Corral Reef Review 9/12 - best meal of trip

Mom of 3

Mouseketeer
DH, Me, DS10, DS6 and DS2 went to Corral Reef for lunch on 9/12

Everything we had was wonderful. We were on the free DDP and the food and service was great.

DH had:
salad with the vingerette dressing
Prime Rib
Cheese cake

I had:
shrimp cocktail over asian noodles
NY strip steak
butterscotch brulee (really really good)

DS10 had:
seafood souffle
catfish with the cheese grits
(yum and I don't even like grits but these were fab)
chocolate wave

DS6 had:
lobster soup
mac 'n' cheese
build your own sundae

DS2 had
pizza and shared our food

Total Cost would have been $172. The waiter did not charge us for the pizza for our DS2 even though we told him we would pay out of pocket for it, he said not to worry about it and it was included in the total above.

This was my favorite meal the entire trip. Everything was really tasty and the servings weren't to big. I'd definately go again.

Great to hear!! I'll be eating there next Friday for lunch and I'm really looking forward to it after reading all the mixed reviews lately. Thanks for sharing!

I am SO glad to hear this as we booked this with our kids for Valentine's Day!

It all sounds delicious! Thanks for the review. Can't wait to be there in a couple weeks.

Thanks for the review. We'll be there next week. I changed our ADR from Chefs de France to Coral Reef due to the recent bad reviews Chef's been getting recently.

Coral Reef seems to be getting a lot of good reviews lately! I'm happy to hear it :)

Mom of 3 said:
DH, Me, DS10, DS6 and DS2 went to Corral Reef for lunch on 9/12

Everything we had was wonderful. We were on the free DDP and the food and service was great.

DH had:
salad with the vingerette dressing
Prime Rib
Cheese cake

I had:
shrimp cocktail over asian noodles
NY strip steak
butterscotch brulee (really really good)

DS10 had:
seafood souffle
catfish with the cheese grits
(yum and I don't even like grits but these were fab)
chocolate wave

DS6 had:
lobster soup
mac 'n' cheese
build your own sundae

DS2 had
pizza and shared our food

Total Cost would have been $172. The waiter did not charge us for the pizza for our DS2 even though we told him we would pay out of pocket for it, he said not to worry about it and it was included in the total above.

This was my favorite meal the entire trip. Everything was really tasty and the servings weren't to big. I'd definately go again.

hi can you please explain what free means? we are paying for our ddp in dec?

we were there Sat night. We have since done Le Cellier, Narcooses & Mama Melrose. Coral Reef has come in first so far. EVERYTHING was fresh & wonderful.

dana1003 said:
hi can you please explain what free means? we are paying for our ddp in dec?

A few months ago Disney offered a free dining package to guests staying at any Disney resort August 13 - September 30 (packages had to be booked within a certain timeframe and had to purchase park passes). Those of us who booked during that timeframe receive 1 snack, 1 CS meal and 1 TS meal per day...at no additional charge. Basically, I believe it's the exact same plan you have purchased for December, only we don't have to pay for it.

This was a special offered for the "slow"/hurricane season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter