Cost to Upgrade From Seasonal to Power?

have2getaway

DIS Veteran
I tried to find the cost to upgrade from the seasonal to the power annual pass, but I couldn’t find it. Any idea how much it costs to upgrade to the next level? We are planning a trip over Feb break and will be blacked out of Universal Studios with the Seasonal Pass.

$269.99 seasonal pass
$319.99 power pass
$359.99 preferred pass
$509.9@ premier pass

This info is on the UO website
Black out dates and ap discount lists can also be found there

listing the basics and will list the renewal discount in a minute

Using an iPhone to post this takes me forever
Lol

Renewal for basic/seasonal ap is $215.99
Power: $255.99
Preferred: $287.99
Premier: $407.99

i believe the above is with the special deal going on for that 20% discount

I did not include tax in the above list

*Adding a note the above is for Florida residents

To answer one of your questions you would pay the difference between the two passes if you want to upgrade your current ap

Renewal for basic/seasonal ap is $215.99
Power: $255.99
Preferred: $287.99
Premier: $407.99

i believe the above is with the special deal going on for that 20% discount

I did not include tax in the above list

Thank you. I tried to check on renewal for one of our passes, but it said we weren’t eligible for renewal yet. Not sure why, although our passes don’t expire until mid-April.

I believe it is a 30 day window for renewals

it was listed in the section of the “renew now and get 20% discount “ for Floridian residents
CAPSLOCK .....1
Mac ..................0

haha
Thanks for correcting me!

We bought Power Passes so we could get in to US when Mannheim Steamroller had their concert. For another $40, we upgraded one of our passes to Preferred to get the discounts at various restaurants and shops (see https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/tickets-packages/annual-passes/uoap-types for details). I'm pretty sure we saved more than $40 during our trip, and will be able to use it again for our March trip. So if you have a medium/large group (we are a family of 4), it might work out for you too...

We bought Power Passes so we could get in to US when Mannheim Steamroller had their concert. For another $40, we upgraded one of our passes to Preferred to get the discounts at various restaurants and shops (see https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/tickets-packages/annual-passes/uoap-types for details). I'm pretty sure we saved more than $40 during our trip, and will be able to use it again for our March trip. So if you have a medium/large group (we are a family of 4), it might work out for you too...

Thank you! We are blocked out two days of our trip in February (Saturday and Sunday) due to Mardi Gras and concerts, and we are trying to decide if it makes sense to upgrade 5 tickets to go to both parks those days? Our triplet boys are 10 and I was also wondering if the Mardi Gras events might be fun for them or whether or not the event is age appropriate? We have never been to the Mardi Gras events. We also have 2 days planned at Disney and are considering adding a 3rd day there. If we add the Disney day, we will still have 4 days at Universal (2 for US & 2 only for I of Adv if we don’t upgrade).

Thank you for the tip and link about upgrading to the Preferred Pass. This may make sense for us to have one of us upgrade, although our cost difference will be slightly higher coming from a Seasonal Pass.

Will we be able to watch the Mardi Gras parade with a Power Pass or is a Preferred or Premier needed for that?

Last edited:
Thank you! We are blocked out two days of our trip in February (Saturday and Sunday) due to Mardi Gras and concerts, and we are trying to decide if it makes sense to upgrade 5 tickets to go to both parks those days? Our triplet boys are 10 and I was also wondering if the Mardi Gras events might be fun for them or whether or not the event is age appropriate? We have never been to the Mardi Gras events. We also have 2 days planned at Disney and are considering adding a 3rd day there. If we add the Disney day, we will still have 4 days at Universal (2 for US & 2 only for I of Adv if we don’t upgrade).

Thank you for the tip and link about upgrading to the Preferred Pass. This may make sense for us to have one of us upgrade, although our cost difference will be slightly higher coming from a Seasonal Pass.

Will we be able to watch the Mardi Gras parade with a Power Pass or is a Preferred or Premier needed for that?

Power Pass is fine. The parade is appropriate for all ages.

Last edited:
Are the concerts on your dates of interest to you?

One higher level pass will probably be worth it for discounts for 5 people over 4 days, assuming you plan to eat in UO. It also covers parking at the parks if that matters.

FWIW, you are only blocked out on concert dates. The parade is every night, so you can still enjoy Mardi Gras without upgrading your pass. If you have multiple days at Universal and you don't care about the concerts, I personally wouldn't pay to upgrade 5 passes. (We went last year and got 1 preferred pass for the extra discounts and 4 seasonal passes. We enjoyed the parade a great deal with our 12, 6, and 6 year olds. )
ETA: To clarify, I am saying that we watched the Parade with a Seasonal pass. We just went on a non concert day.

FWIW, you are only blocked out on concert dates. The parade is every night, so you can still enjoy Mardi Gras without upgrading your pass. If you have multiple days at Universal and you don't care about the concerts, I personally wouldn't pay to upgrade 5 passes. (We went last year and got 1 preferred pass for the extra discounts and 4 seasonal passes. We enjoyed the parade a great deal with our 12, 6, and 6 year olds. )
ETA: To clarify, I am saying that we watched the Parade with a Seasonal pass. We just went on a non concert day.

Thank you! This is very helpful actually, because I was under the impression the parade was only on concert nights. Does the parade show during the week as well? We were originally thinking we could enjoy Universal Thursday & Friday and Islands of Adventure Saturday & Sunday. Then, head to Disney Monday to Weds. We just weren’t sure our boys would miss not being able to visit both US & I of Ad. both days. I’m on the fence about upgrading because we do have Club Level at Portofino. That said, our boys love the Harry Potter restaurants, the Brick Oven Pizza place and Chocolate Emporium, but will we be able to get discounts with the preferred pass at those locations?

Thank you! This is very helpful actually, because I was under the impression the parade was only on concert nights. Does the parade show during the week as well? We were originally thinking we could enjoy Universal Thursday & Friday and Islands of Adventure Saturday & Sunday. Then, head to Disney Monday to Weds. We just weren’t sure our boys would miss not being able to visit both US & I of Ad. both days. I’m on the fence about upgrading because we do have Club Level at Portofino. That said, our boys love the Harry Potter restaurants, the Brick Oven Pizza place and Chocolate Emporium, but will we be able to get discounts with the preferred pass at those locations?

Discounts are all listed here: https://www.universalorlando.com/we...nnual-passes/uoap-types#preferred-annual-pass

The parade is every night. It just has different start times on different nights.
https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/things-to-do/events/mardi-gras

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!