Courtman in WDW

Courtman

Earning My Ears
Hello! We are back in Florida for what may well turn out to be our last trip to the World for a couple of years (boo). We'll be mainly in WDW this time and unlikely to venture out to Sea World or Universal, although I'm tempted by a day at Kennedy if the Squabblegoblin will tolerate a day of space rockets...to be decided. So thought I'd share some of my pictures and thoughts here when we get chance. Hope you like!

First off, the Animal Kingdom. I have NEVER seen so many walls up! Most annoyingly they seem to be blocking the best photo spots as well, but hey ho. The new Lion King area looks good and well themed, I've got a shot of that I'll post later. It's interesting to see cranes and structures up for Avatar Land, that'll be an intriguing place when it's opened.

I never can beat sitting and watching the gorillas for ages, such interesting characters in the Pangani Forest Trail. Same goes for the meerkats too!

In The Jungle by Adrian Court, on Flickr

Normally when we visit in January AK is only open until 5 or 6 but last night I got a treat and a 7pm closure, and a chance to get some night shots. Only edited one up so far but expect more from the Tree and both Africa and Asia - I did some walking in a short space of time!

The Tree of Life by Adrian Court, on Flickr

More to follow, enjoy!

We've also visited the Studios so far, and again the changes are obvious. The hat has been topped and I expect it to disappear completely by the time we leave. American Idol is no more, as is Catastrophe Canyon and the Backlot Tour. No idea what will take the place of these attractions, but there is an awful lot of empty buildings/space around DHS at the moment.

Toy Story and Pixar Place are as cool as ever, great themed area - just needs more than one attraction in it.

It's All About ME by Adrian Court, on Flickr

Nice sunset on the first evening too, wish I'd stayed another 10-15mins as it got even better...

Crossroads by Adrian Court, on Flickr

It's not all about Disney on our trips either, for anyone with a car I'd thoroughly recommend a trip north up I-4 to Lake Eola in Downtown Orlando. A small park right in the heart of the city, skyscrapers around it but a wonderful little park with a great kids play area and lots of events. Take bread and feed the ducks and swans.

Colours by Adrian Court, on Flickr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter