Counter service food quality

Kenbar

Mouseketeer
I would not eat MacDonalds if my life depended on it. Junk food I don't mind but the quality has to better than Mac D. What is the quality of the counter service places like in MK? Cosmic Rays? Any recommendations

Ken

Almost all counter service places have something healthy. Cosmic Rays (which you mentioned) has very yummy rotisserie chicken.

Just check www.wdwig.com for menus.

~Tina

Honestly, it depends where you go and what you order. Some places even serve McDonald's food, so watch out! I think Cosmic Rays is pretty good, I've had the corn dog nuggets, grilled chicken sandwich, and the cheese steak sub from there. The cheese steak is the only thing I wouldn't order again. It lacked flavor, and I had to put lots of ketchup on it. Another good choice in the MK is Colombia Harbour House for the fried fish strips. They also serve clam chowder in a bread bowl, which I have not tried. If you like hot dogs, Casey's Corner is the place to go.

As far as other parks, Tusker House in Animal Kingdom serves great food, far superior to McDonald's-type food.

MGM is probably the worst, IMHO, as far as fast food is concerned. I typically get the fish and chips from ABC Commissary, but they are nothing special.

Epcot has many excellent choices, including the Sunshine Season Food Fair in the Land. Many different choices. I particularly enjoyed the tuna sandwich and the barbecued chicken. In World Showcase you can get many different types of quick service food, which are nothing like McDonald's. You can get food from Mexico, UK, Norway, Japan, China, etc.

Hope this helps! :D

Even the places that sell the same type of food as McDonald's have better quality than McDonald's (unless it's a food cart run by them). If you get a hamburger at a counter service restaurant, it's going to be closer to something that you would order at a restaurant like Chili's (although not cooked to order) than at a typical fast food place. Generally, I find that if a place has a menu that I like, I end up liking the food.

counter service food is fast food. Just like BK, mcd's KFC, If you want to eat healthey they have different salads. As far as quality I would not compare any counter service rest at DW to a Chili's
applebees or any restraunt like that they are not in the same league.

I don't know about that...A Pecos burger with toppings bar is pretty darn fresh and good.

~Tina

There are some EXCELLENT counter srevice places, and some that are worse than Mc D's.

Worst:

Pinnochio Village House in the MK.
Backlot Express in MGM
Pizza in Epcot by the Fountain (can't recall the name)
Restaurantasaurus in AK (but they have one of the best CB's--go figure!)

Best:

Yakitori House in Japan (Epcot)
Cosmic Rays in MK
UK Fish N Chips (yes, its fried and not so healthy, but if you like Fish N Chips its a winner) in Epcot
Sunshine Food Fair in Epcot

Hope this helps.

Anne

We Like Pecos Bills in MK,Beaches and Cream at BC, Dolphin Fountain at the Dolphin,The American one in world showcase,always had a pretty good meal at these.

I also wanted to add that Tangierine Cafe in Morrocco is excellent and healthy. They have shawarma (slow roasted chicken or lamb) with taziki sauce and tabbouleh, as well as a bit of hummus. (If you don't know, hummus is simply chickpeas aka garbonzo beans mushed up with some spices, but it is really good). Yummm.
~Tina

Originally posted by tinagirl
I don't know about that...A Pecos burger with toppings bar is pretty darn fresh and good.

~Tina

I would second this. When we are at the MK if fast food is on the menu we always go to Peco Bill's.

Less than 48hrs to WDW.:bounce: :Pinkbounc

I'm not a huge fan of the Sunshine Season Food Fair in Epcot, haven't ever had the tuna though... But each country in the World Showcase has pretty good counter service, and not just the standard fare. In addition to those mentioned above, we also like the brats in Germany.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!