Could this work? Planning my Jan '14 short trip

jess4101

Earning My Ears
I love doing things fly by night plans and this could be this biggest one but I'm planning far in advanced because I'm indecisive. I have a million questions and need tons of help and advice.
The basics: we are a family of 6 and we love Disney... Our cats' names are Mickey Meow Meow and Minnie Meow Meow and our turtles are Crush and Squirt. We had a dog named Belle and a fish named Nemo. I'm Jess, I've been to Disney twice and universal once. Then there is Dallas who has never been to Florida let alone any theme parks. And our 4 children... Olivia will be 9 in November, Ayden will be 8 in Jan (planning this trip for on his birthday), Addyson is 6 and Emmaline is 4... None with Disney World experience. Last Christmas after seeing many friends' videos of them surprising their children with Disney trips I thought how cool would it be to surprise our kids next Christmas.. That kind of fell on the back burner. But the other day I was like why can't it happen? Even a short trip! And then a long trip in the fall for Olivia's 10th birthday! So the planning begins. And after looking at the Disney site, Olivia started crying because she's never going to be able to go to Disney. Aww :( Basically I have to make this work. And they're grateful kids (usually) so even a day or two in Disney will make them happy! I have prepared a couple different options but I need advice. We really don't have a lot of time to work with because we are driving from PA so that adds more time. 3 days/2 nights is our "play time" leaving PA on 1/6 (Monday) to arrive sometime Tuesday, leaving Thursday evening. We are going to stay at All Star Music. First plan was to get a 3 day theme park ticket, play in Epcot day 1, Magical Kingdom day 2, and Animal Kingdom day 3. Then I thought you don't need a park ticket for downtown Disney so if I get a 2 day ticket we can do DTD day 1, explore, get maps and make plans for the following days (this is the Christmas surprise so the kids won't have much input on planning), And follow thru for days 2 & 3. Is that do-able? I mean Disney World is huge, is DTD big enough to spend a few hours exploring? Do we have enough options without tickets? And also I am considering the Dining Plan... Is it worth it? I'm not sure I quite understand the concept (my thinking for sit down dinners is meals are covered except the tip.. And you get an appetizer, meal, desert... Kids get the kids menus) and the quick service meals is just that, you get a piece of pizza or hot dog at a stand. And of course the refillable mug will be worth it's weight in gold.

What am I missing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter