Costco Executive Member Benefit

tinytinkmom

I work to support my vacation habit!
Just received my Costco renewal notice and Executive Member benefit check.... WOW! I love that they are paying 2% back on travel now! We went on a cruise in December, and it added a nice amount to our check (not going to think about what that means about the cost of the cruise itself :rolleyes:!!!). I’ve been transferring my OBBs to Costco for years, for the cash card they give, but this definitely sweetened the deal even more!

Just received my Costco renewal notice and Executive Member benefit check.... WOW! I love that they are paying 2% back on travel now! We went on a cruise in December, and it added a nice amount to our check (not going to think about what that means about the cost of the cruise itself :rolleyes:!!!). I’ve been transferring my OBBs to Costco for years, for the cash card they give, but this definitely sweetened the deal even more!

Just wanted to double check the 2% you got back was on a reservation that you had transferred to Costco after (presumably) booking with DCL. The Costco reps I have spoken to all say yes, but it would be nice to know there is actual real world experience.

LAX

Just wanted to double check the 2% you got back was on a reservation that you had transferred to Costco after (presumably) booking with DCL. The Costco reps I have spoken to all say yes, but it would be nice to know there is actual real world experience.

LAX

Yes. 2% back on base cruise fare, but they have some funky math going on with that and taxes and fees. It doesn't change your total cruise fare, but Costco's break down is funky.

Yes. 2% back on base cruise fare, but they have some funky math going on with that and taxes and fees. It doesn't change your total cruise fare, but Costco's break down is funky.

Probably only apply to the "core" cruise fare or something. An extra 2% of some number (however small it may be) is still better than $0 as I didn't upgrade to Executive just for the rebate on cruises.

LAX

Oh, I didn't realize they were doing that! We upgraded our membership last year to get a free 60 euro voucher at our hotels for a travel package in December... if we are really going to get 2% back on top of it that more than made up for it! :worship:

The "funky math" excludes a "non-commissional" portion of the fare. While DCL has no reason to break that out in their taxes and fees, Costco does, as people are trying to figure out their cashback and it's not paid on that portion of the fare. (I phoned and asked)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter