Costa Rica post night?

lpm23

Mouseketeer
Has anyone doing the Costa Rica trip stayed an extra night at the Mangrove? Wondering if there is activities to do there on our own and how hard it would be to get ourselves to the airport.

my kids are going to be 7 and 9 if that helps.

Are you planning on booking the extra post-night through ABD? If you do, then you still get your transfers to the airport afterwards.

Sayhello

We just returned from Costa Rica but traveled through Tauck. LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Costa Rica. Remarkable country. We stayed in the El Mangrove and it was nice. There is a pool and a beach on the ocean (Pacific Bay) at the hotel. Very calm water. There seemed to be activities you could book through the hotel so look at the web site to see if there are any listings. People at the hotel were very, very nice and helpful. Also a very nice spa. The airport (Liberia) is about 25 minutes from the hotel and we had a hotel shuttle provided through Tauck. Small airport and easy to navigate but leave more time for the lines go slow. Zip lining we did was outstanding. Any general questions I would be happy to answer for we did travel with Tauck rather than ABD.

When are you going? We’re going July 21-28 with my 9 year old daughter. We’re staying an extra night (booked through ABD) and ABD provides the transfer to the airport.

We just returned from Costa Rica but traveled through Tauck. LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Costa Rica. Remarkable country. We stayed in the El Mangrove and it was nice. There is a pool and a beach on the ocean (Pacific Bay) at the hotel. Very calm water. There seemed to be activities you could book through the hotel so look at the web site to see if there are any listings. People at the hotel were very, very nice and helpful. Also a very nice spa. The airport (Liberia) is about 25 minutes from the hotel and we had a hotel shuttle provided through Tauck. Small airport and easy to navigate but leave more time for the lines go slow. Zip lining we did was outstanding. Any general questions I would be happy to answer for we did travel with Tauck rather than ABD.
that's great to hear. thanks!

Has anyone doing the Costa Rica trip stayed an extra night at the Mangrove? Wondering if there is activities to do there on our own and how hard it would be to get ourselves to the airport.

When we went last April one of the families in our group stayed for some post-nights. They had some extended family who weren't on the tour meet up with them for a birthday celebration. Just a caveat, the hotel is actually smaller than I had expected. It's a boutique hotel, not a big resort. My kids liked the pool, but it's not very fancy. The proximity to the beach is nice and you can rent water sports equipment to play at the beach. I think we felt that the time we had there through ABD was probably enough, but with one more night you can probably schedule a few more activities. If your ABD tour doesn't visit the animal sanctuary nearby, maybe that would be fun. Our tour added the animal sanctuary even though it wasn't on our itinerary because of a problem with our rafting. The catamaran that we took from Guanacaste was wonderful! We saw dolphins along the way which was a special surprise. If you haven't already found it, here's what I wrote up on my trip report: http://travel.veralana.com/2017/04/14/costa-rica-guanacaste/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!