costa rica?

cffamily

Earning My Ears
This will be our first adventures by Disney trip. Costa Rica sounds great, my concern is my daughter gets eaten alive by mosquitoes. What was the biting insect situation if any? We were considering the April trip.

My 8-year-old son and I took the Costa Rica trip last July. I brought insect repellant along with us and I never used any of it. We were warned of biting insects, but it wasn't a problem. It was a great trip. I highly recommend it.

We took our twin 8 year old girls and our 19 year old son in mid-march on this trip in 2008 - no problems. Great trip. No bugs. Perfect weather. Plenty of variety for activities, lots to do, really incredible food and take lots of pictures! Our local guide filled us with information on culture, animals, history, geology, it was great. Our trip was a little different than the usual trip, we spent part of the time in the northwest dry country.

Take ginger or ginger snaps with you - many of the kids on our tour got motion sickness on the bus...and this really helps prevent it. A video ipod was also a handy item for the airports, and other long waits.

You will really enjoy this trip - there are some good accounts over on the Mylaughingplace discussion board. The disney descriptions are good and give a flavor for what to expect - but there are pleasant surprises around every corner. I can no longer imagine taking a vacation any other way - we're headed to Peru with ABD in May of 2009.

Enjoy - absolutely a trip of a lifetime.

We did this trip back in August - and we agree that it is awesome! We took insect repellant along, too, but we just did not run into any bug situations at all. The Guides carry repellant if you need it, but we took along our own just-in-case.

Feel free to puruse my trip report (link is below) and forward along any questions you might have.

K.

Well, thanks to all of the responses, I booked the April trip. My eight and ten year old are very excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter