Cozumel taxi//need a carseat

calliest

Asante Sana, squash banana
hi!

So we have the Oceanviewer Explorer semi-submarine excursion in Cozumel that includes a taxi ride. I have a 2.5 year old, and I am wondering if DCL hires these taxis, like a car service and perhaps I could request one with a car seat or...is it like a local yellow cab thing and I need to figure out how to bring my own??

Anyone have any experience with a situation like this/have any advice or suggestions?

thanks! we are heading out on a MDAS in a couple of weeks. :)

The taxis won't have car seats. If you bring a car seat, you may face difficulty installing as not all cabs have back seat seatbelts, and when you get to the excursion there may not be a place to stow the seat if you bring it.

We have rode in at least a 1/2 dozen taxis in Cozumel and none of them had seat belts. They also have very narrow roads and most drive very fast.

Having lived in Mexico (admittedly quite a while ago) I would never put my kid in a car there without a car seat/seatbelt. It is the only place I have lived where I was involved in accidents while riding in taxis, buses, combis (minivans commonly used for public transport) and even once a ferry boat. The bus and boat accidents were in Cancun and the others in southern Mexico.

Everyone on here said we would never find a taxi with seatbelts in the islands either - but we did. We had to pass on one taxi once but it was not hard to find another with seatbelts.

We have a travel car seat - there are multiple options that can work depending on your child’s age and size and most fold up to a size that can easily fit in a backpack.

Having lived in Mexico (admittedly quite a while ago) I would never put my kid in a car there without a car seat/seatbelt. It is the only place I have lived where I was involved in accidents while riding in taxis, buses, combis (minivans commonly used for public transport) and even once a ferry boat. The bus and boat accidents were in Cancun and the others in southern Mexico.

Everyone on here said we would never find a taxi with seatbelts in the islands either - but we did. We had to pass on one taxi once but it was not hard to find another with seatbelts.

We have a travel car seat - there are multiple options that can work depending on your child’s age and size and most fold up to a size that can easily fit in a backpack.

I agree with all of this. I have been in a taxi in Cozumel 4 times and they have all had seat belts. If the first one offered to you doesn't, it shouldn't take very long to locate one that does. Take along a travel seat/vest and strap your child in. They do not drive cautiously there.

We hired a driver for the day from Tours Plaza (www.toursplaza.com). Our driver was excellent and the car had seatbelts. We did not need a car seat, but you could note that you are bringing one in your reservation. They also claim to have a few seats to rent (but I wouldn't, personally).

Thank you for this reply . I'd contacted my TA about this issue. She contacted DCL. They assured her the taxi company that they use for guests who booked my exurcusion definitely has seat belts. I will let you know, we sail away on Feb 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter