Couple of comments about BWV stay

RAD

DIS Veteran
We arrived on 11/5, a 2BR with BW view on 5th floor. I don't know if it's just me, maybe I'm being too picky, but it's starting to show it's age. The hall carpets look like they need to be replaced. There were cleaning the the carpets on 5th floor Monday but they still much duller then they used to be. In the elevator lobby the wood flooring to the right as you get off the elevators has a number of boards that are rotting out and warping, they've tried to screw a couple of them down but it still looks bad (and by looking at the age of them it's not from the recent hurricanes). In the elevators, the doors that cover the emergancy phones are gone on two of them, just looks tackie.

In the room, the door frames in the bathrooms are starting to show rust where they meet the tiles. Our guest went to open the curtains in the studio part and had the entire curtain rod fall down on her. Had a three burnt out light bulbs that we had to call to have replaced (why can't maids check and report?).

Any my biggest pet peave, why can't they keep the light bulbs in the "The Boardwalk" sign working, more then half of them are out. While there's been a bunch out on prior trips this is the worst that I've seen it, they should just turn the sign off until they can fix it.

Guess I'm just wondering what the old girl will look like in another few years. Still happy that I joined, just wish they would do a better job on keeping my home looking great.

I noticed this as well when we were down a few weeks ago. The grounds seemed to look a little worse for the wear. (Not hurricane damage). We were speculating that due to the hurricanes, the maintenance staff must be focused on dealing with higher priority repairs as opposed to routine maintenance kinds of things. Just speculation on our part though.....

Originally posted by RAD
Guess I'm just wondering what the old girl will look like in another few years. Still happy that I joined, just wish they would do a better job on keeping my home looking great.
Perhaps they'll start replacing carpeting, structural areas, etc. in given time. In fact, I hope they do. This is a beautifully-decorated resort with so many beautiful bright colors. I'd hate to see it fade away.

Originally posted by CaliforniaDreaming
Thanks for the report. May I ask what your room number was? Thanks. :)

2BR BW View 5017 and 5015.

It seems to me that BWV just replaced their carpeting a couple of years ago....maybe 2002? We didn't notice any "worn" look when we stayed there this summer. But then again, we were on the Standard View side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter