Could you compare Staybridge Suites LBV and Buena Vista Suites?

barefootMom

Mouseketeer
Hi, I have never stayed at either of these and am wondering how they compare overall? I'm looking for a place close to Disney for me and my 2 daughters (15, 18) and we will have a car for most of the week. We only do Disney parks. The full kitchen is intriguing at Staybridge but I am not positive we would use it (that is unless my 18 year old talks me into cooking some things for her to bring back to college since she goes to school in Orlando!). We also do like to hang out poolside some so that would be important. Overall I guess I would like to know if these compare in distance/drivability to Disney, cleanliness and quality of accommodations and grounds and safety? They both seem to offer full breakfast which is nice and have some shuttle service if we need it...

Any place else you think is better while still staying under that $200/night goal?

I've stayed at this Staybridge but not the other. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.

As far as driveability, I think its comparable to most off sites, closer to some parks, farther from others. They are very close to Disney Springs if that appeals. The hot buffet breakfast is a good amenity. There's a Giordano's pizza close by but takes 45 min to bake if you can pre-order then go eat, take leftovers back to your kitchen. They also have a free light dinner/managers reception 3 nights/wk.

Some down sides. Pool is a basic rectangle, but does have palm trees. There are no elevators so if stairs are issue have to request ground floor.

We had a 2 bedroom/2 bath so had 3 real beds & plenty of getting ready space. We could earn/use IHG loyalty points for our stay. We really enjoyed it & felt it was clean & safe. I wouldn't hesitate to book again.

I find ALL off site hotel shuttle times to be so minimal to not even consider them an amenity so plan to drive (with exception of DS area resorts).

You might want to look into Doubletree Suites at DS, no full kitchen that sounds like you won't miss. More dependable shuttle (not perfect). All beds in same bedroom, but you would gain access to EMH & would be able to pick FP 60 days in advance. You could earn/spend Hilton points here.

I've stayed at both and StayBridge is way above and beyond ... hands down I'd stay there.

BVS .... the breakfast was very basic, very crowded and the dining area not sufficient. If I were to stay there again I'd likely have breakfast foods in suite or drive through the CFA or McD on our way to the parks. The pool there is basic, it is very small for size of hotel and was also very crowded. Since the hotel sits on one of the busiest intersections in the area it is often quite loud out by the pool. The only reason I would return there is if the rate was very low and I was planning to use it for a bed only. You can not walk anywhere, very busy roads with nothing close by. Staff was very indifferent and wasn't really hospitable.

SBS .... the breakfast was one of the best we have had, wide range of offerings and plenty of space for seating. While the pool isn't huge I loved that it sat inside the courtyard, was quiet, palm trees and a relaxing environment. The area, while full of hotels and dining options, was fairly quiet. You can walk to dining options. There is a grocery across streets if you want to use the kitchen but we primarily had snacks, drinks and leftovers we would heat up. We liked the suites and they were fully renovated a few years ago. I just stayed in that area a couple months ago and it's likely going to be my go to area again now that the road in front of Disney Springs is done. Everyone here was so friendly and nice, gave us a goodie bag on arrival, asked us if everything was okay every time we entered main building to eat.

That's good to hear. We are staying in Staybridge Suites as an add-on day with our party of 8. We had rented points for 8 nights of our stay, but the price of DVC shoots up on Saturday, so we booked Staybridge. My wife and daughter stayed at Buena Vista Suites last weekend for a quick Halloween party weekend and they were not impressed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter