Courtyard by Marriott/Grand Legacy at the Park Question

lovethesun12

DIS Veteran
Hello! Narrowing down my hotel choices and have some question for anyone who’s stayed at or followed these hotels.

1) We’re pretty much decided on Courtyard theme park entrance. We’re about 11 months out. The pre-book rate for me is $40 lower than the regular rate. Is it likely I’ll get a better discount than that? I do have travel insurance if something out of our control happens but not sure if better discounts are the norm. We are going for 10-11 nights so $40 a night savings is significant.

2) Is Grand Legacy at the park much closer than the above, or is it about the same distance? This one meets all of our wants as well so if substantially closer we might go for this one instead.

TIA!

They are about equal in distance to the entrance, but Courtyard is much better in terms of quality. The best rates I've seen for Courtyard have been through Get Away Today, you might want to look into a package if you haven't already purchased tickets. You might consider annual passes for a trip that long though.

They are about equal in distance to the entrance, but Courtyard is much better in terms of quality. The best rates I've seen for Courtyard have been through Get Away Today, you might want to look into a package if you haven't already purchased tickets. You might consider annual passes for a trip that long though.
Thanks! I checked the rates there and they only have 1 room type available, and it’s not the one we want :(

Tickets are another beast altogether!! Annual passes would be nice but will cost us $1500 more! I’ve considered getting the 5 day pass then upgrading to flex on the last day but then we miss discounts. We are going in July so if we get the flex pass at the start we can only book two days.

I eventually need to price out the cost of one (unblocked) annual pass and three 5-day tickets (that I can potentially upgrade) and see if there might be a benefit.

The Grand Legacy is closer, but it isn't as nice as the Courtyard. Not sure if you are driving or not, but parking is $24 a day at the Courtyard and $17 at the Grand. If you are going to be in the Park for most of the time, I would stay at the Grand Legacy. But, if you have kids and will be doing a lot of pool time, for sure stay at the Courtyard.

I don't know anything about Grand Legacy, but we have 4 little kids and the bunk beds in all CY rooms make it killer for us because everyone gets a bed. It's maybe a 5 minute walk at worst, so I wouldn't change anything based on distance. CY does not have free breakfast, but it does have the water park which my kids like.

Thanks all! I’m also curious if anyone would hesitate booking the non-cancellation room for the CY this far (11 months) in advance? That rate is $40 less right now a night (so $400 in savings for the trip) by Pre-paying. But I’m afraid a better deal will come up later.

It depends on your dates. If it's closer to the Fourth of July holiday weekend, I personally would feel better knowing I locked in $400 in savings. If it's later in the month, I might wait. This year was highly unusual, so the rates were fluctuating dramatically, but I've seen the rates fluctuate in the middle of summer in past years, because so many people book multiple rooms and then start cancelling the reservations they no longer want 1-2 months prior to their trips. But then, I'm also one of those people that checks back constantly to lower the rates on the rooms I'm holding by calling the hotel for the lower advertised rate. For many people, that savings isn't worth the time investment.

We just stayed at Grand Legacy a few weeks ago so I can give some info/opinions on it. If you book there, call and ask which types of rooms are in the back building, furthest from the street and the nightclub. I've read lots of reviews where people complain about the music coming from the nightclub on weekend evenings. If you're in the back building, you won't hear it at all. We had a premium, 2-queen room back there. It was very clean and comfortable and they have free roll-away beds (first come, first served until they run out). I called and requested one the day before we checked in, and it was in the room when we got there. Breakfast is just a grab-and-go bag containing a bottle of water, an apple, a granola bar and crackers with spreadable cheese. We would definitely stay again, as long as our room was in the back.

Thanks all! I’m also curious if anyone would hesitate booking the non-cancellation room for the CY this far (11 months) in advance? That rate is $40 less right now a night (so $400 in savings for the trip) by Pre-paying. But I’m afraid a better deal will come up later.
I wouldn’t book an advance purchase rate 11 mos early. That’s a long time! Things could come up. Not all of them are insurable events.

I would Book now and you’ll be looking locked in to the advanced rate, but I wouldn’t book the non cancellation rate ever. Hotel rates go up and down all the time. We stay at The Anaheim Hotel just across Disneyway from Grand Legacy and its only a block from the entrance. Super close. I rebooked rates 3X since initial booking every time there was a drop. Saved $300 from initial booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter