Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - Suspension of Departures for the fleet until early November. Booking only available from early December.

It was just approved by the Orange County Economy Recovery Task Force. July 11 for MK/AK and July 15 for EPCOT and DHS. DCL is still a long ways off. It will be the last of Disney properties to open per management.

I think it's safe to say August, September and October cruises will be cancelled based on that information.

I think it's safe to say August, September and October cruises will be cancelled based on that information.
Just curious why you think that? I am not disagreeing with you, just trying to figure it out myself. Do you think they will keep cruises closed until the parks are open to 100% capacity with no masks? So far all they have said is that Cruises will be last. Since the parks are opening now, technically they can sail in Aug or September and still be "last"

Just curious why you think that? I am not disagreeing with you, just trying to figure it out myself. Do you think they will keep cruises closed until the parks are open to 100% capacity with no masks? So far all they have said is that Cruises will be last. Since the parks are opening now, technically they can sail in Aug or September and still be "last"
Disney world is reopening, Disneyland has no reopening date right now so not all parks are open..

I feel like the fact that they are opening a full month after most other Orlando parks shows that they are being extra cautious. So DCL won‘t restart until they are sure parks are going okay and other cruise lines have tested the waters, haha. I think October is a maybe, but I’d be surprised if things restarted before then. But this is pure speculation! We sail over Thanksgiving which I’m feeling is a 50/50 at this point.

The no sail order doesn't expire till late July, so clearly DCL would be last to open. It has to open last. The CDC no sail order means DCL has to be last to open because they couldn't open even if they wanted to. So if DCL opens July 31 or even August, that would still be last to open. October seems really far off, I would wonder why they would wait that long? Hoping they don't cancel October for personal reasons.

Also, you have a great avatar by the way.

I guess Universal's announcement that they were opening was kind of like being the first one to jump in the pool. Now everyone is going to dive in, including Disney. SeaWorld will announce next.

Summery of info from Walt Disney World

Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom opening July 11
Epcot and Hollywood Studios opening July 15

There will be CM openings before these days.
Facemasks / covering will be mandatory for CM's and guests
Guests will have temperature checks before arrival at the parks
There will be advance reservation ticket system for all guests
There will be no character meet and greets, parades or fireworks

No mention of DVC, resorts or water parks
No details about advance reservation system

Summery of info from Walt Disney World

Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom opening July 11
Epcot and Hollywood Studios opening July 15

There will be CM openings before these days.
Facemasks / covering will be mandatory for CM's and guests
Guests will have temperature checks before arrival at the parks
There will be advance reservation ticket system for all guests
There will be no character meet and greets, parades or fireworks

No mention of DVC, resorts or water parks
No details about advance reservation system

There are a few details on the blog now.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-theme-parks-resort-hotels-and-disney-stores/

I guess Universal's announcement that they were opening was kind of like being the first one to jump in the pool. Now everyone is going to dive in, including Disney. SeaWorld will announce next.
Seaworld reviewed their proposal before it was Disney's turn. The task force approved a June 11 opening for Seaworld.

I feel like the fact that they are opening a full month after most other Orlando parks shows that they are being extra cautious. So DCL won‘t restart until they are sure parks are going okay and other cruise lines have tested the waters, haha. I think October is a maybe, but I’d be surprised if things restarted before then. But this is pure speculation! We sail over Thanksgiving which I’m feeling is a 50/50 at this point.
I’m even worried about my April 2021 cruise. 😬 hopefully it’s sailing by then

The no sail order doesn't expire till late July, so clearly DCL would be last to open. It has to open last. The CDC no sail order means DCL has to be last to open because they couldn't open even if they wanted to. So if DCL opens July 31 or even August, that would still be last to open. October seems really far off, I would wonder why they would wait that long? Hoping they don't cancel October for personal reasons.

Also, you have a great avatar by the way.
Uuuuh, you're forgetting 9 parks I think... Only 4 WDW now have a date, so thinking all other 9 parks will be open before July 31, is very ambitious.

Uuuuh, you're forgetting 9 parks

Shanghai Disneyland and Disneyworld in Orlando are good to go. The only other ones I know of are the following:

1.Disneyland California
2.Tokyo Disneyland
3.Disneyland Paris
4.Hong Kong Disneyland

Although Disney leadership has said DCL will open last, that is not set in stone. If California drags their feet for a year, I doubt they'll leave 4 ships just sitting because they're waiting to open DisneyLand prior to DCL. Also, Hong Kong is going through some major political unrest right now. The ability to re-open Hong Kong Disneyland could be an issue even if there were no virus. I don't think they'll just keep DCL closed because Hong Kong is not open yet. They're not going to cleave to some outdated statement about opening DCL last just because.

Shanghai Disneyland and Disneyworld in Orlando are good to go. The only other ones I know of are the following:

1.Disneyland California
2.Tokyo Disneyland
3.Disneyland Paris
4.Hong Kong Disneyland

Although Disney leadership has said DCL will open last, that is not set in stone. If California drags their feet for a year, I doubt they'll leave 4 ships just sitting because they're waiting to open DisneyLand prior to DCL. Also, Hong Kong is going through some major political unrest right now. The ability to re-open Hong Kong Disneyland could be an issue even if there were no virus. I don't think they'll just keep DCL closed because Hong Kong is not open yet. They're not going to cleave to some outdated statement about opening DCL last just because.
I'm not saying it's set in stone, but you said if they opened July 31th, they'd still be last and I'm disputing that can be said at this time (I was also referring to parks, not resorts ;), so 2 waterparks in WDW, 2 in DLC, 2 in Tokyo, 2 in DLP and 1 in DLPHK, so 9 parks)

The No Sail is until The CDC drops the order "OR" The Secretary of Health and Human Services’ declares that COVID-19 no longer constitutes a public health emergency "OR" July 24.

I feel like ships will be cruising in July/Aug, just not not sure about DCL, I guess it all depends on the new protocols they establish with the CDC and if the world is prepared to mature and treat sick people on cruises like patients, and not lepers or some ship flying a plague flag..

I was cautiously optimistic for my cruise in August but with the latest announcement from Disney it's pretty apparent that DCL won't be back for a while. As we've heard from the Disney brass...DCL will be the last to resume operations. At this point they won't jump in right away so other cruise lines will start back up before them. They do seem to be playing follow the leader. Universal is opening but WDW will still be a month off. They are being cautious and they'll do the same especially for DCL.

The big question is what will the CDC do come July when the no sail order expires.

I'm glad the parks are starting to re-open though. I hope that is a good sign. I want to get down there but I can't handle wearing a mask for 12+ hours in the FL heat.

September cruises haven't hit their PIF date, that is why those of you with Aug cruises are having an issue with refunds but Sept cruises aren't. We are booked on the Fantasy Sept 4th and we have until June 5th to cancel and get a refund. Even if you have already PIF, until you hit the "PIF date" you can get a refund.

I'm on the same cruise. My hopes are dwindling.

I was cautiously optimistic for my cruise in August but with the latest announcement from Disney it's pretty apparent that DCL won't be back for a while. As we've heard from the Disney brass...DCL will be the last to resume operations. At this point they won't jump in right away so other cruise lines will start back up before them. They do seem to be playing follow the leader. Universal is opening but WDW will still be a month off. They are being cautious and they'll do the same especially for DCL.

The big question is what will the CDC do come July when the no sail order expires.

I'm glad the parks are starting to re-open though. I hope that is a good sign. I want to get down there but I can't handle wearing a mask for 12+ hours in the FL heat.
Yup I had a Cruise in June, after that was canceled I booked in August. I already made a reservation for June 2021 in anticipation of Aug being canceled.

Bahamas Paradise is planning to cruise the day after the CDC expiration and will sail at 40% capacity and each crew member will have their own cabin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!