Counter Service Reviews-Excellent Idea!!

Fitswimmer

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Thanks, Kevin! I'm really looking forward to trying that turkey bacon panini now!

Many times with counter service I end up going the default Chicken Fingers route because it's easier. It's good to hear about other options available for those CS credits on the dining plan!

I think it's a great idea, too. We all end up eating counter service sometimes so it's nice to hear about some different choices. To be honest, the Figaro Fries sound and look pretty gross to me, so it was nice to hear a favorable review. I'll try them next time. I am sad that they didn't try the Cannoli at Pinocchio's- it's totally sinful and IMO much better than a Dole Whip. :duck:

Yeah everytime we walk by Pinocchio's it looks closed, but that can be a good thing right!

We will be at M.K. in 17 days and I have to try those Figaro Fries and the grilled Panini. I keep myself on a fairly strict/healthy diet and exercise routine throughout the year, so when we visit WDW the fat kid deep inside of me comes busting out:rotfl2:

Bawb, I'm with you on the Dolewhip kick, I love pineapple and most anything that has pineapple and/or coconut in it. I had my first Dolewhip experience in the summer of 2006, now it's a must everytime we visit.

On the DDP snack thread everyone raved about the Figaro Fries. You used to be able to get them for one snack credit...wonder if you still can. I agree that the description didn't sound very good, so I probably never would have tried them!

Kevin,

Thank you sooo much for the counter service reviews. :worship: Please keep doing them. The format was great. I often eat at counter service because I don't want to spend a lot of time dining or don't want a huge meal (or I don't want to spend too much money!) I too, quickly tire of hamburgers. Thank you for trying different foods for us. I have always thought that going to Pinocchio's and eating Figaro Fries was a hidden gem. Thanks to you, not anymore. All of the Dis folks will be invaiding my quiet escape.

On the DDP snack thread everyone raved about the Figaro Fries. You used to be able to get them for one snack credit...wonder if you still can. I agree that the description didn't sound very good, so I probably never would have tried them!

Someone confirmed that you can still get Figaro Fries as a snack credit. See the confirmed snack thread HERE

Another who enjoyed this segment. I think Kevin and John have given an interesting spin to this rather than just reeling out the menu.

By the way even though I've never been to WDW I was screaming at my iPod "Sonny Eclipse" :lmao: ;)

I agree. I enjoyed hearing about the Pinnochio Haus review and have listened to archive reviews of several other restaurants. Thank you for this. I am addicted to the podcast now. The whole show is entertaining to listen to.

Yay! We're CS kinda people, and love this addition. Kevin, please try the Yak and Yeti CS place..... and it's PLENTY to share! we enjoyed it last December - we considered it a new treat!

I loved the new segment. Basically I have my favorite sit down resturants and usually do them every trip, but counter service is a different story. My families annual trip is for the marathon, so in the days leading up to the race we try and avoid the burgers and fries and this can be tough because we don't always know what to do for lunch, so this review really helps. Plus if counter service locations have good food it is a great way to save some money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter