Costa Rica July 13-20, 2019 live

canadakath

Mouseketeer
Figured I would try a live mini-report! DH, DS 15, DS 13 and I flew from Toronto this morning and arrived in San Jose around noon. Easy to meet the ABD contact, had a porter assigned to grab our bags (one of which took forever!) andbthen a driver to the Marriott. Met our guides Fico and Lauren and received our welcome gifts! Hotel is beautiful, walked the grounds and now enjoying some decent craft beers in their sports bar while debating dinner options. Boys played some tennis (get the racquets
at the spa)) until it rained a bit. Early morning tomorrow (bags out at 6:30, meet at 7:30) so I don’t think we’ll be wandering into San Jose at all!

Feel free to ask questions and I’ll try to get answers!417031

Day 2 had us heading over the continental divide to raft in the Sarapiqui River. It was pouring rain just we pulled into the rafting company, but it magically stopped and we had beautiful weather for our 75 minute or so rafting trip. Lots of competitive splashing between rafts - don’t expect to stay dry! Back to the rafting company to change and have a delicious taco lunch, followed by another 90 minutes on the bus in pouring rain. But the rain let up again as we arrived at the beautiful Hotel Kioro in Arenal. Haven’t seen the volcano yet, but hopefully tomorrow. A little on our own time to explore the hotel, followed by guaro sour cocktail making for the adults and juice tasting for the kids. Buffet dinner was delicious, and our Latin American dancing entertainment got many Adventurers up to learn the moves!!!!
41286ca6-c5cb-46de-ad77-4c5d592720c6-jpeg.417526

Attachments

• 4709ED15-4D9C-45BD-BE4C-CA1A8F66650D.jpeg
    4709ED15-4D9C-45BD-BE4C-CA1A8F66650D.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 24
Great report. Thank you for sharing. My son is spending a year travelling in Latin America and will begin his journey with 10 weeks in Costa Rica in October, so I am following with interest.

So nice to read- I hope you will come back to post more! We are on this adventure on Saturday- super excited!!

Love this!! Definitely following! Can I ask which airline you took? We’re from Toronto too and taking the TB trip next March! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter