Craft beer drinkers unite

Do you know if Goose Island beers are on DCL? That was my question. Thanks for the lecture, though! :thumbsup2

MUN
BCBS is a tremendous beer regardless of it being craft or not... That being said, I do not remember seeing GI stuff on board..

I am curious to hear which beers were available on the Alaskan cruises. I assume that they did not have Cigar City stuff once they leave Port Canaveral. I will be stocking up at the liquor stores in port too...any intel on what types of beer people have been finding in Skagway and Juneau?

I am curious to hear which beers were available on the Alaskan cruises. I assume that they did not have Cigar City stuff once they leave Port Canaveral. I will be stocking up at the liquor stores in port too...any intel on what types of beer people have been finding in Skagway and Juneau?

I didn't look for beer in Skagway, but did go to Skagway Brewing at 8th and Broadway. Good food and pretty darned good beer.

In Juneau you'll find Alaskan Brewing beers everywhere, of course, but Percy's Liquor Store has a good selection of all sorts of craft beer, especially given how small the place is.

Phinz, you seem to be a pretty big beer geek like me...so you will appreciate that I already have my suitcase packed with my beer for the trip that we leave for next week. I have four 750 ml bottles packed for my buddy and me to drink. I assume that that cruise staff will just think they are wine bottles and let them pass through the inspection when we check in. I have a Black Tuesday, a Melange 3 and Fruet (all Bruery beers) and a bottle of Alesmith BA Numbskull. Others in our crew are bringing on a bunch of six-packs of local IPAs for day drinking and we will do the big BA beers at night after dinner. Cheers!

I have a BA Wee Heavy (also Alesmith) in the cooler right now, and an almost complete Days of Christmas Bruery vertical in the cellar. Love both of those breweries. BT, M3 and Fruet are all great beers. Fruet knocks me on my keister.

I tend to pack Ten Fidy as my sixer. One of the highest grav canned beers available, and it only takes one before I want something a little less macho. :D

Rum barrel BT is one of the best beers I've ever had
Phinz, you seem to be a pretty big beer geek like me...so you will appreciate that I already have my suitcase packed with my beer for the trip that we leave for next week. I have four 750 ml bottles packed for my buddy and me to drink. I assume that that cruise staff will just think they are wine bottles and let them pass through the inspection when we check in. I have a Black Tuesday, a Melange 3 and Fruet (all Bruery beers) and a bottle of Alesmith BA Numbskull. Others in our crew are bringing on a bunch of six-packs of local IPAs for day drinking and we will do the big BA beers at night after dinner. Cheers!
s

I stepped off the Fantasy almost one week ago and am sorry to report I didn't do a great job seeking out craft beer. Pretty much everything in this thread is correct from what I saw on deck. Pretty weak offerings so I switched to Rum for the week.

Pics I grabbed from the poolside beer tubs.

http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/JP350Z/media/GOPR1002_zpsunftlnnl.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/JP350Z/media/GOPR0863_zpsqk5hzi0r.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5

http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/JP350Z/media/GOPR0864_zpswwrg2px2.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4

http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/JP350Z/media/GOPR1003_zpsa3vkaq8f.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Other tips for future cruises:

Strongly consider carrying on craft beer cans as bottles are easy to break inside your carry on. We boarded with a PAT of 10:30 so my 6 cans of Oscar Blues Old Chub weight a lot less than 6 bottles would for 3 hours waiting for our room to be ready. Plus it has a pretty high ABV and I like toasty malt Scottish Ales.

As far as ports go at Grand Cayman I found a nice spot called Calico Jacks than had buckets of 5 local beers for $20 US. Caybrew is weak but they had one called White Tip Lager that was much more flavorful and a portion of profits go to reef conservation.

http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/JP350Z/media/GOPR0923_zps7a0xqlhn.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

Cheers.

If you get off the ship in Nassau, there's a craft brewery nearby. Pirate Republic Brewing.
My dad wants to go here when we're in Nassau. Is it easy walking distance? We've never been to Nassau, and on the map it looks super close, but being unfamiliar with the port, I don't know how far the walk will feel to my dad, who is older and kinda slow...

Has anyone on this thread done the tour? Tripadvisor folks have enjoyed it, but there is no info given on the web-site, that I can see anyway.

My dad wants to go here when we're in Nassau. Is it easy walking distance? We've never been to Nassau, and on the map it looks super close, but being unfamiliar with the port, I don't know how far the walk will feel to my dad, who is older and kinda slow...

Has anyone on this thread done the tour? Tripadvisor folks have enjoyed it, but there is no info given on the web-site, that I can see anyway.
That's going to be my Nassau excursion in a month :-) It does look easy to get to.

I like Ten Fidy and all, but I think I would have to resort to a 6 pack of these and pray they don't look at the ABV...one of these and I'm good for the night.

https://www.averybrewing.com/beers/rumpkin

That was how I was after an evening of drinking lighter craft beers. I opened a bottle of Dogfish Head's World Wide Stout (they don't list the ABV, so I figured what the heck) and started in on it. My friend messaged me when he saw my Untappd post and said, "You're done for the night."

I don't think I drank anything else after that, but the rest of the evening is a bit fuzzy. :D

That said, if you really wanted to push the boundaries, pack a sixer of Armageddon. It might cost a lot, but...

Brewmeister-Armageddon.jpg

Yes, Pirate Republic is a short and easy walk from the ship. It's to the right on the 1st street once you get out of the dock. Maybe a 5 minute walk the ship.

That was how I was after an evening of drinking lighter craft beers. I opened a bottle of Dogfish Head's World Wide Stout (they don't list the ABV, so I figured what the heck) and started in on it. My friend messaged me when he saw my Untappd post and said, "You're done for the night."

I don't think I drank anything else after that, but the rest of the evening is a bit fuzzy. :D

That said, if you really wanted to push the boundaries, pack a sixer of Armageddon. It might cost a lot, but...

View attachment 185057

DFH WW Stout generally clocks in at 18%. Same with their 120 Minute IPA, which takes me about 2-3 hours to drink 12 oz.

I loved the Alaskan Amber on the Alaskan cruise and drank it a lot (whenever I wasn't drinking hot cocoa because I was freezing!), but they had no Samuel Adams, which is available on the Florida cruises. I guess Samuel Adams is just not that big on the west coast.

DFH WW Stout generally clocks in at 18%. Same with their 120 Minute IPA, which takes me about 2-3 hours to drink 12 oz.

I'm aware of this but wasn't 5 years ago. My friend's actual quote was: "That one's 18%. Yep, you're done for the evening."

I have several bottles of 120 Minute stashed, as well as other high gravs, like a 5-iteration vertical of Utopias, a few Tactical Nuclear Penguins and a Sink the Bismarck. :D

If you get the beer mug package, do people walk around ship carrying those or do most use the token?

I tend to grab the token while onboard and then bring the mug home. I take the mug back with me on the next trip, although I do have an extra token lying around here somewhere.

I tend to grab the token while onboard and then bring the mug home. I take the mug back with me on the next trip, although I do have an extra token lying around here somewhere.
I get the token on board too. I brought the mug home and am debating if I want to lug it back to my next cruise or just get another one ...decisions decisions...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!