Courtyard Marriot

disneyvacationmom

<font color=teal>Can I force you to take me with y
Has anyone stayed at the Courtyard Marriot in DD? We are booked into All-Star Movies for Aug but I've just seen the Marriot for $39. a nt when we there. We've always stayed at the All Stars but at $50+ a night less I'm thinking!!! Would we be losing the magic? Are the rooms ok? I'm looking for all opinions. Thanks.

We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott last August, and we're booked again this August. We had a delightful stay there. There are no Mickey soaps, no refillable mug, and no big Disney icons.

The room is bigger than the All Stars, clean if a bit drab. We were in a tower room and were privy to the fireworks over Magic Kingdom nightly.

The pool is not huge, nor is it themed, but there is a hot tub.

The staff is wonderful! I can't say enough about them. Heck, even when I was doing laundry, a maintenance man walked by, said "Hi" and asked how the vacation was going.

Every night, (4-6?), there is a Manager's reception in the lobby. Free popcorn, tortillia chips, and drinks-wine, beer, pop for the kids. The managers serve the drinks.

There is a small stand for grab and go food in the morning, and there is an attached restaurant. The prices are reasonable, and the food at the breakfast buffet was good. Again, service was wonderful. We didn't eat at dinner.

Bus service to the parks was good, although we took our van most times. The walk to Downtown Disney was an easy one. The crosswalk was cool-it counts down the seconds until the light change.

You are close to Crossroads, and Winn Dixie isn't far either (if you have a vehicle). We liked NOT eating onsite all the time, and figured that THAT saved us money, too.

We had a great time, and would (ARE) stay(ing) there again. The money saved is being spent on the new car-the old one died! :teeth: Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter