Countdown to "Blue Friday" 2015!

I won't be visiting till January of 2017, so deals don't work for me (too early and too long before I'll be in Orlando).

My extended family including my son, though, are in the park today. My mom's an annual pass holder. Last Sunday she bought six of the 50% off passes and one full price ticket, for the eight in the family who were already in Orlando. They went back today with the seven non pass holders using the $10 second day deal and of course she gets in with her pass). And now today she has two additional people going (one is my son), so for them today she got the buy one / get one deal. She also for the whole gang (with the park being open till 10, got the meal deal buy one get one 1/2 price for the 10 people in the party), so that really worked out great for their park day today! What a beautiful day too -- sunny, high of 79, only a 10% chance of rain. I'm envious here at home in St. Louis.

Wow - thank you for sharing this Discovery Cove link! If I book now for spring, we would save $120 for our family of 4. Just wanted to double check something - if I book a day now, I can still change the day once, right? And, does anyone know how long this offer is available? ($149 for the day package is so much better than $179!)

Wow - thank you for sharing this Discovery Cove link! If I book now for spring, we would save $120 for our family of 4. Just wanted to double check something - if I book a day now, I can still change the day once, right? And, does anyone know how long this offer is available? ($149 for the day package is so much better than $179!)

My email says that the deals are available through Cyber Monday. As for changing the date, I copied this from Discovery Cove's website:

Changing or canceling a reservation
At Discovery Cove, we recognize that vacation plans sometimes change. To accommodate this, we will allow one complimentary date change prior to your visit. Further changes to your itinerary will be provided for a nominal charge of $50 per change. If you need to reschedule your Discovery Cove visit, one complimentary date change is allowed, pending availability. Bookings made within 7 days of original reservation date will be booked at the original rate. Bookings made outside of that time will be subject to change based on seasonal rates for the new date chosen.

Please note: If you decide to cancel or rebook your Discovery Cove reservation within 30 days of your visit there is no refund. If the cancellation notice is provided more than 30 days from your originally scheduled arrival, you will receive a full 100% refund. If you have to change or cancel your reservation, please contact the Discovery Cove reservations center at 1-877-557-7404. International guests, please call 001 (407) 370-1280.

Do the annual passes start on the day that you purchase them or on day of first use? We are trying to figure out if this would work for us. Our first trip of 2016 would be in March and then we'd like to do 2 more trips in 2016/17. Thanks!

My email says that the deals are available through Cyber Monday. As for changing the date, I copied this from Discovery Cove's website:

Changing or canceling a reservation
At Discovery Cove, we recognize that vacation plans sometimes change. To accommodate this, we will allow one complimentary date change prior to your visit. Further changes to your itinerary will be provided for a nominal charge of $50 per change. If you need to reschedule your Discovery Cove visit, one complimentary date change is allowed, pending availability. Bookings made within 7 days of original reservation date will be booked at the original rate. Bookings made outside of that time will be subject to change based on seasonal rates for the new date chosen.

Please note: If you decide to cancel or rebook your Discovery Cove reservation within 30 days of your visit there is no refund. If the cancellation notice is provided more than 30 days from your originally scheduled arrival, you will receive a full 100% refund. If you have to change or cancel your reservation, please contact the Discovery Cove reservations center at 1-877-557-7404. International guests, please call 001 (407) 370-1280.

Thank you! I just read the fine print with the link and it says "book by December 25, 2016" so now I wonder if I should wait until December or book by Cyber Monday....decisions!

For these discounts associated with Blue Friday, I would go ahead and book by Cyber Monday--the prices will likely go up as time goes on.

I wanted to thank everyone -- especially Gina!-- for all the information on this thread. We were able to rebook our Discovery Cove day in April and save $130.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Our reservation for Discovery Cove is not showing up in my account, nor has the purchase shown on my credit card account. Made the pruchase on Black Fridat, just past midnight and am certain that the process was completed. Starting to panic.

I called DC directly Friday since I already had reservations to cancel then rebook with the cheaper blue Friday rate. I used my debit card and within 1/2 from calling the charge went through. Maybe a debit card works differently than a cc? I had to go into my DC account, then order history to see the 'rebooked' reservation. It took about an hour for it to update.

I would call them tomorrow just to make sure.

I see the BOGO sale is still active today. (except the sea world-only AP BOGO is not there, only Sea World-Aquatica).
I was wondering if I can purchase both BOGO tickets for the same person (since we have an odd number of people).
As in activate one right away, and activate the second one a year from now (since I think thats when the voucher can last be activated) ?

I signed up for e-mails from SeaWorld and did not get a Blue Friday e-mail. :-( I was hoping to get some deals for our trip next month.

I never got the link either despite signing up. Wound up googling it. purchased the Aquatica combo since it was only in area of $15 more pp. Can't say i'm a huge fan of that water park but the price was right.

Was surprised to see that it stated I have a year to activate the vouchers, should work out well for us.:)

Even more surprised to receive several negative comments as to supporting SW.:rolleyes1 MYOB kwim?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts