Cranberry Sauce

I open two cans of canned jellied cranberry sauce, pour into a cut glass bowl and lightly chop it up in the bowl with a spoon. Place on table to serve.

Looks fancy, tastes like the cranberry sauce of childhood memories. Some of the family spent last Thanksgiving visiting in-laws and had a lovely formal dinner with homemade cranberry relish. One of my sweet little grand babies told the whole table that he didn’t want any more cranberry sauce, he liked mine better. Mine was so much better and fancy too. I laughed and laughed. One day I will tell him the truth, but for now, let him think I’m “fancy”.

Lol. The cranberry sauce of my childhood memories was always a can in the fridge getting cold and used the next day for leftovers because Mom always forgot to take it out at dinner. But we had it in the cut glass bowl too with our leftovers. It was green and oblong. Haven’t seen that dish in years!

Even now, whenever my family gathers you hear everyone yell like an echo through the house “don’t forget the cranberry sauce!”

Lol. The cranberry sauce of my childhood memories was always a can in the fridge getting cold and used the next day for leftovers because Mom always forgot to take it out at dinner. But we had it in the cut glass bowl too with our leftovers. It was green and oblong. Haven’t seen that dish in years!

Even now, whenever my family gathers you hear everyone yell like an echo through the house “don’t forget the cranberry sauce!”

When I first read this I thought you were saying the cranberry sauce was green and oblong . . .:rotfl2:

We have homemade cherry/cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving and there is never a bite left. We do have a can or two as backup in case we need it for leftovers.

Yuck. I can't abide the taste of the canned anymore. It tastes like the can and disappointment.

I make my own with sugar, cranberry and orange juice, fresh cranberries, and orange zest. I buy enough cranberries to portion out to make all year.

If I'm feeling like a smart-a**, I'll mold some in an empty can.

Nobody here really eats it so haven't made it in years. I don't normally eat it either but I've had it with turkey dinners elsewhere and liked it ok. So this year I've decided that instead of getting a whole bag or can of cranberries just for me, I'm going to use my lingonberry jam from Ikea that I already have in the fridge to dip my turkey in, since cranberries and lingonberries taste very similar.

I love cranberries just about every way. I was watching a show on the food network and many of the chefs admitted they like canned the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter