Costume Inspiration

sablebomb

Mouseketeer
We are going to MNSSHP on Halloween. We will be in Disney for 8 days before this date.
My question is, should we bring our Halloween costumes or can we get them there?
We are planning a shopping day and being so close to Halloween I would imagine we probably could find a costume there. But, is that cutting it close?

My daughter wants to be Mal (from Descendants) but I have no idea. I want to make sure whatever we both choose is comfortable enough to move around in and not too hot.

If anyone wants to share any inspirational ideas that would be great!

If you want full blown costumes, it’s probably better to bring them with you. For me, I usually just get a themed t-shirt so I am comfortable. One year it was a Pluto shirt and hat, one year a HM hostess shirt and doily headband, one year just a dated Disney Halloween shirt. You can do Disneybounding kinds of costumes from items bought at the parks, but the most elaborate costumes I have seen were obviously brought from home.

I've never seen adult-sized costumes at WDW. I know they do have larger sizes at WDW than what you can find at the Disney stores at the mall, so if you are a small adult you could probably fit into one of the XL kid sized costumes. I didn't see much for the Descendants when we were there last August though. Or were you thinking of going off property to shop?

Buy and bring. It’s better to be sure that you have everything you need in advance and you will save money by buying outside of Disney and likely would find better deals off season.

You could be Fairy Godmother in a lightweight diaphanous baby blue dress to stay cool. Attach a dark pink bow to the front, put your hair in a chignon, and bring your wand.

We went to one towards the end of October last year. I had my daughter's Mal costume with - long sleeves, long pants and purple wig. Because of the humidity, she wound up wearing a Halloween t-shirt.

I didn't see anything Descendants related in the parks at all.

My DD has the Uma outfit and wore it to her school disco. She was sweating buckets when she came out at the end. The Mal costume is made of a similar material (if it’s the Disney Store) so might be too hot to wear - especially if she wanted a wig etc..

Could try Disney bounding (so colours that represent the character) or themed t-shirts from stores like Momento Mori (haunted mansion).

I’m from Scotland so bringing themed t-shirts and shorts for our family (Pooh, Tigger and Piglet).

I noticed there are some Descendants kids costumes on sale at shopdisney.com for their twice a year sale. It might be worth checking out.

I've never seen adult-sized costumes at WDW. I know they do have larger sizes at WDW than what you can find at the Disney stores at the mall, so if you are a small adult you could probably fit into one of the XL kid sized costumes. I didn't see much for the Descendants when we were there last August though. Or were you thinking of going off property to shop?
I was thinking off site shopping but if I can't find what we want, then we would be screwed with no costume!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter