Coronado Springs limited room availability for July 2020

MichelinMan

I Am Speed - Ka-Chow!!!!
Not sure whether I have left it too late to book my trip for 2020.

I was pricing up a standard room at Coronado Springs, 13 nights starting on 7th July 2020. But last weekend, availability for standard rooms for that period disappeared. I can get a Tower water view room for 11 nights from the 7th, but really want a few more nights than that. I can also still get standard rooms from the 12-20 July. I contacted Disney, to see if I could book a Tower room from 7-12th, then a standard room from 12-20th, but they said that would have to be booked as 2 separate packages, and to get the free DDP, I would need to purchase tickets for each package (which negates the value of the free DDP in the first place).

I am hoping that they are just restricting sales of rooms until they release the 2020 rooms for US on the 18th of this month, and that this is a short term blip. Anybody know if this is likely to be the case?

I've also wondered if releasing the Tower rooms has mucked up availability of rooms - I haven't found many examples of dates where both the Tower and ordinary standard rooms are available at the same time.

If all else fails, I will probably book the Tower water view room, and add on another couple of nights at the start of my RPR booking, but would much rather have had another couple of nights at Disney.

Guests
2 Adults

Travelling
Depart: 7th July 2020
Return: 20th July 2020

I just looked up and I can see Standard Room King, Preferred Room King for 2 adults, did 2 adults as you do not mention how many are in your party.

Standard king at 2938.00 or preferred at 3094.00 pounds.

Can i ask where your looking?

Guests
2 Adults

Travelling
Depart: 7th July 2020
Return: 20th July 2020

I just looked up and I can see Standard Room King, Preferred Room King for 2 adults, did 2 adults as you do not mention how many are in your party.

Standard king at 2938.00 or preferred at 3094.00 pounds.

Can i ask where your looking?
It was for 2 adults plus 1 child - age 16 (so really 3 adults!). Looks like it was the additional person that was the problem.

But I just managed to find a room that has become available on Attraction Tickets Direct - but it still wasn't showing on the WDW website. So went and booked it with ATD while I could.

Ended up booking a standard double queen for 14 nights, rather than 13 (couldn't help myself!) for just £2869 with the free QSDDP. That is a decent price in my book - not much more than a value resort for a far superior resort, and way better dining plan.

Topped it off with 4 nights at RPR for the end of the trip.

Glad I got that sorted - now the itinerary planning starts in detail!

Ahh yes, there has been some strange things happening with the booking site, when we looked when the free dinning was announced it stated there was no one bedroom rooms anywhere 11 months out for 2 adults and 2 kids which is strange for places like SSR as you normally find space, went onto Disney USA site and it showed lots of rooms, spoke to the U.K. Disney number and they said they could not understand why and said they only get rooms released to them when Disney release them and think as the USA do not get free dinning they allow them to book first as they make more money, I said did it make a difference that it is a DVC resort and they said no, we even tried non DVC resorts and nothing but then I did the same dates with just 2 adults and you had loads of one bedroom resorts show, spoke to Disney again to tell them of the issues and they were as much in the dark about why this was happening.

Glad your sorted.

I think they don't release all the rooms at the same time though. On our last trip we booked Carribbean Beach as our favourite, POFQ, had no availability. We weren't quite happy with our booking though, because Carribbean Beach was having refurbs done during our stay, so I just kept looking quite frequently for anything at POFQ. Eventually several rooms opened up, so we were able to swap anyway.

I think they don't release all the rooms at the same time though. On our last trip we booked Carribbean Beach as our favourite, POFQ, had no availability. We weren't quite happy with our booking though, because Carribbean Beach was having refurbs done during our stay, so I just kept looking quite frequently for anything at POFQ. Eventually several rooms opened up, so we were able to swap anyway.

Yes sometimes this happens and you can pay extra to swap and upgrade, we have done this once in the past but that was for an upgraded hotel and villa not sure how it works if you wanted to downgrade though.

This year for next they released a lot fewer rooms and resorts for the free dining. As for the DVC they are only released at around the 11 month mark, so that they could be booked by DVC owners. Shame as they used to be heavily discounted

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!