Cranberry Sauce

All eat any cranberry as well. Yet since I’m not a gravy person, I prefer to make my own whole cranberry sauce with freshly squeezed orange juice, orange zest, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.

Thanks for posting, just reminded me that I need to go buy an orange to grate the peel in my cranberry sauce and I thought I had everything for Thursday. I prefer homemade, but I'm also the only one in my house that likes cranberry sauce so I just make it for me. I love watching the cranberries pop in the pan while it's on the burner, small things...

We usually have a can or two in the cabinet but I make homemade at Thanksgiving.

Mine is just cranberrries, sugar, orange zest and juice from the orange. Will add water if it’s too thick.

But I do love the canned too. We have it with any meal that includes roasted or baked chicken as well as turkey.

So, I'm looking through cranberry sauce recipes, and I've seen quite a few tweaks to the basic recipe that call for cutting back on the OJ to 3/4 cup and adding Grand Marnier at the end. Mmmm...checking to see if we still have some or if I need to buy more...

Nope can't do the homemade cranberry sauce. Tried a few times with different people making it. Nope. Nothing compares to good old canned Ocean Spray.

I agree with you, but will add my grandmother had a homemade cranberry sauce we all just called "purple stuff" it was delicious

This is the ONLY acceptable cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving dinner. Jellied with lines or ridges. Ocean Spray is fine, but I prefer store brand.

I'm having some right now. :lovestruc Walmart brand. I bought a rotisserie chicken and remembered I have a can of jellied cranberry sauce. Having it plain tonight, like it's a tart, more adult version of Jello.

Tomorrow I will mix it with about an equal amount of mayo to spread on a chicken sandwich.

Will have to buy another can for Thanksgiving. But, it should be on sale this week. :thumbsup2

I'll eat the canned when it's just me, but for holiday dinners I always make homemade. It is so easy and takes maybe 15 minutes.

Not really a fan of either. Somebody usually makes homemade cranberry sauce, but nobody really eats it anyways. I always have a can on hand in case somebody wants it and nobody brings homemade, but we're more of a gravy family, so we slather that on everything. :)

I open two cans of canned jellied cranberry sauce, pour into a cut glass bowl and lightly chop it up in the bowl with a spoon. Place on table to serve.

Looks fancy, tastes like the cranberry sauce of childhood memories. Some of the family spent last Thanksgiving visiting in-laws and had a lovely formal dinner with homemade cranberry relish. One of my sweet little grand babies told the whole table that he didn’t want any more cranberry sauce, he liked mine better. Mine was so much better and fancy too. I laughed and laughed. One day I will tell him the truth, but for now, let him think I’m “fancy”.

No canned stuff for us. It only takes a minute to make the simple jelled sauce with fresh berries. Refrigerate overnight and yummy the next day. I've used the canned whole berry for salads, but that's it.

Gravy is also a must, but one does not negate the other. We eat lots of both.

No canned stuff for us. It only takes a minute to make the simple jelled sauce with fresh berries. Refrigerate overnight and yummy the next day. I've used the canned whole berry for salads, but that's it.

Gravy is also a must, but one does not negate the other. We eat lots of both.

That was my thought on the gravy too! Always have both! Nothing better than turkey and dressing with gravy over both and then some cranberry sauce on top or to the side! Canned or homemade cranberry sauce and always homemade gravy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter