CRAZY DIS ASIANS! A Sept 2018 TR...COMPLETED 6/1 The last day!!

Aww, that is so sad to hear, I wish her all the best. It is so hard to watch a parent. go through this. I'm sure she has good and bad days like my dad. I hope and pray all is well wit your mom. My dad was also very tired with Chemo. The Chemo worked initially and then stopped working. It really sucks.
Yeah I totally go away whenever I need a break, and Disney is the best place to do so!

Thank you ❤️ Currently good days are being redefined as she’s having some really bad Chemo reactions and I just haven’t figured out what the new good days look like. It’s such a stressful situation for any family. I’m glad to hear your dad is doing ok in Hospice though.

I loved it even more than the first time. I paid more attention to the different elements and the music is so fun and catchy. My favorite parts are the Headless Horseman and the Gravediggers! Just so cool.

I’ve never seen Boo To You in person but I love the soundtrack and the grave diggers are also my favorite

Living in suburban Chicago, we're Bears fans, also. Too bad you saw a game where they lost!

I love the gravediggers, also. I think they're my favorite part of the parade.

Those magic shots are great of you and Steve! I don't think I've seen those in any other trip reports.

Your sister is just adorable with the characters! You can tell she loves meeting them.

It sounds like your dad is in good spirits. That's really great. I'm glad you're taking some time for yourself, too.

Please keep us posted as you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

#Ieatmyfeelings
Me, too! ::yes::

My aunt and my cousin came over from Australia and Singapore, and my dad was very happy to see them.
I'm so glad to hear this. It must have really brightened your dad's spirits :goodvibes

You are all honorary #CRASYDISASIANS!
:woohoo:

Don't you love how coordinated we are as a family even though we really didn't plan it? :laughing:
Yes! I had actually thought the same thing before I even read this comment. Impressive, indeed! :thumbsup2

We finally figured out where the ride cam is!
I'm still working on that myself... :rolleyes1 :laughing:

jQicp3zIj9Wzm6hHkwUqJPiFQnHsAAyYQDz4Wfu7e05O7WvAj9BnPXiMWsMNTnP_U7q1U-CD2iE2ofIrRkpJ7jWNOeUCses0wxefK2B41d61Lh1E8kR3fqAn1usce3Mv7ua3so30IkASX6c8nvIDf-g_1M91smOayDAXQa7rHBnmSASyzPEmTz15JJHhIGam-qnA3a7aoB4zGdrNhW3B8WazgZwg4Zpr61t6bqlFAakG_lceBwCAYdNRZB3fAUkTvb5S50VxQ7D7o7YpFyZ6639i6x9ssXdgDO9YkfCnj15hN3jhF8_mkE26wjGzZqgq-hbu-vJl1nmKPTcdR-yi3xfKK-lS5CUbPMwWEFPo4YbQpx2NAagU79SAoL5gOnyp45hkZurM5Olrk6AP4UZ8OGOYhWwwRU1eRxaTKl9widAuDW_iLxe5OvtZtfoJtVEDL0KZivAqLoSs6RM-uCvwenZ3b2Arp0Pfw1daiF56-WTQkcEEDAog1QeKJ63smWH8xOGvjq31WqArUX_OHfMLP-MRSNsopVmlA5Sc89e8eJrTWDpsU3IldSWncmiVk6VXSFcivGXoZxyjcOksANr_RiNhsfSV2M2DJDubpqm7szNqCAXD6H9Q1o2sF25xSDzP80oRdVEo12fDFdQYDVGP7LMCIg=w739-h492-no
This is awesome! :laughing:

And this is beautiful :goodvibes

Awesome update!

Thank you!

A little late to the shindig, but what brand is your neck fan?

hi and welcome! Our neck fans are from Amazon and they are the brand O2Cool. Although nothing can really help us escape the extreme heat and humidity, it did relieve us a little bit and every little bit counts!

You got some awesome photopass photos!

Wishing the best for your dad.

Thank you so much. :hug:

Loved seeing your experience with MNSSHP. A great balance of rides, food, and fun photos without a seemingly overwhelming crowd! We are hoping to hit it up in early September next year pirate:

We had a great time. The first year we didn't know what to expect and we ended up on long lines for characters and didnt' do any rides. This year was different and we chose to do more rides. You have to pick your battles but I think I prefer just having a chill time and going with the flow rather than waiting on long lines.

It is also heartwarming to hear of your family gathering around and cherishing your Dad. Pretty special :love:

Thank you! We are trying our best. :)

I'm sorry to hear about your dad's declining health. It is so hard to have to trade roles with our parents and become the caregivers. You are very lucky to have such a fabulous and supportive husband and family to get you through this rough road. Continue to take care of yourself!

Thank you so much. We've been rallying and taking turns visiting my dad. You're right, the roles have been reversed and it is us taking care of our parents now. Very humbling experience.
Thanks for your support!

Great pictures - you need to give lessons on how to make appropriate scary faces for PP pictures. Tony and I look like we should be put on a 72 hour psychiatric hold!

Haha I seriously doubt it, I was just a sweaty mess.

I love this parade but yes- getting good photos is so hard!

Yeah, you need to have a fast camera but on your phone it is hard!

This was so fun! Such a simple thing but it really did add to the experience.

It was nice to have something different! I wish they would do the overlays in HM like they do in Disneyland but oh well we'll have to do with fake pirates on POC :)

These are my favorite magic shots of the party. So cool!

They are quite funny. We didn't know how they would turn out as I haven't seen them before but they are cool!

Sounds like the rest of the party went awesome! So many great PP pics!

Thank you! It was a really fun party. I thought I'd be miserable in the rain and crowds but it was just the opposite.

:love::love::love: We're all lucky to have found you! Crazy how people come into our lives in ways we would never have expected.

Aww thank you and I can say the same about you Kari! The Dining reports thread won't be the same without your drunken dining notes.
I think we can all look forward to some tipsy fun when we are with you whether in person or on the DISboards. :)

This is amazing. We FINALLY saw the parade in August and the gravediggers were my favorite part. Beyond my wildest expectations.

I loved them! They are so cool.

I totally would have thought you all planned this. You should stick to that story :P

Yes, of course, that is exactly how we do it in the Chunky household. Matchy Matchy all the time. :lmao:

Wow that is some serious red going on there. Though it definitely looks like something up my buffalo chicken alley!

I think you'd enjoy it. Nothing to not like about it, dark corn chips, plastic nacho cheese, and bright red buffalo chicken and sauce. :thumbsup2

Do I smell a new profile picture :-)

If the point is to scare people away from my TRs, then yes!! :rotfl:

Love these too! I was so clueless about all the special photo pass opportunities we got zilch, zero, nada!

We just kinda lucked out, and ran into them and they didn't have crazy long lines like the characters.
I wish I could have gotten the Headless Horseman one but I didn't see the photographer as we left. Either that or I wasn't paying attention. Probably the latter.

The parades are almost impossible to get good photos of, at least in my opinion! But video is a good alternative! The gravediggers are really cool and I think actually pretty spooky!

They are so cool! I like them and the Headless horseman, that is super spooky!

Yes! I do love it!

Thanks! :)

So fun! That party puts me in a happy mood always! Love all your Magic shots! We did Pooh and friends at the Christmas party and they are so cute, they fight for your attention, lol!

How cute! I'd love to get Pooh one year. Maybe if I'm feeling more like Chunkysis I will do it. I really loved this year's party. It felt nice and relaxed and I wasn't stressed out to get any particular shots or rides in, it was more go with the flow.

Prayers for your dad and your family!

Thank you so much Caroline!

Bit behind...

Oh dear. I would have cut my losses after 45 mins in the thunderstorm and go ride Pirates or something indoors. :)

It's called being determined... stalwart... stupid! Yeah, that's it.

Hmm, so you think Dole Whips are...real pineapple?

I said potatoes... not pineapples.

Me neither. It was surprising for me. Would I clamor to go back on SM again anytime soon? No, but I'd probably make an exception if they do the lights out again.

Interesting.

This is a little jarring to post but my dad is going into hospice very soon. As some of you know my dad has stage 4 prostate cancer that has spread rapidly throughout his body, his liver has now been affected and he recently underwent an operation to put a stent in. The cancer has spread to his diaphragm which makes it really hard for him to breath and he has to have an oxygen tank at all times. Soon the cancer will spread further. He has tried many treatments, starting with chemo, radiation and hormone therapy, and then immunotherapy. All seemed to work well initially and then fail and he is right back where he started. He has exhausted all his options. We've spoken to the best doctors in NYC, and they too said, after reading his charts, that there is nothing that they can do for this horrible disease. It is rather startling to see his rapid decline. He went from feeling great between March and August of this year, to deteriorating to the point where he cannot move and is in constant pain. He cannot walk on his own, and has great trouble doing any physical activity. He has lost half his body weight and is as frail as someone who is 90 years old (my dad is only 72).

I'm sorry to hear about your father. My thoughts are with you and your family.

The week before, my sister Ming found a mold problem in her house and decided to move her family into OUR house. She literally called me up as we were having our anniversary dinner at Per Se in New York City and said she was moving in that day. :eek:

Whoa! She said or she asked? Perhaps that's more of a cultural thing where family does that?

It was not so bad really, my cute nieces kept singing and playing with us

Okay... she can stay, then.

rather too much so that I didn't actually get much sleep because of the constant...noise.

:laughing: That'll happen.

They would wave bye to us from the window when we left for work every day. :wave2:

Awwwwww.... totally worth it right there.

My sister did admit she didn't realize the shower curtain was outside of the tub until she was halfway done with her shower. :sad:

OMG.

All that... because of that.

Hope you didn't choke her too much.

Anyways to make a long story short, there was a hole in our living room ceiling and a lot of panicked stressed-out people for several hours.
The hole got patched up while we were away but we just have to paint the ceiling.

:sad2:

But when it rains it pours...right? :umbrella:

Especially when you leave the shower curtain out.

2 days before we left, my nephew Bryan broke his leg

Oh no!

Cast comes off on December 6th!

That's today!

To say it was the most tumultuous and stressful week of our lives is putting it lightly.

:hug:

That's a wonderful photo. :)

Sadly I've had to cancel our January 2019 trip. It is just not as a good time.

:( Sorry to hear that... but understandable.

The first half of our trip to Australia was amazing. We flew business class using miles. It was very long flight(s). 15.5 hours for the first leg to Hong Kong and another 9 hours to Sydney, so if you can, premium class is the way to go!

Very nice! I'd love to be able to do that. Any trans-ocean flight in business (or better!) class.

The hotel we stayed at for our first 3 nights in Sydney was the Park Hyatt Sydney - one of the most amazing properties I've stayed in. It's not only incredibly luxurious but it's featured in Soarin' Over The World!

Oh! How cool is that?

we ended up with an amazing room with this amazing view:

Wow! That's... amazing!

OMG it was the most stunning view I've ever had.

I bet!

They also gifted us with some champagne and strawberries for our anniversary!

Pales in comparison to the view... but nice too.

Gorgeous shot!!!

it was drizzly the day we went so coming down was harder as I had a fear of slipping.

Ah. Was wondering. Would you do it again?

We saw Koalas at the Taronga Zoo which made my trip!

:goodvibes

We went to the Opera House and saw Mandy Patinkin perform his one-man show.

Had no idea. What kind of show does he put on?

What, everyone travels with Disney/Star Wars/Marvel gear even when not going to Disney, right? :laughing:

:sad2:

:laughing:

Okay... Now that is cool!

It was a gorgeous, fancy wedding and we had a great time on the dance floor!!

Glad you got to have a good time at the wedding.

Steve and I all decked out:

You both look great. :)

My dad has his good days and his bad days. Yesterday and today were overall better days - he was able to sit up and eat a tiny bit, and read his phone and watch TV and get some visitors. But then he has his bad moments where he feels so ill and weak and he's in so much pain and there's nothing we can do. My aunt and my cousin came over from Australia and Singapore, and my dad was very happy to see them.

Glad to hear he is having some good days. And wonderful that your aunt and cousin came all that way to see him.

You are all honorary #CRASYDISASIANS!

Yay!

When we last left off we were about to watch the Boo To You parade.

Oh. You mean The Best Disney Parade bar none????

My favorite parts are the Headless Horseman and the Gravediggers! Just so cool.

::yes:: They're awesome.
Sad that the dog died so you don't get him and the cemetery keeper anymore.

Unfortunately they are very hard to get a picture of so here's...Tinkerbell and Clarabelle instead.

In fact it didn't rain all night!

Great! Especially when you don't get a refund if it does.

Don't you love how coordinated we are as a family even though we really didn't plan it? :laughing:

::yes::

Hallowishes was great. There are no projections so you can really just enjoy the fireworks from any angle, and the music is fun.

Hallowishes are the best! Love them! Especially...

I love the 360 degree fireworks at the end, it's very impressive.

... that!

It was pretty tasty, like a guilty pleasure. I'm sure there are better buffalo chicken nachos out there, but I really only care for the cheese and the chips so this hit the spot with a nice fiery kick from the saucy buffalo chicken.

Huh. I'd heard not very many good things about the Halloween snacks this year.

This is me trying to look scared by the Hades Nachos but I end up just looking scary myself. :laughing:

BTMRR was a walk-on

I'm sorry..... WHAT?????

Then we did Pirates, which had special "actors" for the evening.

::yes:: Heard about them on another TR.

We finally figured out where the ride cam is!

:laughing: So it seems!

So while waiting we got more magic shots.

Those are cool. I like 'em. :)

We got some lantern pics, both the spooky kind outside of HM, as well as the more classic Tangled version.

That's a new one (HM one) and I've always like yours and Steve's shot with the Tangled one.

Here's to a successful MNSSHP where half the success comes from the fact that it didn't rain all night! :yay:

Yay!

My dad has his good days and his bad days. Yesterday and today were overall better days - he was able to sit up and eat a tiny bit, and read his phone and watch TV and get some visitors. But then he has his bad moments where he feels so ill and weak and he's in so much pain and there's nothing we can do. My aunt and my cousin came over from Australia and Singapore, and my dad was very happy to see them.

Still praying for him and your family. How nice that he had family from half-way around the world come visit. He must be a very special person.

Since we had a few mins before the fireworks we got some PP pictures with the giant pumpkin which was right in front of us.

2UhnSZzhHHOTMtmiYritJiObgo-4tDm3XwVXUX5M4Wnn_t9BFZlzRsxVwBaDHkxzpbS6jbsCL7fh2v1ruisjhC4YbQgf_OlrzmRWOAvG23sDqgnKwoWI0H6eCcuZGAH1udVfz4pJEY0PCRDyU2Bg9814_dDmWN-83Ga0xYTvtlRmTsOO2-1dFe8tjWb-6klq_8LsToEwTOWwacBGgbLyayEr69hRyXtfWMNi3vDzzBZjbozdbF6cFLEit1DC9nJA8E9qhjV-qLQUk3F6dvt4g069utNKDw6dEnCTw1UyfT03sTOA6CsIXXdD9B5VUF5ADx9qY1X-T6UmOb3XZV_qZxL_0cHLVro1ME8XpLMGjJZaRGgFUTQEb50kRzvgJ6dgD-b2s3ydjJ69D8TscPZkysLExA4v1FKZLuZpWinS-o988_b7nRX6_b1MDOwFIFTxK785A9pAa6vy6GvaCRuBfrqtcBZdOhe3mIcfBx50_7Th5L_IH0n9B5yfxLH5NiM3HPMGvtN1jyePbFDTpzR_503nCVpYNb7vyCFkbrQdpydsEtaIe1YCBw8joswbl0aCM6nYZpgtOYajZIXGSIcJUMUYYSym3VdyCZC_5nuVSivTYQ9nI0nfFn5P9-E34fTkDnB9NOKxAz7VBjle3AgjKSAXkQ=w400-h600-no
JI7Uoc6EGwyjpnnUqTwhki2G8VhM89jVCUrxyhAeekiKd4rEx1FuZFJRPJoqYqyZjRQnSmo6sul9RQGeUmWGzrvpyUxBu2taYfjjh-bSvw29Jy05l9F2g4OK0TSIF3P70XQ9vOD-3BbPDGEkmxvKddhHJrYJfIKdwf4W-PpF58xzlKsTdFnHEvLviVqAbvklZGjsquGA3uNJvcmD9pggjVBgNM0YTAJ0_qy928lhiVbWEpHZJ_TwqAwB5Ib7i56M87CDYiXjVnMi5DcnKZgtF167c4FPGSmMoqyucGHZtGT1Un0T4yzX8vd-xq4j1XVOQNTzS7ADEyHt4okYexRxT5GfU4TC1omawKHitTXpd9b10IwZ0hpwYmjAcHgBij3yOPaJAT_Bp7BgQk_ugJ5lgJvNUfLAlQiIO9WPc7JQQW8DSgTyJA4QhBB67Lye2eU8HCWbQBuVrDEn5UgflDTEeHNw78sTpf_if5IGf4wHEi5HSs-eLRZgp2HicHEK391QJMwn-s2OOgNSv680rQUyPvs0Xtl3t-jfMlUJRvnQe1TDmiBy0LiMFMyzJJJ56E5JxsqMVcVnZjQz2PSF2i5KguuQu_aEHUzBtZxqnIO9J__Ak1kRscIVEvamJa1I3VbXK501tc2ujSopr8UbV-kvYkjI6Q=w400-h600-no

Yes, those are perfect!

Finally my sister joined us at HM. Her pictures are really cute though, so looks like her wait was worth it. I may attempt this next time.

H9s1ETUPKAiJyuXkZYA0tO8A5VPn9qKRGCJgSJ4kozaE3RhOND3uD-rMwyaHmSy2qz2S0DSR2RqAD0WWM8q0PWQbOjSurqJI1iPAek67tdkr8K7aWXJGpeSpXNRJHItVb8orwT72bTjDxHy_atEbQk-KJYMAZCP7Fq8gOc3eea4m7sgIvHD1ptrhPlc5rw8JNH0Up6rZjKSLwEncCtVk2g1TqEF-1CgiBoWk_e42chuuLJuUowHaXgCm3tZtJdEHn8o495ncNIZwaMzFxO-27yZAgRz_Sc_pkZ7-QMy85Ih1ZaWfZKBL7_azW_wg2cAaZ_Jd1P8Q9riHi1lm74BtFkwqTrl7OMRM_LnRDwY2KyEYg10f7Ml9hYYO9m8mSPagnW4WZBbhmLBxlTM7L0s_cbbu_mkMDVWamZjrE6GG8n6L2HNDOuC3Zlaz7FjtOjpfLdwsephfoNwdjdzKg9b1uEpaIAjyDJdpTr9m1viCvTK3nBYqtgBQmWs8_NYdc9VDLcKnefgKXVoXrJ_c0hHthOxrwGOubNQXIJiNOxG87gHkPj3PPwUNS-vmF1XjxaWdL7yDK5aXin7ksp_927ibCdR02pRwtf9nPF71Nd_gFSn7ZH6c9bFdl6yI8caWGMAPAz1-wKbBONpWsZnZBR13mIzjsg=w378-h566-no
_bHXTnXCXWMTXRGCtzCGJU4moKLyXKeUsmdx6g6kAOVKoA5qN8oQ7Kxh0w-q9VaajHSx27fVARFqNtuSP9wCTzztVwzSUT4wV-T3qQxzNq8SLuT_y5STNAPYEkMyG8ziH1Gl1f5pD3wJQqHGusTOs_v0ujhAw0gZW78GwWs5MKlivgu0yTILisDounPZ7hnD3GBa2i5g5k0e00ybtrAfL193qRoD189DRw2knp6a5eCT68W5vwoHwmevEeWM0xh-6Kr64IElI6PbFZeH0V5fLSXvG2zJ99j1O3QTJyC9blFZlLI1i7L167C2aIc1PbcAcwN989g8md1nCXSHKXSlqOkTv4gtf37PYnguTUa2wWkzzSfuYVaCqIy_uV81ESNs_n_Wt-LnTrsBisF_lX9WA3ZwWyeCrFYKFYWv-nvf7eRkFVqKFyZ7NUID0RN08pMxwgChnsup1eecItwUWRmMFfD_ouhWpO9-qFoTCp90F-cyEd47E92aVCHU781PQqcas1voWZc3G2hBrId1fQOClFp4tgesPNeBWONwCqTo_7jgAJ-z13aEm9nXFBzZhwMDz_iseUtm5MWJSZ2Q2wAPwilwND7xSZF30lXO9C6rZq5V_2GUPVs9P6SpAEkriV6-VBWbRsBDjQkyQYZzuk6MQeZWYg=w378-h566-no

89GZ7IMVE-McUl-DleotKX9ZNW8RsKOIs7f_LTuyWocvzCtnABk2EG2WipcqK_1UZZ_pS-Q1y_Mk6cxzD7dziiqu5GhDiq35gJNNfviK32MW5U2wHOALoyfym1fRMpZjI6N71bwesw8RB8wj1N01GRzXPBKYxvAxeKUwUrDTfj3tdN-6R0adWLzLjmuAyWzebA6PYrkuWBWbxFaPtly7pmBAujpbfzMkwAuUKT0YAusDLqmaCVYxZErBcMISmZPD3FJuGL-mnu9aNrCxRHIT8IckKlRsgIRjLI81GQVcv-5A-6C-wXye033hH7r6-CUf0UWnCpVAGqRoBp0ox2DP8ZKakWD3axtA7PDSHcC6WBe9Fp-rESzlf8gzp1yqM2BwEhLSpxtoVzHNWGdbqJ8f76VYXXn0yBJC77yEt7vgwCkQD22nMRvpGDHarQtx7W3kH9Tb3qO_xBtdZEp25eDaS1xrZgL8LYJQtG307GMg1VCZ_8WFY85ZeBjEGMVstZYYdZaQXyXEAwq6Sf4nYB8P4Q-V4-0CJwb6MspOKPmOsErxkpTr8dPF5iQBhj2RspmPSqmty5OJbFmn8f-xyXEW6iNLw5RRCM-LcRDj3mazBV7RLEzDU4eEC5fdBur9padnj4aAv9z5jQhzIDlXcIzpi0yFDQ=w800-h533-no

I don't have the patience to wait in long lines for character, but her pictures are always perfect.

After we rode HM we got this shot in the front:

jQicp3zIj9Wzm6hHkwUqJPiFQnHsAAyYQDz4Wfu7e05O7WvAj9BnPXiMWsMNTnP_U7q1U-CD2iE2ofIrRkpJ7jWNOeUCses0wxefK2B41d61Lh1E8kR3fqAn1usce3Mv7ua3so30IkASX6c8nvIDf-g_1M91smOayDAXQa7rHBnmSASyzPEmTz15JJHhIGam-qnA3a7aoB4zGdrNhW3B8WazgZwg4Zpr61t6bqlFAakG_lceBwCAYdNRZB3fAUkTvb5S50VxQ7D7o7YpFyZ6639i6x9ssXdgDO9YkfCnj15hN3jhF8_mkE26wjGzZqgq-hbu-vJl1nmKPTcdR-yi3xfKK-lS5CUbPMwWEFPo4YbQpx2NAagU79SAoL5gOnyp45hkZurM5Olrk6AP4UZ8OGOYhWwwRU1eRxaTKl9widAuDW_iLxe5OvtZtfoJtVEDL0KZivAqLoSs6RM-uCvwenZ3b2Arp0Pfw1daiF56-WTQkcEEDAog1QeKJ63smWH8xOGvjq31WqArUX_OHfMLP-MRSNsopVmlA5Sc89e8eJrTWDpsU3IldSWncmiVk6VXSFcivGXoZxyjcOksANr_RiNhsfSV2M2DJDubpqm7szNqCAXD6H9Q1o2sF25xSDzP80oRdVEo12fDFdQYDVGP7LMCIg=w739-h492-no

:rotfl2:

When we last left off we were about to watch the Boo To You parade. This was only our second time watching the parade, and I must admit, I loved it even more than the first time. I paid more attention to the different elements and the music is so fun and catchy. My favorite parts are the Headless Horseman and the Gravediggers! Just so cool.
It is such an awesome parade!

Perfectly coordinated!

After that we headed over to the Haunted Mansion to meet my sister. She said she was almost at the front of the line for Pooh and friends. Yawn. So while waiting we got more magic shots.
I love the Magic shots!

Finally my sister joined us at HM. Her pictures are really cute though, so looks like her wait was worth it. I may attempt this next time.
Her pictures are adorable!

We got some lantern pics, both the spooky kind outside of HM, as well as the more classic Tangled version.
Love these shots too!

When we got to our bus, the Yacht/Beach club bus had just left, but the Boardwalk one was just pulling up so we hopped on that one and had a nice leisurely walk back to our room from the Boardwalk. It was nice to have this option or else we'd be stuck waiting for a while or had to call an Uber.
That is one of the nice perks of staying at the Epcot resorts. :)

Thank you all again for your kind words I will always cherish this board and the friendships I've made through it. Not many people understand our Disney-crazed lifestyle so I'm so thankful I found people...just like me! You are all honorary #CRASYDISASIANS!

:disrocks: :disrocks: :disrocks:
So glad to hear your aunt and cousin were able to come to visit. I am sending continued positive thoughts and prayers for your Dad and the family. Taking care of yourself is important too. I am sure he is feeling all the love surrounding him. :hug:

So happy you had a great MNSSHP night!!! You all got a lot done!!!

We sure did! I was pleasantly surprised by how much fun I had. I thought it would be mainly running around in ponchos dodging the rain.

You did a great job balancing all the aspects of the party.
That's the mistake my family made - spending too much time on a character and rushing to get other things done for the rest of the night.

Yeah we learned that last year when we did only 1 ride and spent the rest of the time in line for characters, and then by the end of the night there was no food and we were starving!

Thank you ❤️ Currently good days are being redefined as she’s having some really bad Chemo reactions and I just haven’t figured out what the new good days look like. It’s such a stressful situation for any family. I’m glad to hear your dad is doing ok in Hospice though.

Thank you. I hope your mom responds well to the chemo treatment. It did not work for my dad unfortunately.
Hang in there, it is the toughest thing to go through, that's probably why I had so many Disney trips last year, LOL. I needed something to help me cope. That and the DISboards in between! :hug:

I’ve never seen Boo To You in person but I love the soundtrack and the grave diggers are also my favorite

It's such a cool parade! Probably my favorite parade outside of Paint the Night in Disneyland!

Living in suburban Chicago, we're Bears fans, also. Too bad you saw a game where they lost!

Yes, too bad. :sad:
But it was a good game at the very end at least we went into overtime and made it more exciting. :)

I love the gravediggers, also. I think they're my favorite part of the parade.

They are so cool! Never seen anything like it before.

Those magic shots are great of you and Steve! I don't think I've seen those in any other trip reports.

Thanks! They were so fun, we didn't know what kind of magic shots we'd be getting so we just went with the flow.

Your sister is just adorable with the characters! You can tell she loves meeting them.

It's her life's purpose! :rotfl:

It sounds like your dad is in good spirits. That's really great. I'm glad you're taking some time for yourself, too.

Please keep us posted as you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you so much. :hug:

I'm so glad to hear this. It must have really brightened your dad's spirits :goodvibes

He is very happy to get visitors. :)

Yes! I had actually thought the same thing before I even read this comment. Impressive, indeed! :thumbsup2

No idea how it happened I didn't even know my sister had a dress like that, haha.

I'm still working on that myself... :rolleyes1 :laughing:

It took me many tries to find the ride cam!:laughing:

This is awesome! :laughing:

Thank you! It was fun!

And this is beautiful :goodvibes

Aww thank you!

As usual your sister got some awesome pictures with characters! And I love all the PP at the party! Some really neat magic shots too. Almost making me regret we didn't run over for a party instead of the extra night at HHN-almost LOL.

How nice that your dad has his family around him. I know it has to be hard to watch him decline, even with all the family support. :grouphug:

Oh, Su-Lynn I’m so sorry about your Dad’s declining health. I haven’t been reading the Disboards Much lately and missed your updates. I followed you on Instagram and commented on your fabulous trip and wasn’t aware of how much pain you must be in, worrying about your Dad. I have to tell you what a handsome man he is, but you obviously know that. How comforting to have family come from so far away to be with your parents at this difficult time. Sending positive thoughts for comfort and peace for your dear Dad.

Hey Su-Lynn. So so sorry to hear about your dad; I'm following on FB and am so sad for you and your whole family.

It would have been cute in your outfit!

HAHA! Quite possibly true!

Haha but your outfit was much more...burlesque.

Alice's darker side.... ;)

My dad is surviving for now, we're making him feel as comfortable as possible with the time he has left. We visit him whenever we can. Bryan's leg will heal, and the ceiling is fixed. My sister's house has been re-mediated for mold and she moved back to her place. We thought we would have to spend thousands on fixing a pipe but only spent $250 for a "diagnosis" (knock on wood). And finally we were able to get on the plane for one of the most amazing trips of my life!

Sometimes it is good to look at the bright side and keep things positive. Good for you!

Sadly I've had to cancel our January 2019 trip.

But that makes me sad. :(

Hallowishes was great. There are no projections so you can really just enjoy the fireworks from any angle, and the music is fun

It is the BEST!!!

Pecos Bills. They had a special Hades Nachos, which is basically nachos with buffalo chicken.
If I hadn't of gotten that Meunster Burger at Cosmic Rays, I did have my eye on those. THey looked pretty darn good!

Then we did Pirates, which had special "actors" for the evening. Some pirate was on the loose and they were offering a bounty if he is captured.
The standby line even had some special actor inside the "jail"

tnIoDhW5G84

It was pretty funny, and the actors had very good pirate accents. pirate: Aarrrrrh

Weren't they awesome?! I loved that addition!

She said she was almost at the front of the line for Pooh and friends. Yawn.

:lmao:

I am so sorry about your dad. This must be such a hard time for your family.

Although in my case, it takes the form of eating. I downed an entire plate of fries for lunch yesterday because well...#Ieatmyfeelings :rotfl:

I am catching up and I know a lot has happened. I say eat away girl. I'm with you on the stress/emotional eating. But in times like this whatever will bring you some comfort I say go for it.

So sorry to hear about your father. I hope you and your family find consolation in the fact that you got to spend time with him before he passed, he knew that you loved him, and that he is not suffering anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter