Coupons for SD Zoo or Wildlife Park?

Feistygirl916

Mary Poppins is practically perfect in every way
Are there any coupons for either of these places? I just looked at the prices and wow! :scared1:

TIA!

Are there any coupons for either of these places? I just looked at the prices and wow! :scared1:

TIA!

There are usually not a whole lot of coupons around, sometimes they are on the the map inserts and also members get them annually. WHen is your trip? I will be going in the next couple weeks and I can look for you...

Hi there,

Our trip is for spring break, which is March 20-25th. Thank you! :flower3:

AAA offers discounts if you're a member.
You don't need the fanciest package if you're on a budget - just getting in is a lot cheaper. The bus at the zoo is handy though since you can hop on and off and it's very hilly. But you don't need the skyfari.

At Safari park you will probably want the ride back into the open area ( they're renaming everything -losing track). But that's it.

AAA offers discounts if you're a member.
You don't need the fanciest package if you're on a budget - just getting in is a lot cheaper. The bus at the zoo is handy though since you can hop on and off and it's very hilly. But you don't need the skyfari.

At Safari park you will probably want the ride back into the open area ( they're renaming everything -losing track). But that's it.

They (the zoo and Safari Park) have made some changes lately. Whereas the bus and Skyfari used to be extra, you now get unlimited use of the tour bus, express bus, and Skyfari with a standard admission ticket. Also, while the Safari Park admission used to only include one tram tour, standard admission now includes unlimited tours. That means that the price has gone up a bit, but the ticket price now includes more "extras" if you will. They no longer sell the "bare bones" tickets.

Wow. good to know they've changed so much!
We just buy annual passes every year - those are super good bargains and include both parks. $96 for 2 adults for a year and it comes with 2 free guest passes and some coupons. Some years we've only gone once but then I feel like we've contributed to a good cause - and I think it's even partly tax deductible.

Buying 2 adult annual passes worked for us. It included 4 tickets for either the zoo or safari park along with free parking at the safari (zoo is always free parking). That was the cheapest way for us 2 adults and 2 kids to visit both parks. California residents get the passes substantially cheaper than out of state but still works out cheaper than buying 4 day tickets to each park even for out of staters.

There are coupons for a few $'s off but not enough to bother with.

Buying 2 adult annual passes worked for us. It included 4 tickets for either the zoo or safari park along with free parking at the safari (zoo is always free parking). That was the cheapest way for us 2 adults and 2 kids to visit both parks. California residents get the passes substantially cheaper than out of state but still works out cheaper than buying 4 day tickets to each park even for out of staters.

There are coupons for a few $'s off but not enough to bother with.

Hey Huff! I just wanted to correct a few things. I'm not sure when you have purchased zoo memberships, but this is not how they work right now, and don't want anyone to be disappointed. Zoo membership is currently only available to those residing in the zip codes 90000-93199. That is currently $75 if you buy online and includes 2 free admission tickets to either park, four $5 off coupons (two for each park), and a free subscription to ZooNooz. Unfortunately if you do not live in the zip codes I mentioned above, you can only get a membership if you buy a Donor Membership, which is $250, and even with the two free admission tickets, would not be worth it if you only planned on visiting once, since tickets are $40 per day.

Hey Huff! I just wanted to correct a few things. I'm not sure when you have purchased zoo memberships, but this is not how they work right now, and don't want anyone to be disappointed. Zoo membership is currently only available to those residing in the zip codes 90000-93199. That is currently $75 if you buy online and includes 2 free admission tickets to either park, four $5 off coupons (two for each park), and a free subscription to ZooNooz. Unfortunately if you do not live in the zip codes I mentioned above, you can only get a membership if you buy a Donor Membership, which is $250, and even with the two free admission tickets, would not be worth it if you only planned on visiting once, since tickets are $40 per day.

We visited over this past New Years. To clarify the $250 Donor Membership includes annual passes for 2 adults and 4 tickets to either park. Otherwise the cost for 2 adults and 2 kids is $140 per park so the $250 deal is the cheaper option even for out of staters if visiting both the Zoo and the Safari park.

Ahhh, got it. My apologies. I didn't realize that's the type you were already referring to :)

Not sure if the 250 is tax deductible - the SoCal memberships are - for the Diamond & Keeper's Club it says
"Please note that under IRS guidelines, the estimated value of Keeper's Club benefits is not substantial; therefore, the full amount is a deductible contribution."
For Curator's it says:
Please note that the estimated fair market value of Curator's Club benefits is $10 contribution.

I'm guessing that means 240 is deductible, but I'm no tax acct.

I see different prices for membership here - $85 for one, $106 for two Southern California residents.

Yeah those prices are for residents, but if you aren't from here, the next cheapest option is the $250 membership described above.

Wow, I am not too sure how my thread got so crazy... :confused3

I was hoping to find somewhere that had a discount for the zoo and the safari park. Has anyone been recently to know if they had coupons printed in the maps? It's just me and my daughter so I am not sure the $250 AP would be the best bet for us.

TIA! :flower3:

The $250 AP would save a family of 4 going to both parks but certainly not if its just two of you.

You can save about $4 a ticket if you buy online from the Zoo's website by buying a 2 day ticket. That gives 1 day at each park.

Ares Travel often sells tickets online at a small discount.

Does anyone know if you get a discount if you belong to your zoo in your home state. Couple of years ago i recieved a huge discount on tickets for a Zoo in Ohio for being a member in Chicago!:thumbsup2

Thanks in advance. KIM:goodvibes

Does anyone know if you get a discount if you belong to your zoo in your home state. Couple of years ago i recieved a huge discount on tickets for a Zoo in Ohio for being a member in Chicago!:thumbsup2

Thanks in advance. KIM:goodvibes

Unfortunately you do not :(

"Are there discounts for members of other zoos?

The San Diego Zoo is a not-for-profit conservation organization that raises funds to maintain its parks, provide state-of-the-art animal care for endangered species, and pursues conservation efforts around the world. Most of our funds are raised through admission and on-grounds sales at our parks. Unlike most zoos in the United States, we are not largely supported by municipal, state, or federal funds. In the interest of supporting our conservation mission, we do not offer complimentary or discount admission to members of other zoos."

The $250 AP would save a family of 4 going to both parks but certainly not if its just two of you.

You can save about $4 a ticket if you buy online from the Zoo's website by buying a 2 day ticket. That gives 1 day at each park.

Ares Travel often sells tickets online at a small discount.

Thanks Huff :thumbsup2

I will check out Ares Travel and see what I can find... Any discount is great for us! We will be doing one day at each, so it may work out best for us to do the tickets they offer online.

I was hoping they were part of the AZA reciprocity list, and for us to get a discount thru that since we have a membership to our Oregon Zoo, but that's okay.

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter