Coronado Springs food ?

momof4kids

Earning My Ears
We are staying at Coronado Springs. Planning to eat lunch and breakfast most days at the food courts and dinner at the restaurants on site. How is the food? Is it good?

I stayed there in June and only ate from the food court. I didn't find the food court to be that great in terms of variety.....for example the All Star/Pop Century food court had better variety with make your own salads, pastas, and more sandwich options. At CS, it was pretty much a set menu of typical American fare like burgers/chicken fingers and the same "Mexican" style cuisine. It was okay....but nothing to write home about and if I had the option, I would have carried food back to my room from somewhere else.

We were there in December for two nights and were not impressed with the selection. Part of that is that I don't do spicy and most things were more of the spicy side. Also a few of the things we had were overly greasy which we didn't like either. We normally stay at POR, so we are used to more variety.

The Yucatán chicken at dinner was good. Not spicy, very tender and a large portion. The sides were mashed potatoes, cornbread and sautéed squash. The sides weren’t anything memorable but the chicken itself was quality.

Nothing else looked appetizing to be honest. My son had the pasta which was mushy and very little sauce. The Mexican offerings and sandwiches didn’t look appealing. Most people were ordering pizzas.

Breakfast was better. Classic Mickey waffles. The breakfast sandwich was fresh and we enjoyed splitting one.

edit: we ate at Rix as well. The watchos and sticky ginger ribs were good appetizers.

all in all the food is pretty mediocre. Few meals would be okay but everyday wouldn’t fly IMO.

Last edited:

Not really a fan of any of the restaurants. the premise was good, but didn't think the food delivered. The food court was average.

We stayed for at Coronado for the first time in Sept. and we were happy with the food there. Is it over the top? No, but it was good :) We ate lunch and breakfast there once each. I had the shrimp Po Boy and thought it was tasty and an omelette for breakfast. There was plenty of seating, a little slow on service but not horrible. It's standard Disney food court food. There was a a dessert section too that had some beautiful looking pastries and cakes too. We ate at Toledo's for dinner and loved it ❤ our waiter was amazing (so bad with names) and the food was really good. It's on the top floor so the views of the sun setting were nice and on another trip when we were there later we could see fireworks.

Toledo is awesome. Beautiful views, excellent service, delicious food. The Three Bridges is good if you want appetizer stuff and cocktails. They have some sandwiches too. Setting is lovely in the middle of the lake. Rix has good sandwiches, especially grilled cheese. Our only food court meal is breakfast. The lemon blueberry pancakes are yummy and we like grabbing the ready made egg and cheese sandwiches with hash browns when were in a hurry.

Can you modify entrees at Three Bridges ?
I do not do sauces or many veggies

Do they make the food fresh ?

Items I found - Can they be modified ?

Harissa Lamb Chopsmint yogurt, cucumber and tomato relish, pita
Can I omit the yogurt and the cucumber and tomato relish ?

Crispy Chicken Biscuit Slider hot honey, blue cheese, creamy slaw; served with smoked paprika fries or fruit
Can I omit the hot honey, blue cheese and creamy slaw ?

Three Bridges Signature Burger crispy potato, manchego cheese, roasted garlic-lemon aioli, arugula, tomato; served with smoked paprika fries or fruit
Can I omit manchego cheese and roasted garlic-lemon aioli ?

3 Bridges is by far the best restaurant at CSR IOO. We've had just about everything on the menu and it was all very good. Lamb Chops, Steak, Chicken Sliders... Unfortunately they are only open for dinner.
The food court is standard food court fare, not great, but not bad. We save breakfast for some of the places at the parks... MK Sleepy Hollow for QS breakfast. EP Les Hales is excellent. HS Ronto Wrap. AK Kusafari Coffee Shop & Bakery and Yak and Yeti Local Food Cafes. We found over the years we shouldn't waste time eating mediocre breakfast at the resort QS, when we can have better and much more unique offerings at the parks QS for breakfast.
Toledo has some unique offerings and is good. The restaurant is something to see for sure.
Cafe Rix is not great, but decent.
I've heard mixed reviews about the Maya Grill... To be honest we haven't eaten there.
I do have a theory about Mexican food issues at Disney. Most people don't actually realize the places like Maya Grill and San Angel are "Mexican food" not "Tex-Mex" those are very different. I've traveled in Mexico quite a bit and we are from Texas to boot. The Maya Grill has a menu that is pretty consistent with food you will find in most of the local restaurants down in the Yucatan area of Mexico. Being that the name is Maya Grill that makes sense as the region of the Yucatan was where the Mayan's lived. Same goes for San Angel Inn at EPCOT, it's actually a restaurant that is in Mexico City and the menu is very similar to the food you will find in Mexico City. So, if you are looking for your favorite Tex Mex, you will likely be completely disappointed with these restaurants. Ha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter