Cousin, eat until you sleep! Mom/Dtr. Trip, 2/17-2/24/18.*NEW TR Link* 5/1*

disneyAndi14

DIS Veteran
Hello Everyone,

A new fun in the sun trip report is starting now! Yippee!

My name is Caroline and this is my third trip report! I travel with my sweet and beautiful daughter, Andi to WDW. We have been doing mom and daughter trips for quite a few years now. We have increased our trips because we have AP’s. Our AP’s expire on 5/3/18 so we had to get a winter trip in!

Our travel dates were 2/17-2/24/18. We stayed at BLT in a lake view studio, which was awesome! We unfortunately had to change our plans some because of illness:crazy2::sick:. For those of you, who have followed my PTR, knew we were suppose to leave on 2/14 in the evening and spend three nights at PoP Century. We had plans to do the DAH on 2/15 but I had to cancel these three nights and the DAH. I will not bore you all with the gross details but I got really sick, I haven’t had a stomach virus in over 15 years and of course I got it bad. I was down for the count for over a week!

We were able to cancel the 3 nights without much loss, I did lose a little money with flight changes, however I was surprised it wasn’t more. I had mentioned I was ill and they took this into account and did not charge me the $200. Change fee, just the amount of the cost difference of the flight on 2/17, which was more expensive.

The TA I use was able to get my money back for the PoP stay because it was at the 5 day window, so that was good. Disney was also very understanding and gave me a gift card for the amount of money I spent for the DAH event. I was happy with this because technically the tickets are non refundable. Our trip was cut from 10 nights to 7 nights.:scared:

Okay now you all are caught up on the changes so we will get this report started. This was a wonderful trip, we had a few Dis meets, beautiful weather, delicious food, awesome park days, and we spent some time with friends from our city!

Here is my first picture at the Bubblegum wall and Andi’s 999th pose at the wall.
Caroline
DAB5A9B7-A9B3-4CB8-A665-5FBF554B636F.jpeg
Andi
0C1D7737-9660-4073-B088-A1D199784922.jpeg

Stay tuned for Day 1, travel day, BLT pictures, and an evening in MK!

Hopping over from the last TR. sorry you were so sick but glad you could salvage most of the trip

I'm here, Caroline! Looking forward to it!!

So sorry to hear you got so sick! That's my worst nightmare. :(

Your bubblegum wall shots are cute! I made sure to snap a couple pictures there this time, too.

I'm here!

Ugh, so sorry to hear about you getting sick! And on top of Andi having been sick on the end of your last trip :sad2: I'm glad that you were able to postpone your trip without too many loses, but shortening a trip is never fun. All that said, it sounds like you had a wonderful time once you did get there, and I'm so excited to be onboard for another Caroline & Andi adventure! :goodvibes

Oh nooo, I'm sorry to hear you got sick and had to alter your plans! I'm glad everyone was pretty accomodating and you avoided losing out on too much money.

Love your pic in front of the bubblegum wall! :thumbsup2

Am I FIRST??? Can't wait to read more!
Yay! First in line, Welcome and thanks so much for joining in!

Following along! I'm glad everyone worked with you so well!
Thank you, hope you are enjoying your trip! I was happy with how nice everyone was to work with since it was short notice!
Joining in. Love your trip reports.
Yay! Welcome, so happy to have you joining in!

I'm here.
Yay! I’m following along on yours as well! Thanks for joining in!

Hopping over from the last TR. sorry you were so sick but glad you could salvage most of the trip
Yay! Welcome, I can’t believe how sick I got, I had to go to the ER and get IV fluids, yuck! I am so thankful Andi didn’t get it!

I'm in, love your trip reports! Glad to hear you're doing better.

Yay! Welcome, Thank you for reading and commenting, I love it! I am much better and made up my few pound weight loss at Disney of course!

enjoyed the other trip so much decided to jump in here for an early start with the new report
Yay! Welcome, thank you for reading and commenting!

Welcome and so happy to have you joining in!

Joining in!! :)
Welcome, so nice to have you here yay!!

Following along! :wave:
Hi Raeven so glad to have you following along, Welcome!!

I'm here :-) Thanks for the link!
Yay! Welcome

Bummer about your stomach bug! Glad you were able to rearrange your plans without too much damage!
It was a big old bummer, I am thankful it was well over a week before we traveled or I wouldn’t have made it on the trip! Is never fun canceling Disney plans!

I'm here, Caroline! Looking forward to it!!

So sorry to hear you got so sick! That's my worst nightmare. :(

Your bubblegum wall shots are cute! I made sure to snap a couple pictures there this time, too.
Hi Meghan and Welcome! I hear you about getting sick around travel time, one of my worst nightmares! I was so glad I was feeling much better by our travel day! I had to get a wall picture, I still don’t have a purple wall one, Andi has a ton!

I'm here!

Ugh, so sorry to hear about you getting sick! And on top of Andi having been sick on the end of your last trip :sad2: I'm glad that you were able to postpone your trip without too many loses, but shortening a trip is never fun. All that said, it sounds like you had a wonderful time once you did get there, and I'm so excited to be onboard for another Caroline & Andi adventure! :goodvibes
Hi Tracy, Welcome! Thank you for reading and commenting, I love it! Being sick ugh! This trip was so wonderful on many levels, one being I felt good when we got there and the weather was so welcoming, since our winter has been so cold and snowy!

Being sick on vacation STINKS! Following along!
Hi, Welcome, Thank you for following along! You sure are right being sick is no fun especially when it coincides with a WDW vacation, ugh!

Oh nooo, I'm sorry to hear you got sick and had to alter your plans! I'm glad everyone was pretty accomodating and you avoided losing out on too much money.

Love your pic in front of the bubblegum wall! :thumbsup2
Yay, glad to have you here! I was so pleased with getting some money back, I thought I may lose around $500.00 and I only lost about $100.00, so much better.

Joining along!
Yay! Welcome, I love all your dining reports! Glad to have you here.

I'll be back to catch up but wanted to say I'm here :yay:
Hi Ariane, Welcome, Thank you for joining in.
"......................................."....................................................

Hi Everyone,
I will be back this evening to get started with Day I. I just wanted to mention a funny coincidence. Andi is fuming, lol! While we were on our trip, Andi was mentioning how much Disney could benefit from a purple wall magic band, she said so many girls her age would buy them in a heart beat! Now we are home and yesterday she shows me an article form Disney, they are starting to sell Meet me at the purple wall magic bands!

I joked with her and told her Disney big wigs must have been listening to her and ran with her idea:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!