Cot or inflatable for the extra person?

cruisin5

DIS Veteran
What do you recommend to bring (driving) for the adult size person who doesn't want to share a bed? We are under the occupancy limitations.

Staying at BLT in a 2 bedroom ... where would suggest putting our 7th person? We have a couple in the master, adult and teen in 2 beds in the second bedroom and 3 older teens left to fight for the 2 sleeping places in the living room. Alternatively, the adult and teen can take the living room leaving the second bedroom for the smelly teens.

What do you recommend?

Staying at BLT in a 2 bedroom ... where would suggest putting our 7th person? We have a couple in the master, adult and teen in 2 beds in the second bedroom and 3 older teens left to fight for the 2 sleeping places in the living room. Alternatively, the adult and teen can take the living room leaving the second bedroom for the smelly teens.

BLT's 1 & 2 bedroom villas have both a double or queen sleeper sofa as well as a sleeper chair in the living room. Can 2 share a sofa bed? And the other on the sleeper chair?

BLT's 1 & 2 bedroom villas have both a double or queen sleeper sofa as well as a sleeper chair in the living room. Can 2 share a sofa bed? And the other on the sleeper chair?

The problem is none of the 3 male teens are willing to share a bed. The couple will share the master, I will sleep on the pull out, the couple's daughter on the sleeper chair and the 3 teens in the 2nd bedroom (one on a separate cot/inflatable). OR the couple in the master, the 3 teens (one on a separate cot/inflatable) in the living area. Me and the couple's daughter in the second bedroom.

The problem is none of the 3 male teens are willing to share a bed. The couple will share the master, I will sleep on the pull out, the couple's daughter on the sleeper chair and the 3 teens in the 2nd bedroom (one on a separate cot/inflatable). OR the couple in the master, the 3 teens (one on a separate cot/inflatable) in the living area. Me and the couple's daughter in the second bedroom.

:o Ah teenagers...... ain't they just GRAND?? o_O :rotfl2:

Make sure you also bring sheets for the inflatable bed you are bringing. Housekeeping is not supposed to offer sheets. It's bring your own.

And teach the three teens Rock, Paper, Scissor.

Cot, easier to deal with than an inflatable mattress.
There are inflatables with a built-in, electric blower/pump can be as easy as plugging it in, turn a switch and wait a minute for it to inflate. (Although a teen boy should have no trouble using a hand pump)

Inflatable, it's more portable. Just make sure to test it out at home then deflate it and pack up in original box.

Isn't there more than one sofa? A sofa that doesn't turn into a bed? That's a good sleeping surface too.

Inflatable, it's more portable. Just make sure to test it out at home then deflate it and pack up in original box.

Isn't there more than one sofa? A sofa that doesn't turn into a bed? That's a good sleeping surface too.

Only one sofa which is a pull out queen bed in a 2BR BLT villa.

I think I would bring 3 sleeping bags for the teens that refuse to share. No one gets a bed.

If it is a lockoff, it will have the murphy bed, double sleeper sofa and queen bed in the second bedroom (plus queen sleeper sofa in the living room and king bed in the master). Dedicated will have two queen beds, one queen sleeper sofa and one king bed.

OOPS, this is BRV not BLT. Sorry for the confusion. BLT doesn't have a murphy bed. BRV doesn't have a sleeper chair.

Last edited:
If it is a lockoff, it will have the murphy bed, double sleeper sofa and queen bed in the second bedroom (plus queen sleeper sofa in the living room and king bed in the master). Dedicated will have two queen beds, one queen sleeper sofa and one king bed.
BLT studios have the Murphy bed?
I thought only BLT 1BR slept 5 with the pull out chair in the living room.

I spent about $150 on one of those soft feel, fast inflate/deflate queen blow ups with built in pump.
Yes it was easy to inflate and deflate but after twice attempting to sleep on it with another person, I gave up. Every time other person moved it was like I was being thrown about and my back was bending .. crazy! I’d have thrown it away.
We got a hotel for 2 nites as we .. mostly me just couldn’t take it.

Wait ... What's in the second bedroom in a lockoff? Murphy, sofa and queen so it sleeps 5? Plus a king, sofa and sleeper chair in the "1 bedroom" part. Wouldn't that sleep 10?

Wait ... What's in the second bedroom in a lockoff? Murphy, sofa and queen so it sleeps 5? Plus a king, sofa and sleeper chair in the "1 bedroom" part. Wouldn't that sleep 10?
Only DVC at WDW with that configuration is GFV. BLT doesn't have a murphy bed at all. BRV has a murphy bed in the studio, but no sleeper chair in the one bedroom. I thought the OP was staying at BRV, not BLT.

My choice is to tell the male teens to share, or stay home. When I was in HS in CA in 1976, and went on band trips we had no choice. It was, go to Hawaii and have 4 people in one hotel room sharing 2 beds, or don't go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter