Cozumel - what to see and do

Chankanaab is lovely. There is a botanical garden and some replicas of ruins to walk around and look at. But with a view that Chankanaab offers, sitting on the beach isn't all that bad either. They have a very nice snorkel lagoon and a swimming pool as well.

Great photo! TFS! I can't wait until we get to visit Chankanaab in December. :goodvibes

WOW I didnt even think about how Chanauuab was on the ocean. That works for me. Thanks alot. the pic ws also great. :thumbsup2

We are all going to go to Chankanaab. DH and one DD are going to do the Dolphin Discovery in the afternoon and the other DD and I are going to go horseback riding. With the back and forth with taxis, would it make sense to get a rental car? If you have done the rental car thing, do you have any recommendations/suggestions? Thanks.

I would recommend taking the cab (cheap and no hassle) and just plan on spending the day at Chankanaab. As others have mentioned, there are other things to do there. It is a nice place - you will have a nice relaxing day in addition to your other activities!:thumbsup2

We've narrowed our choices down to 2 possible Cozumel excursions and I am looking for feedback. We are a family of 3 - DH and I mid-30s and DS 6yo. We are more interested in culture than beaches on this trip but want something that will also interest DS.

1) Cozumel Ruins and Beach Tour - trip to San Gervasio ruins and then on to Playa Mia beach. Description on Disney site is very brief, no idea if ruin offers guided tour? Anyone ever done this one and can provide feedback?

2) Cozumel Highlights and Mayan Ruins - better description on DCL site - guided 90 min tour of ruins, then on (via bus) to sightseeing point 'El Mirador' and some more historic spots. Finish off with a market to buy souvenirs. So, no beach on this one. Again, any experiences would be really appreciated.

Has anyone did Mr. Sancho's on your own? I've heard good things but wanted some feed back from you all. If so was it fun?

Thanks

Paradise vs Nachi Cocom vs Playa Mia.... whose done all three? or any of them. Our DD is 5, so I would love a pool for her. Any thoughts?

there are too many choices..we want to snorkel and then hit a nice bar/restaurant that is on the beach. trying to decide also with Rosi the three stop snorkel tour.

We've never been there so it will be our 1st time.
Our kids will be 10, 7 and 2-1/2 so were trying to decide what beach would be best for us and/or if we could do some type of excursion with the older 2 while leaving the youngest on the ship??? Any help's appreciated!

Has anyone ever done an excursion through Cozumel-Tours.com? We really want to do a jeep excursion and it looks like we won't be able to do the DCL one since they have an age limit of 10 and over.:confused3 Our kids would be able to do the one through Cozumel-Tours and they look like a reputable organization.

I'm looking for information on the lighthouse tour at Punta Sur. (My son collects lighthouses) Has anyone done that excursion?

We just got back yesterday, did the San Gervaiso ruins and Playa Mia. The chocolate tour is at Playa Mia. I actually enjoyed the excursion. We represented 65ish year old parents, we are 49, and Our 5 and 6 year old girls. I think the ruins were nice because you felt like you gave your kids a little culture on a visit to another country. While hot as heck, they got to see and taste chocolate being made. Then you were right there with a pool and beach with the fun beach activities you want to do. Just the right a mount of time. We asked for uncrustables at breakfast and we did not have to buy any food. The tour gave you mini cokes and water. We got room service right when we got back. It was a great day.

Has anyone been to Mr Sancho's Beach Club in Cozumel Mexico using their All-Inclusive Day Pass?

If so:
Is it clean?
Is the beach nice? Suitable for two beach fanatic kids to play in the sand and water?
Is the food mainly Mexican fare? How is it?
Are both juice and alcoholic drinks included?
How much was the cab each way and how do you get a cab each way?

It will be me and two children, age 8 and 9.

Thank you in advance for any and all answers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter