CRAZY DIS ASIANS! A Sept 2018 TR...COMPLETED 6/1 The last day!!

Regatta Run
Do you watch Friends? I can't hear "regatta" without thinking of Rachel's "Regatta Gala" :rotfl:

OK Minnie totally blocked me in this shot. I had to photobomb the picture. 😆
She totally did! :rotfl2:

I had the pleasure of meeting Katie @Woth2982
You are the queen of chance encounters! :thumbsup2

Anyways, it's a WRAP!!!
(no, I got a sandwich but this TR is a wrap!)
:laughing: Yum! EoS is such a fave of mine. My problem though is that I rarely get over to DS!

Thanks for sharing another great TR with us!!!

Great last Disney day! I have always enjoyed breakfast at Cape May Cafe. The food has always been good and the character interaction has been great!

My sister's first helping had all the 4 relevant food groups: Potatoes, pasta, cheese, and bread.
I like the way Chunkysis thinks :thumbsup2

Right now our trip ends with two days at Kennedy Space Center after our cruise, but I don't think everyone will want to do two days. So it crossed my mind to get two rental cars and maybe those who didn't could even head back to Orlando for DS or outlet shopping... then yesterday it crossed my mind that we could maybe do a DS or resort dinner before heading to MCO for our 9pm flight home! So I was looking and 1900 Park Fare came up as having an ADR around 4pm. We've never been, and I thought that could be a fun last meal with everyone. And then I tried to book it and it said it was gone :( So this morning I got up and read your last two updates which made me even more certain I want to try and make this happen... and got on and got an ADR!

We enjoyed a great view of Illuminations from our seats. I'm glad I didn't have to stand. For some reason this is usually the show I watch on our last night. It really brings back all the memories. I'm sad it's ending. I did get to see it once during our Epic trip, also on our last night. I made sure we got FP for the viewing spot because it's probably the last time I am going to see it. :sad:
We are going every chance we can! On our April trip we watched twice. We've got two days we can see shows before the cruise this month and it'll probably be HEA and Illuminations. IF we could get into dinner at Homecomin' earlier the night before the cruise, I may make the suggestion of going to the Poly beach to see HEA... Hmm... :scratchin And right now I've got a room booked for Labor Day weekend, which I thought would be before GE...
And of course...ME had arrived...and left, and we were NOT on it. LOL. I guess we thought that we could Uber it to the airport, but Steve asked the front desk and they told us to just take the next bus. I honestly didn't even know that was an option, but if space allows it you can. I don't recommend just skipping your ME time in favor of getting a later bus just thinking you can get it because when we left from AKL a few weeks ago we also missed our ME bus and the CM at the front desk said that the next bus departing was VERY full so we were lucky to get on it.
Oh no! At least she brought you very important supplies ::yes:: I didn't know that taking the next bus could be a possibility. I will admit that makes me feel a bit better as any time we take DME it's always for some ridiculous early flight home, and the pick up is like 2:30am which is way more time than we ever need at the airport. I'm always paranoid we will oversleep! That actually happened to my cousin and his wife on our wedding trip. They were supposed to take an early flight home the day after the wedding and they overslept so they had to switch to an evening flight.

Characters and some pool time, while its not the park its a pretty good way to end a trip! I know not everyone feels that way, but sometimes its nice to not be running crazy to parks. We stopped doing parks on our departure day and found it to be a great way to end a trip! (Don't mind this comment when it comes time for m august trip :rotfl2: )

A Stormalong day is always wonderful!

IT is!!

The AKL ones are pretty basic.
Yup compared to the Yacht/Beach Club ones! I am thinking that I should always end my trip at Epcot if I have a nighttime flight so then I can just shower here. I've done it before!

Thanks for another awesome report! I love your dress from Cape May breakfast.....where did you find it?

Thank you for reading! My dress is from Torrid. They do plus-sizes mostly but for certain things I can wear the smallest size there and it fits. My sister is like a big shopper there so she always gets codes and coupons so when I find something I like she orders it for me for cheaper!

:lmao: So supportive! Really cheering him on!
I know, I should get extra credit for that.
:rotfl:
If there's something in it for you...
well, yeah, obviously.
Okay... I noticed... I'm sorry, but what am I missing here?
She really LOVES jam. Part of her Crazy stats.
Shoulda shoved her out of the way! :laughing:
I should!
I love the technical details in your reports.
floaty styrofoam-like things are surely an actual term, right?
Don't you think this is something you should find out? Hmmmmmm?????
Haha I guess so!
Huh! Neither did I. I note your warning, though.
Yeah I would hate for anyone to miss their ME because of me! I should put a disclaimer.
:) Good reason! I've yet to eat there... and I wanna! Maybe this fall?
Good idea! What are your dates again?

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us!!
Thank you for reading!!!
Fun wrap-up. I’d like to try the Regatta Run when I go in October but for me it would be the Regatta Walk. I’m assuming there’s no time limit?

I don't think so...at least I hope not as I'd be dragging myself in that heat!
A day at Stormalong Bay sounds delightful. I’m thinking about renting one of the new cabanas for a half day. I’m not wild about where they put them - by the zero entry sand area for kids - but there really wasn’t a lot of open space to choose from. The showers are a great addition and so helpful on check-out day.
I saw the loungers! They look so nice! If you're ever on Castaway Cay on the Disney cruises, they have these awesome cabanas...but the adult ones go so quickly because there are only like 4 of them and so all the Platinum members scoop them up first. There are some on the family beach too so probably not as quiet but equally as nice and popular.

Oh dear on Chunkysis’ bus being so slow. I would have been freaking out about missing the flight!
It's a good thing then that ME regularly picks you up at some crazy early hour so there was little risk of missing our flight even when we missed our first ME!

What a nice relaxing day to end your trip on. It's always nice to have one of those. Love your pic with Goofy at Cape May, so cute!
Thank you!! It was a nice relaxing day!

Enjoyed your Crazy Dis Asians report, I finally watched the movie about a month ago and really liked it!

We have maybe on purpose missed our DME several times and have always been able to get on the next one, I don’t condone my actions!:rotfl:

Say hi to CS and Steve!!

Finally got back over to read the rest of the TR, and loved it as always! (And I maaaay have bookmarked the information page for that FoTLK package...:rolleyes1.)

Thanks for taking the time to share with us all!

we decided a day at Stormalong Bay would be the best option.

It's never a BAD option to have some pool time.

I also remember really enjoying this overnight oats/muesli in these cute jars with fruit:

dOtLqZrheiYYvGc9Oh8IfaHRTsF8T0aMez5bPadfwGvMI7nDjhDH1A4WtpYnIa2bah4C4gdzF0mrSmjY6PwDg2RQXafn5TfVtw6BceA9qRu4mwH8UxADA0vBiIXwF6JlMijreIl_KemQVai-U5KWtPsajK_HX0t9Ubx_Om8PJjkfiJZU2Kq78tlCoM8yRAy8kCkyAcaIpuem6L1OJSI9kEF3uDWuB_PyT5VksSacbTDBMyCf9FySanyrKIWcgZF8sGOq7auwzgat0SaPU2QR5e54L-fk0E30-KNng3K29UFPoONP2sV7FV5nB5j08ycRKRiKnspkd_-vmPCtoXYiiQbkzO3_cD5L8B9BxHNj9wKoXYDZf92WlK1D52i0EbCspveDG7YHLJH1vV8kpa2_43OgGZxwJoiyFBEdo0GCHVLgSJMG9wt9I-xdbNuqUwjBQ2YU5eWe30ODf3DIRi7lLUwJ_ApmEk8Ii8L307szCfhzEkrJV9pyw9KjqD1phEV9rkx2Ztw1OXV9OPtkUE0-QYE4z0zoYgF-8wCG3wT47Unx1AVXi9h8QeEFfWD_E-uceJ-uA-ZKNSW9UAQjE2TcWSg9TfU3D3fcba-9kaqo3bnRK-wfCtuhXCnAF0ncrAbDQdSXNaTA8PHbZkAb0W_PhYSaE7l-JTAO=w563-h750-no
That actually looks really nice. I'd totally get one of those!

it was early enough that we got good chairs and spent the better part of the late morning early afternoon lounging around

Ahhhh, love this.

We realized that CS was not back yet from DS. We kept texting her and she said she was in a very slow bus. Like the bus was moving at such a snails pace that the bust that left after hers from Disney Springs had PASSED the bus that she was on.

That is so bizarre! Newbie driver? Lost? Bus acting up? Weird!

She would have totally made it way before our scheduled ME time but it took her like an hour to get back.

Dang, that is no bueno!

Yum yum.

Anyways, it's a WRAP!!!
(no, I got a sandwich but this TR is a wrap!)

LOL!! Thanks for a fun TR, Su-Lynn. See you on the others....

OK so something I FORGOT to mention somewhere in my TR, probably on day 6 or 7, was that Steve ran the Regatta Run - which is the Yacht/Beach Club resort run. I forgot about this because CS and I slept through all of it. I'm pretty sure it was like Day 6 because I think the run happens on a Thursday and that was Day 6 of our trip.
I had no idea this was even a thing. Jason would love that and I would love sleeping in in an oblivion to what he was doing

I think if he does the POFQ one I may get up for that because he gets Beignets as his "prize" and of course I'm going to partake in that!
Do they do this at all the resorts now?

Of course my sister wanted to do this since there are characters.
Only chunky sis would find a way to get more character time without a park ticket!

This dish is some sort of eggs over what I remember to be either crispy onions or potatoes with a hot sauce drizzle on top. Whatever it was, I remember really liking it!!

pKOZBFxrhUeNY_ysDA21AsymcqaeDf8gpgO9naPIGGuJBiI-7vWVGybDk5xZVHOLSbqqKnbhYF_KurH-mnuyEYmhMgRgpwB9yxAZVO_imB2MqtO4Kapf-m-cA83_4h1VaYUknLqfUUz5VaeWmpLW81RpG-Y0U28gwsiTn-FvRhhSoDDT0wQUEI82YhzUcyhBe4iG29A1MbLrF9lV1pFYz4E91__5SLCLwiE__uU-nw3FXLwg5lMW5smYRmpdu4oNSLY9wMZXDml-nyKCwdUMO2GFkBru8tgkaQf_mdZnP-b-jSC1dbwosqWZ8Q5MKTICsB6nKIBTAVg9TGSXucgVkjMvcocZnUPsAjTS38ZAqcLHMVcVEr7xkcI4CiTai6N4Z9YWUCBJaOYPb40xB_7_epPyPfuly0cUml3Urzfwt0MSJ2wA1CplycAjdWE69Q0u92ums3lU6kcj8DhbrV9oXWzbXOjGWHYJMBilayjEWSp1oh2nXWcnq4ywS5slVcGrovZw0gEZJRTJay3vx6LerbQDoNYdrRZM4B9R0GYOnTHDcVFZ8jfZZfiMjrknDYKWcw4tNzNKSXZZGZGC2mGx1EHD_dgKDk7UOfojWdFOs2kUbkoQS1xeIqqNk9_dfRXccznepJdXqmX35yVVB6I6_Eijqg4AO8_m=w563-h750-no
What ever it is I think I would really like it too. Looks delicious!

Here's CS and her plate of food. Also a very white plate.

And notice the JAM!

uAiYFcJqJZQ5g18Jo8rY_kGgrI3u0t7OpmCBvImtZbgXfUipFxOHhOSGZuD-jUO0GlrnB0fsdsR5mSnr7eBLBVYzXgK_c4UEwmZOe23Qw_Ys3np8mQXEMyxP41MBTVb1wdZ-SBlX_h_Tt2KQcrAiCdTaytsgKN_GONu2ZWU9xF4abBMfhVpxLqpPvDS82334VscjukumevcfkVm0I0HVVk_nznnKGLrdXwuEz2T49HBDsb3ArcWnw3vFCds5m3ej0iGTc_1OyIDFS2SLK3uEJMxrowg1enS9dzbkzDcI0CgClpFpkZL-zS8yYs__r6rZ0k-dk8If4O0_PljCCnaHkh3lN7khDGCmei2NgzlEvDRuf9dFVvORDoVWgCZYhLQGOhzzvItk1GVPBPR3No9N3kLuXaFKaLBFYvogeKYi6p-s7yoOJLveFiRoVhzDefPOqdLSRYyGYGn3dq45LtqIIdIi4Ds66rCTP_eaDlRiONDmV0U1SZTPW1U1-qKjKz65IjIlLKkeAHXE44BaNbq142rpWrcFl2IqecJsYXG44StMjQD8P6WEtGFsFraZoXUUkw3wsviO5d-O1U6_KHuLYNUhPz1aQd3IprL8WrZahMAktNmCyq_c2lgEbM2QwsMsA3YrwyIZCBcWPTrzcWqZ_No94X6PNOfG=w563-h750-no
At lease she added some color to the equation this time :earboy2:

OK Minnie totally blocked me in this shot. I had to photobomb the picture. 😆

jPmq0xpoq6Eu0EZnw2z0NZabi8KNROIu-tdSpyv6e5Qisn4-s9AawzNEAEmI_fI1YOHDfL801e5EpXS6AlvjA3iCW3dSxGlIF_49uZlZZikIJETMG6wVUtmRbAUXTrM-A83Uvg6plGpX74vpFgeY8Jw0rEAYxGjlvnKXvNah3V1ZKFpCF61QeRXFHiwCXIQWzJV7KlnzHbwjXyLJ-eJ6x-omPrqepw7gqvwC-S6zKz1iMrSs5mUVknqoXCEFnmJ3NwajmQqhnY-t2nioF9hGM4Wn5WlnDhbz5ycav2uByXsg2pmZiVkAYec3sJKpx-qSkceheBWchCaYa-06SIAivpkP9EpcxaNRxChFVGGio6HZ-uYMxRQFXHSdOtywjo-I_4wqFpfDfPCrkaOHu7j-45d7WMJmksIhbwgIWEM1Guf5WpPJoeGp2YL_3i5StFW210_6p2s1EWKX3X91-X0zSTU-1QZwgLxS91wzABC099wkEFJDFePj7jnr08d_pxyRghw9cu7hdMDk_kkX85jFrDP4aNOI1PtjoJLvXFEYZ6MLe9hmJB90M09AHmBGz-NiWZ2wk5vpsvYDJHgybuO7EnM57jQCySMM7vkh1zhnOJrjvbktPpxZilF74YgSoPvsLGZzyYeDXNijsSs8csySXddP-FDvcoiq=w750-h563-no
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:You look like someone just walking by the picture

I guess we thought that we could Uber it to the airport, but Steve asked the front desk and they told us to just take the next bus.
I did the same thing on our Epic trip. I hate how early the buses come and went to uber instead but when I saw people waiting for a bus I just hopped on.

We got on ME and made it on time for our flight. CS's much delayed trip from Disney Springs was not without reason. Look at what she got me from EoS!

I8zcabY1tzGTNoprDnSId6MhLNe87nE0BuEqW18YM0yYwNobfVOxiOst4jN74zvh8sybpNQfSdGdwQnMW3ceTU5zxdhilVfgDhldv2C5oLA7ib3e2unRx5migpXIiT3BspAmt0PjAoIdoF5P7L6V6zaedpATvGr__05_G6FqQdW0QCluWwwx04DTnU6u_PibvQYmQ2nHfwNn109Ck3FLxvVBlxnoTP_AeUxa3kmNXcznpV6VXbvUFPsNZZ0GqXygAukE2_sZCUbi4mpTcvb8oCcJb8t1hJ8GR0ge5BpjLVeQQTAG251a5Y1ydAhFoCamAYJhmUehjC2qoq6_CsNV5MPHLiNQdZ_6A1tagTGL_KojO10N3uBacDGvE4oqgWGo9hOGGcE3IJJyIeSfSme33kzZYdphiVx6KVyX77WyPRbHS4QXmy90yKOg2yOWr-wG3pKoJ4_Q-S4JdlicjY3aKDwd6WYbujaC2L1lgHmtMG1k0wOUvw-9VmAxS8u11oyccig2zJBaXwZl9e0XIAIIF5S-R206-VPh8knjhDCg3C2BpqSLpF41o7lPIAhT1Z1phYZ_a-qmnfv5YWfAp5paZN_lQ-BZKhKMYLO_f6MvnCNvkfdzeRyJQGnFCRiDziwGrTOf0tSlXEIAif2PrT5yVL_Ak5i-rJqo=w563-h750-no
That is an awesome sister you have. Nothing like bringing a last little bit of Disney food home with you.

Thank you all for following along on our CRAZY DIS ASIAN trip!!!
No thank you for another amazing adventure and making us all honorary crazy dis asians!

Sounds like a nice relaxing departure day other than missing the ME :rolleyes1. Your CapeMay breakfast sounds amazing, I’m booking that for December and now I am glad I have. Thanks for sharing another entertaining TR.

Your last day sounds very relaxing! Spending it at SaB seems like a fantastic choice.

When it got closer to our ME time, Steve and I showered and got ready at the pool showers. I'm not sure how it is at other resorts, but the pool showers at Stormalong Bay are really nice! One of the stalls is also a private stall so you pretty much get a whole bathroom with shower all to you, plus they were recently refurbished in the last few years. I can tell you that the ones at AKL are not as nice!
I totally agree! My family and I used these bathrooms on our last day to take showers after the pool. I also loved how there was shampoo/conditioner in the shower so you didn't have to take out all of your own toiletries if you didn't want to!

Good to know about ME...if I'm ever put in a situation where I miss the first time, I will make sure to ask a CM about a later bus!

I really enjoyed reading this TR! It sounded like a really fun trip.
I love that you have two other TRs going on right now - reading about your trips is so much fun!

Thanks so much for the report! I love reading about your trips, especially when your sister is with you.

I love your dress at Cape May Café. So cute!

A pool day sounds like a great way to end a trip. Those showers sound awesome. I usually book flights as late as I can to get the most of the day. A couple times when it's been crazy hot, I've used showers at the resort pool to clean up before getting on ME. I hate flying home feeling gross, so it's nice to have that option.

Glad you were able to get on the next ME. This has always been a worry of mine, but the last couple trips, ME had us to the airport almost three hours before our flight. Too much time to kill at the airport when it could be in Disney!

Fab trip report as always! I love the dresses... before reading your reports I never wore dresses or skirts to Disney... didn’t want to flash anyone LOL. Now I have two dresses packed for our July trip,

Another fantastic TR in the books! Sounds like your last day was really lovely and relaxing. A day like that helps soften the blow of going home just a little bit. See you real soon over on your other TRs :)

I enjoyed reading along...life got a bit busy the last few weeks so I didn't get time to comment much.
I really like taking it slow on the last day of a trip too. As much as I like the parks, I find that my family really needs a day to decompress and recuperate a little.

That sounds like a wonderful and relaxing last Disney day! I'm glad you were able to reduce your walking to a minimum and enjoy some more lovely pool time.

I've never made it to Cape May Café - I'd love to try it sometime. I'd love to see Goofy in his beachwear!

I think I'd read somewhere that you could grab the next ME bus if you missed yours... but I think it would make me awfully nervous if I had to put this plan into action! I'm glad it worked out for you!

Thank you for another wonderful trip report! Despite the knee problems and other things that came up it sounds like you had a wonderful trip. :goodvibes

Just caught up and finished this TR and now hopping over to your Epic TR.

Good tip about getting ready in the pool shower if you have a later in the day departure.

OK totally playing catch up. Again.

I did that breakfast in 2013 and it was definitely nice, but I think I prefer 1900 Park Fare with their strawberry soup.

Nice that you enjoyed your time at the pool. I think I would have joined Chunkysis at DS. The idea of having a wet suit and having to change and shower in a poolside room doesn't sit so well with me.

I can't believe it took her bus an hour to get back from DS. Nice that she brought you a sandwich. Did you tell us which one it was?

Already on board with the other two TRs, so see you there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter