Couple of Universal Questions

DizneyLizzy

DIS Veteran
Hi there! First off, thank to those who have posted before me. I feel like there are going to be a lot of us visiting USH for the first time this summer, and I've found so much valuable information on here. Our July trip is fast approaching so I have a few quick things I've been wondering about.

1. We purchased early access into Super Mario World, and our hotel's shuttle won't be running early enough to get us there (assuming July park hours are identical to June hours). Is Uber/Lyft the best way to get there for early access from the North Hollywood area, or should we drive our car?

2. My husband gets sick on a lot of simulator/screen rides and can't watch 3D movies. Can he go through the line with us at the Bowser ride and then take a "chicken exit" at the last minute?

3. Assuming my husband doesn't do the Bowser ride, can he purchase the power up bands for the kids while the kids and I are on the ride, or do we need the bands ON the ride? We won't be able to buy them the night before in CityWalk because we're visiting on a Sunday (I feel like I read you can't buy them in City Walk on a weekend)

Thanks again for all the help planning our first visit to USH!

Hello. I don't have answers to all your questions but we went at the end of April and did the early entry for SNL.

1. I think getting an Uber or Lyft is very easy in LA., even in the morning. Maybe look at scheduling a ride via the app. I know Uber does that. You could drive if you have a car as parking is fairly abundant especially that early.

2. I would imagine this is the case as there's always a kid swap area. Don't know that for a fact but there are exits all along the way. When you get to the racing briefing room, they then let you in to the boarding area. That's where he could see about taking an exit with the help of a cast member. It's definitely not a ride for people who are sensitive to motion as there's so much happening, coming at you, things to focus on.

3. I wouldn't wait to buy your bands. If you can get there an hour to 45 minutes before your entry time, you can get inside the parks and buy the bands at the shops along the opening stretch. We got there at 7:30 for an 8am opening and had no issues getting a band in the shop. Though we were there on a Friday morning when the park didn't open till 9am.

There's also a shop right close to the entrance. If all else fails, there are kiosks inside the land on the left side where you can get the bands. I would definitely duck into the first shop on the left and get your bands. You'll need to link them via the app which I did as we made our way down the 4 escalators. On the Mario ride, you tap the middle of the steering wheel so it will give your kids additional coins and I believe a trophy if you win your race. I would definitely recommend getting the bands in the Upper Lot so you/they/he don't miss out on any of the spectacle once inside.

Thank you! This is so helpful! So what I'm hearing is, it's worth making a quick stop en route to the Bowser ride to pick up the power up bands. It won't add too much time to our wait time for the ride.

PP is right, you can exit right after the briefing room. I did this with my child who was too short to ride and we enjoyed the walk through 😊 The team members are super nice about it too.

We just came back from Universal (June 1st) and you can buy the bands the night before. I confined with the manager that they are selling the bands on weekends. She said it was just something that they were trying out and it lasted 2 weeks in May before they realized it was a mistake. Hope that helps. :)

We just came back from Universal (June 1st) and you can buy the bands the night before. I confined with the manager that they are selling the bands on weekends. She said it was just something that they were trying out and it lasted 2 weeks in May before they realized it was a mistake. Hope that helps. :)

Thank you!! Where exactly do you buy them the night before?

We bought them on city walk, I believe the name of the store was Super Nintendo World Store. Parking is $30.00 during the day but if you park after 5:00 it’s $10.00. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter