Cost of beverages on board ship

tigger2y

Earning My Ears
Hi - Could anyone tell me the price of beverages on the ship - pop, beer,
mixed drinks, and water. Thanks:confused:

only thing i am sure about was the daily drink specials, and those ran between $3.50 and 3.99. We had the soda mugs, so we didn't have to pay for the pop...

Sue, how much were the soda mugs and do you feel you got your $$$$ worth with them??

Soda is $1.50 each plus gratuity which is added automatically. Or you can purchase the unlimited refill mug plan for $35/7 day - $21/3 day - $28/4day. Soda is FREE at all sit down meals.
:)

We got one per person for free for the cruise because we booked through AAA, and this is one of their benefits. I myself don't drink soda (unless it is in an alcoholic drink! HA!) but my husband and son do, and they got them refilled quite a few times. the mug is pretty nice, even if it is plastic too. I suppose it would depend on how much soda you drink. I was glad that we got them...

Yes soda is free at the meals, and you don't take your mug to dinner. You do however take it to CC with you, and you can get free refills there too. There was also a day or two on the ship where they advertised filling you soda mug, and than you paid a couple bucks for a shot of booze for it. We didn't do this, but i think some folks on our cruise did...

Is it a pretty good size mug? How much soda will it hold? Could you also get it filled with ice tea or lemonade???

I don't know the exact amount of ounces, but i myself thought that the mugs were good sized...

A burning question for me and the soda mug: Does the DCL offer caffine free DIET soda? I've been caffine free for two years and don't want to fall off the bandwagon on my cruise :-). Is the mug similar to the ones that are offered at the Disney resorts? My DH and I used them for coffee in the morning too.

I know we were able to bring our 1998 DL mugs back for our 2000 trip. Can you do the same thing with the cruise line mug?? (bring it back on our second cruise and use it again?).

TIA,
TK

Originally posted by tksbaskets

A burning question for me and the soda mug: Does the DCL offer caffine free DIET soda?

Caffeine-free Diet Coke is available at select locations onboard in cans. This means that it always costs extra, even if you have it in the dining rooms. And it is not available as part of the soda mug program. You might want to haul a couple six-packs onboard with you.

Thanks for the info Dave!

You are such a wealth of information!! How many Disney Cruises have you been on? Perhaps some day I will be as knowledgeable. I'm planning on a second 7 day cruise before we've even gone on our first 4 day..LOL

The refillable mug purchased is priced as a per day basis for the duration of your cruise. Official word from DCL - on one of my older threads - stated that the mugs were only valid for the duration of the cruise for which they were purchased on - and cannot be reused on a returning trip. (the styles change quite often).
:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!