Countdown Timer for Indefinite trip.....good or bad idea?

kaabost

Loves feathered children equipped with can openers
OK, I just got back from WDW a week before last. The only thing that relieves the Disney Blues is to try to plan another trip. The problem is that I do not know when I will get to go again. I am thinking/hoping that MAYBE DH and I can go around the beginning of Jan. 2004. The thing is, this is going to take a lot to convince DH that HE is ready to go again by this date. Maybe I should just tell him that I AM GOING and hope that he will accompany. My question is......should I start a countdown timer for a trip that I HOPE will work out? It might make me feel better to have a countdown but it will make me feel horrible if the trip doesn't work out. What do you guys think? Would you take the "emotional risk?"

I don't know. I think I would wait til I knew for sure I was going. I don't think I could handle it if it didn't work out.

I say start the timer. Think positively and know in your mind that you're going and chances are...you'll go. If not, well then start another timer. It's kind of like putting something out there in the universe and when you put it out there it usually comes to you. You're right, the only way to beat the post-Disney blues is to plan another trip. One time we came home and went back 1 month later (for a much shorter little trip of course) but we got it out of our systems until the next year.

Plan away!

PamNC

What if he wants to go somewhere else that he's never been?

I wouldn't start the timer, and I wouldn't make any plans without consulting him. What if he decided that you were going to Texas nect year to go see rodeos. A marriage is a two-way street, he deserves to have an opinion on your vacation too.

I'm in the same boat, I convinced my GF to go to disney this year, and I'd love to go every year, but I know that she wants to go to Thailand and Europe too, so we compromise.

All of my counters are for trips that are still unconfirmed. I like to have some semblance of going back. It helps me. I say do it, you can always change the date later when you find out for sure when you're going.

Hey, I think that I will do it. Thanks for all of your well rounded advice. LOL Tulip......I love you 4000+day timer! And don't worry Matty Disfan, DH and I will come to an agreement before any real plans are made....but great point! I actually talked to DH about it today and he actually responded relatively positively about the idea of going in 1/04. His mother kinda wants to go so I think that helps (luckily for me, she is a fun woman.....a good MIL).

Tulip......I love you 4000+day timer!
Well I'm a huge planner and we don't get to go that often since we're in Canada. Plus I love those silly countdowns. :cool:

It's nice to know there are big planners out there other than myself. It helps pass the time when I'm bored too.

Question: how many drafts of your packing list do you make before making your final? I think I have actually made up to 7 different drafts before the actual packing day. (Don't want to forget anything!)

I don't make packing lists, I just pack everything. :D DH wants to kill me when he tries to lift the suitcase.

I personally wish that all the countdown timers were removed. It makes the pages load slowly and I am on a cable modem. I can imagine how hard it is for dialup users. Even when it loads OK, it still makes the scrolling slow down to a crawl. I even changed my options to not show signatures so the board would load faster but for some reason, the last few days, it has shown signatures even though my options are the same. It is especially slow when people have multiple counters in their signatures.

I know my view is not popular but the boards have gotten so much traffic that it seems that limiting the counters to just one would be a good idea.

Bev

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter