Crazy amount of ads taking up half my screen

I just tried it in Chrome, and it works. I didn't even need to restart. I just refreshed the page. Make sure you use the full URL (https://www.disboards.com) and you add it to the Block list.

Note that blocking JavaScript on a site can make other things on that site not work. I am generally OK with how disboards works, though. However, if this is not a good solution for a site, then you can look into general Ad blockers available for each browser. I am not that familiar with them, so I cannot recommend anything.

Ahh haaa! I didn't use the full url...once I did, the lower ad popup is gone! Yes, there are other things different...I'll have to see what's more annoying. Thank you!

This site is turning into trash with all of the new pop-up and scrolling pop-through ads littering the page. Yes, I am running ad-blockers on my iPad but these are still getting through. Whose bone-headed idea was it to do this?

This site is turning into trash with all of the new pop-up and scrolling pop-through ads littering the page. Yes, I am running ad-blockers on my iPad but these are still getting through. Whose bone-headed idea was it to do this?
Totally agree! All this crap started a few weeks ago....gotta wonder what changed. Disabling Java so far has cleared things up for me on my laptop.

Trying to read the Disboards has become such a real pain. With the ads making the page go up and down and the ads on the bottom you have to click down on every page. :guilty:

I use my IPad and my Iphone to read the disboards and really getting sick of it.

For myself, it's not so much the space the ads take on the page, but rather the amount of scripting running in the background and the CPU resources that bogs down my PC. This has been true for the past couple of years to be honest. It makes the site rather painful to use at times. I don't mind the site operators needing to pay the bills, but when your ad space makes the site hard to use, then something's not right.

I don’t believe in rewarding bad behavior, so, if any admins watch this thread (which I doubt because they have been silent about this issue), I will no longer visit this site until this problem is fixed. Congrats, one less pair of eyeballs on those ads, your income just went down instead of up.

I don’t believe in rewarding bad behavior, so, if any admins watch this thread (which I doubt because they have been silent about this issue), I will no longer visit this site until this problem is fixed. Congrats, one less pair of eyeballs on those ads, your income just went down instead of up.
Can't argue with you at all. Something has definitely changed in the last month..shame shame shame.

Just started getting those 'you won such and such contest, click here' crap from months ago. Ugh!

I'm a winner too. Disboards was unusable on the tablet last night. I'd read one post and then it would bring me to an ad website and it would keep on doing that.

I'm a winner too. Disboards was unusable on the tablet last night. I'd read one post and then it would bring me to an ad website and it would keep on doing that.
I have to say that the answer, at least for my laptop, was to disable Java. It's a little different reading experience but ALL the popups and crap are gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter