Courtyard Marriott near Disneyland

tinkerbellybutton

DIS Veteran
Has anyone stayed at the Courtyard Marriott just outside the Disneyland parks? We are going to DL next June and have stayed at the Disneyland Hotel in the past and had planned to stay there again in June. However, my son currently works for Marriott and we are looking at huge savings. Like $1500+ savings if we stay at the Marriott instead of the Disneyland hotel.

Has anyone whose stayed there can tell me how it was? Is it really just a 5 minute walk to the parks like advertised? Do they also offer a shuttle to the parks? Anything else I might need to know before making a decision?

We are staying for 4 nights and will be doing the parks on two days, planning a day trip to San Diego on one of our days there.

Stayed at the Courtyard Theme Park Entrance recently. There is another Courtyard nearby at the convention center, which is older and has different room configs. It's pretty close to the parks, like under 10mins to security - we found it very convenient and easy to pop back to the room whenever we wanted. I'm not aware of a hotel specific shuttle, but I suspect its on that ART. It was such an easy walk, we never considered it. We thought it was very nice (especially for a Harbor Blvd hotel), staff was super friendly and helpful, the rooms are big, pool and water slides are great, and the extra big bathrooms were really great. They do have valet only parking (you can't self park) and it's something like $22/day.

I've stayed there. It is a great hotel. Fairly new and large rooms. I feel like they are "nicer" than the rooms at the Grand Californian. Probably more to my taste (more colorful and modern). It felt like more of a 10 minute walk. At the end of the night it felt a little long, but not too bad. I would definitely stay there again.

If you're used to staying at the Disneyland hotel it is a very similar length walk, except you're walking on a city street instead of through Downtown Disney.

Nicest off site walkable property IMO. While not a full service hotel, they have a lot of amenities that many other properties lack.

5 min is about right for able bodied adults at a good pace in my experience. Shuttle would probably actually take longer with the traffic flow on Harbor.

CYI is one of my favorites...but it is a bit more spendy than most. Being a Marriott points guy myself and a bit of a hotel snob, I am typically either there or the Fairfield Inn right next door if I wanna cheaper room if not on site.

CYI is an excellent choice IMO

Thanks! My son can get rates as low as $49 per night. Disneyland hotel rates are around $577 per night for our dates. We do get military discount on disney hotels as my husband is military, but the price still won’t come close! Looking at over $2000 for 4 nights at Disneyland hotel most likely. Vs. probably a few hundred for Courtyard Marriott.

Thanks! My son can get rates as low as $49 per night. Disneyland hotel rates are around $577 per night for our dates. We do get military discount on disney hotels as my husband is military, but the price still won’t come close! Looking at over $2000 for 4 nights at Disneyland hotel most likely. Vs. probably a few hundred for Courtyard Marriott.

While I am typically a big advocate of staying on site vs off just to save a buck, that is a no brainer!

Put some of that savings into plussing your trip with WOC Dessert Searing, Guided Tours and nice table service reservations..

Book the Courtyard....no question!

Can anyone tell me about the bathroom configuration? Reading the room description it says all rooms have a tub/shower combo as well as an addition standing only shower. Do the rooms have two showers?

Can anyone tell me about the bathroom configuration? Reading the room description it says all rooms have a tub/shower combo as well as an addition standing only shower. Do the rooms have two showers?

Yes. If I recall correctly the dual sink and vanity is in the common area similar to the Grand Californian then one side has a room with toilet and walk in shower then the other side has room with shower/tub.

Yes. If I recall correctly the dual sink and vanity is in the common area similar to the Grand Californian then one side has a room with toilet and walk in shower then the other side has room with shower/tub.

That would be great! We love the bathroom set up in the studios at the Poly and this sounds somewhat similar. We will have 2 adults and 3 teens so two showers is a huge plus!!!!

I stay in Marriott’s about 150 nights a year. The reason I do so much business with them, is Swan and Dolphin and this Courtyard here on Points.(Also JW Marriott Hill Country Resort)

This is the nicest Courtyard coast to coast. Big rooms, bunk beds, the double shower setup in the bathrooms. The theme park view from the rooms. I could watch the fireworks from the room (of course better at the hub). The walk is not bad. There is a cross walk in front of the hotel.

As much as we are an “on-site” family both in WDW and DL, I am pretty sure we will go with this Courtyard for this trip. I just can’t justify paying so much more for the DL hotel. Originally we were wanting to stay at GC this time, but the over $200 more per night over the DL hotel made us reconsider. Now with my son’s Marriott employee discount we just can’t pass up such a great deal. All that saved money can be used for other things. We are also staying in the LA area for 3 nights so that saved money can go pretty far over the course of our vacation. At the very least it can cover most of our food expenses.

We are also Marriott associates and will always book CY if we can find the $49/rate. We've stayed the last two times and my kids love it - we have 4 little kids though, so the bunk beds and room setup are a huge plus. No breakfast (which is a perk to the newer RI at Katella/Harbor) but it is a 5 minute walk for sure. Having trekked to the DL hotel for goofy's kitchen many, many times - it is way closer IMO. No shuttle, and there really wouldn't be any point. It would take longer to board people on the shuttle than the actual trip. My kids also love the water park.

We are mid 30s, and if for some reason we were traveling without kids I would probably choose the RI myself because of the breakfast and it's just more spacious. RI associate rates are generally $69. The Courtyard is great and really fits our needs perfectly while we have kids though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!