Couples massage

LeslieG

DIS Veteran
I see there is a 50 minute and a 75 minute couples massage offered. Is 75 minutes too long? The 75 minute is the only one available to prebook. The 50 minute appears to be sold out to book in advance for my sailing on the Dream. Are there normally a lot of appointments available on board for Nassau day if I wait to book a 50 minute once onboard?

Typically most people do a 60 minute or 90 minute massage. So my response would be that 50 minutes is a little on the short side and 75 minutes is between "normal" lengths.

Having said that, the fact that you asked the question the way you did would make me suspect that you don't normally get massages and have never done a couples massage before. I'd try one in a "normal" setting near where you live before spending that much on the cruise one. (Unless your cruise budget is a lot higher than mine.)

As far as Nassau? It’s slightly less busy than a sea day...but only slightly. More and more people stay on board, so I would expect the spa to be about as busy as the overpriced, not-great onboard spa will ever be.

If you want a response from a massage therapist, 75 minutes it too SHORT! :rotfl: But like @Rob1872 mentioned, if you dont normally receive massages, stick with a 50 minute. Typically they don't like to have booking gaps on the schedule so while it may say only 75 minutes available, they're trying make sure there are no 15/30 minute gaps left on the schedule. But when it comes down to it they will take any income rather than nothing so definitely check-in onboard.

And also, if you can just get 2 individual massages rather than the couple's massage I'd do that if it's available. You will enjoy your massage just as much if not more (I never get massages with my husband anymore because he snores and makes too many noises :rotfl:)

We had a 50 minute on the Wonder in October and it went by way too quickly! If you're already spending the $$, may as well just go for the 75. Enjoy!

We just got back from the Dream yesterday. On embarkation day, the were offering an additional 15 minutes to any service booked. They said it had to be performed on embarkation day as well, but they let us book another day and still get the deal. Just an FYI.

We just got back from the Dream yesterday. On embarkation day, the were offering an additional 15 minutes to any service booked. They said it had to be performed on embarkation day as well, but they let us book another day and still get the deal. Just an FYI.

Was that in the Navigator? Or did you have to go up to the spa to find that special offering?

Was that in the Navigator? Or did you have to go up to the spa to find that special offering?

I'm not sure if it was in the Navigator or not. We were planning on a massage & rainforest room pass anyway, so we went up right after lunch.

How much was the rainforest room and can you still get it without scrubs. I go back and forth on couples pass for 4 nights or buying the passes online fir 2-3 days

We've only ever done the longer couples massage (I can't recall if it was 75 minutes or if it was 90 minutes - either way, they usually seemed to be longer than the official booking). The massage isn't that long - you start with a foot scrub, time in the hot tub on the verandah with some bath salts added, then the massage, then some time on the day bed on the verandah with herbal tea and fruit. It's not just a massage, it's an experience. Loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter