Could you guys critique my plans?

SamanthaL

<font color=purple>I got the cute kids AND <font c
Here is a plan of where we eat and basically where will be each day. Could you guys check it out and see what you think? Sometimes it's not easy for the planner to pick up on conflicts.
Oh, keep in mind this trip is my Grandmother's 85 birthday celebration and we have a 3 yo.

11/3
Arrive at 4pm
6:20 Cape May clam bake
Stroll the Boardwalk/ or hit the hay (depends on how we feel)

11/4
Magic Kingdom
12:00 lunch at the Plaza restaurant
Not sure where to get the little one a quick bite for dinner (McDonald's?)
6pm Cique du Soliel
DD for Shopping and eating

11/5
Epcot (FW)
12N Lunch at Coral Reef (nana wants to see the fish and eat bisque)
5pm Dinner at Beaches and Cream
Epcot or MGM for the remainder of the night

11/6
Animal Kingdom
12N lunch at Tuskers
Epcot (WS)
5:10 dinner at Rose and Crown

11/7
MGM
12N lunch 50's Prime Time
5pm Dinner at Beaches and Cream
Shop around the Epcot resorts
8:15 Illumination Cruise (surprise cake for Nana)

11/8/
Magic Kingdom

I think my post was too long:o But I didn't get to finish.:rolleyes:

11/8
Magic Kingdom
9am Breakfast at Cindy's or Tony (we will see if my lucks holds out).
12N Columbia Harbor House
5:30 Yachtsman Steakhouse
More shopping at DD.

11/9
9:30 Cape May for breakfast
Go home:(

What do you think? We will break after lunch for naps if everyone is fading. This worked good in Dec.

Make PS's!!! If you want to eat at the prime eating times, this is a must. Also, I would not plan 2 days at MK, I'd leave your trip back their open, so you can see things you missed or had to skip due to age members of your party. You may have to take things slower than you expect, so if you have a free day, you can easily hit something you missed.

Also, AK could be done in 1/2 a day, you could use part of that day at Epcot, which would make Epcot much easier when you want to spend a day there.

jdwright13- All my PS's are made except for the 60 day ones.
The only reason why I picked to go back to the MK was because that is where my DD has the best time. She doesn't care too much for MGM and we have 2 trips to Epcot so MK seemed the best option. It is my only day to try for Cindy's too, so I figured we would be there anyway.
I guess if I don't get Cindy's I may keep it open to see what everyone wants to do though.:D

OK, you asked! :) I think there's not enough time between your meals. On most days, you have both a 12:00 lunch and a 5:00 dinner planned. You figure by the time you're done eating lunch, it's at least 1:00.....and you're usually stuffed. I don't think you'll wanna think about eating again in 4 hours or less.

I just finished our itinerary, and I usually scheduled us an early breakfast and a late lunch with PS for both, and then just snacky stuff for dinner - OR - just grab coffee and a danish for b'fast, have an early lunch at 11 or 11:30 and then dinner around 6 or 7:00.

I learned this from our last trip to WDW, 2 years ago, and I think it'll work much better for us this time, with only 2 real meals planned each day, and plenty of time in between them.

Bluorchid2- That's a good point. I can't remember what we did for our Dec. trip. I only planned one Ps for each day so the others meals are just fast meals. I would bet we probably do eat lunch at 11 or 11:30 because breakfast will be mostly be in our villa (and I don't plan on cooking AT ALL:smooth: ).
The nights we have dinner at Beaches and Cream My grandmother and I plan on splitting meals. Thanks for the input,
Anyone else?

skip beaches and creme at least for one of those meals, try spoodles instead.

move your rose and crown PS to 7:30 so you can get an outside table for illuminations.

a great counter service place in the MK is pecos bills.

have dinner for nanas birthday at brown derby, not so kids friendly but definately old school which nana might appreciate.

arrive early for coral reef and ask to wait for a tank side table, its all about the view.

stact6552 These are great ideas.
Do you like Pecos Bill's better than the Harbor House amd why? What do you usually get there?
I will definately get to the Coral Reef early if it means sitting by the tank.
The only suggestion I probably won't take is eating at Rose and Crown during the Illuminations. We have an Illumination Cruise booked and they will serve cake for Nana while we cruise around. There is absolutely no better way to see Illumination.( and Nana will never wait until 7:30 to eat:rolleyes: ).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter