Many years ago I saw that POFQ was about $50 more a night over ASM and so I changed my resort. I discovered that POFQ was one of the most charming resorts, and have enjoyed staying there several times.

If you spend time at a resort and can justify the additional funds then I always suggest the upgrade. If the resort is just a place to hang your hat, than I would save the money and use it in the parks or for a special treat elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter