Costco hold time

Chica1581

Mouseketeer
I have been on hold with Costco for close to two hours. Has anyone gotten through?

2.5 hours for me. When I called right at 8am it said less than 2 minute wait so it looks like they were a little off.

Yes, I was also at 2.5 when I got through. It also said 2 min when I called right at 8am. And she wasn’t going to call Disney. She said they were compiling forms to send to Disney and I will get an invoice today or tomorrow.

We were on hold yesterday for 1.5 hours, but then the agent connected right away to Disney.
I remember last year waiting another couple of hours for Costco to connect with Disney.
So hang in there all. It will all be worth it. Happy cruising.

Took right at 3 hours for me just to get Costco agent to submit the placeholder conversion form to some other Costco agent who is sitting on hold waiting for Disney.

This is one of the reasons I stopped using Costco. I went with a different travel agency years ago and very happy. I just email her my requests, she holds with Disney and emails once done. She does give an onboard credit. Yes Costco gives the higher gift card $ but my time is worth more. Or if we were traveling during a release I had to try to be available to call them. Now I don't worry anymore since I can communicate with my agent by email. She had my 2020 fall cruise booked first thing on Monday morning (we are platinum) and had an email confirmation by 8:15am.

Last edited:
I agree with happy99. We have a private agent. I tell her, she calls or emails, within the same day I have a confirmation, I book my own activities and excursions online, she helps with changes to room, if needed, advice on transfers, etc. and right before we leave she always sends a detailed document outlining each port, what to do,how to get around, etc. unfortunately her firm does not have any credits etc, but she always gives us a small gift. And I use her for everything else we do, she’s invaluable to us.

On hold for 3 hours, then an automated recording comes on and says something like technical difficulties and to try again later. Then hangs up. This is ridiculous!

It's definitely Disney - if only they could come up with a reliable system to book placeholders online. The hold times aren't bad at all for platinum and even gold but by silver, they are ridiculous. I know a couple of releases ago, Costco decided to go with the "take names, call you back later" system b/c too many of their agents were just on hold with DCL or couldn't even get through.

If anyone is calling Costco today but not using a placeholder, I would just book through Disney first online, then transfer the reservation.

This is one of the reasons I stopped using Costco. I went with a different travel agency years ago and very happy. I just email her my requests, she holds with Disney and emails once done. Yes Costco gives the higher gift card $ but my time is worth more. Or if we were traveling during a release I had to try to be available to call them. Now I don't worry anymore since I can communicate with my agent by email. She had my 2020 fall cruise booked first thing on Monday morning (we are platinum) and had an email confirmation by 8:15am.
I also agree the Costco Gift card is nice but I don't want to be on the phone all day. My TA is a Dreams Unlimited agent. I give her my information and she books it for me on opening day and I still get a nice amount of OBC.

I guess I got lucky yesterday because I am gold now, so the wait was not so bad. I just received my Costco cash card for my recent Med cruise. $425. I can't pass that up. The wait is worth it for us. Sorry you all are having a hard time today. but I agree do not wait on hold if you do not have a placeholder.

I agree the wait is worth it for me. For our EBTA I just got my Costco GC and the value was $925 CAD. That goes a long way for a family with 3 boys!

I got through after 2 hours and they called me back after they got ahold of Disney. All they needed at that point was my credit card number. I had a placeholder and will get a $355 Costco cash card after sailing, which is too much to pass up. So with the placeholder discount, the onboard credit, and the cash card, we feel we are getting a better value. Kind of makes the price comparative to other cruise lines when taking all those into consideration when comparing fares.

If anyone is calling Costco today but not using a placeholder, I would just book through Disney first online, then transfer the reservation.
So as long as you don’t have an onboard booking placeholder, I should be able to book online through my Disney account the day my club booking opens and then transfer to Costco?

So as long as you don’t have an onboard booking placeholder, I should be able to book online through my Disney account the day my club booking opens and then transfer to Costco?

Yes. You have 30 days to do a transfer to a TA. Just google “DCL transfer form” and the link to the PDF should show up. Costco will tell you what to fill in for their end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter