CRAZY DIS ASIANS! A Sept 2018 TR...COMPLETED 6/1 The last day!!

Ah love!! That is an amazing stitch photoshoot! But that does not seem like an easy activity!

Hope your knee gets better soon, but from the looks of the hot at the next days title I’m going with no :(

Is the AP event free? Then 2 hours whatever it’s free extra park time... but if it’s a pay event... kinda annoying, but I guess people (me included) pay for EMM and that’s less the 2 hours

Your Stitches came out really good! I love the photoshoots you did with him, too! I don't have an artistic bone in my body and can't tell you how much money I've wasted on crafts that don't turn out well.

CS and Snow White are too cute! Love her dress, too!

I'm sorry your knee hindered your evening plans.

Our leaflet of instructions that we could take home.
We couldn't use it that much during the demo because our hands were covered with rice most of the time!

:laughing:

I pretty much ate the rest of the cheese, LOL.

LOL!! Of course you did!!

So I guess you have to have a lot of patience for this kinda thing as it's like creating edible art. A friend of mine belongs in a bento club with other parents and she said it takes them like half a day to create all the pretty bento (like instagram-worthy) so it's definitely a time consuming thing especially when making complex Disney characters!

I can't find it right now, but I saw a thing on FB where this dad creates amazing sushi art... even some Disney characters. I wish I could find it but it said it takes a long time to create them.

_lEAFvzQq4wYYYbO9q8HyiTUj8GZHQKyQrQu26u2Wzkw3NmtOrZYz9cPH8o4Hr5jFuTyhOvbXh2QfY2K3wLtCwDTQgIppk6-iaUcsi5OEMWH9ulHrEuphOnmf2v6X1myxQeqJZzebMQjfrg9akzPvka5G1kZ-N9K28s7fOC_Ui0bs7uNL-bzH6eSM2xdr_Z06oU42pbKr-lncSfpSHnPyGP08_gP62ToxKRLxEpB2e9SFPsqEO29BawJdVs2XVu6-znh4-WZA3qHE4PrIz3ljO-6awqNn3CDkdQlUsVT_SdnvA0EznI42IqD2-3iegFkWgpPUvM5vCej30tHZBJUvaS-dpGbGv4ZxKb6HGPXReuZkNDUPEd-B453REgCyqc4mNbMEfy_PKMPzvDqbEGO_8qjsjiwWVPwaeq2THfu9-jFPDkgyvseJaDNnqvJhkCxsWlf9Slj5AXNwFdRAwtdLlQKshLv_AmRj5cECgT9dnBRAwEchKO6TJtXbtheU11EuZqTbWTAFN1PlyXKaEFf8j1oe9jljOy_50OCDFS7YS7O9Dx8edp97g3KGQOTeiBJpaR-Hde9Qv7MpJ8TZNavbknRlEUzlpKwPiJVD_WVaRVmEusZ94-pzqGCL9znQHuVd7PBU9BzWKi_IinvIzYR6hDHrbGcxq03=w366-h649-no
tVgvDQCHiYdhNoBrtWOOZm77sfMmnGgAUZVvbOfw-j73otGtc2nVEMM9BWdrx6OwUMcLGoY4ySdiPV3CEFQlW78-AAAiO11cDCtd9mQkW6Nin23tsT2TcdAumS67RGgOmYkkiZqZLnBnKdERwR8WjP0kIexGqRyXntYD_fFoT6tnaqC9LtxGmAOivSyLWvH5Q4ycQyB7oWtmkWThnPwP6S95SqdYgLSvx0EKYke18sdMq3UN_7SYfgRLCIRQS3P8jZSwaOr5XNvLG4pmxwf7LRwXfnKDIjnQaLgU05nG8iAgcWxn6DDSRukct5uHHEEPa0_iiBWZZ_dcyfYIBn0X6VAY38DrffbgFH8dpx7a7LZ1GnUenUDTlZcjdfjQS_DAOq5zOKgKc4ssKavBRc-m3juJrRI6Zcz0zOuQqZoUs0jOUWAoFVtw2O4s9Gh79tVXB7RDLpharGI8d31ljdhh_jdyZIc9jJkQS3UDm7PEFpk8R0b8VMjYIKlVm4-k3E-aUJXCpGuerVWf43xbIAThYbQEqwf7KF4qF0o04Xbpx3Gtwi_xGE4oLWn-95-iJ2BFMaTH248V0QDefK8G9qZN10qFyHDG1sYr8XpZSGQg1tvb2GhhANFea0zVcW6v8c2GMRjxrz6Fmwa5MJIn60uG0mMRqz_FnZIo=w487-h649-no

:lmao: You crack me up.

I had great fun doing a Stitch photoshoot!

Clearly!

Alas that was the end of the event. My slow-moving self really couldn't do much. Oh and the kicker: they had roped off the area in World Showcase to the left of Norway. So we had to go AROUND the lagoon towards future world to the UK side to exit. :headache::headache::headache:

UGH!!! That seems to weird!

Here are the cutting boards we picked up earlier that day. They are cute!!

WJYQvJcBc8OAMC4jcoZkwJL0yFidi4xntVUQ12Dc60VOfOMs9HtglJMu9T-RqMmuyJs27c_-Y5vyn06c8kiO7QeZO365xRh25PM1DxHgmj2npmXUnwBx4nmoUF0WkzlTdPelTkMRzYF7ciR4fQdXQIWSBcXnRZ5Tw41ZUnysUg3sG4uj2XFCC9rVNvTy2CE498b2zRS59SjEfP2DSZmWZnE4kDY9Lnr6osEDnDloALBoTKRQmlNzvtiiAvpxKTaXLUifUN_qcr69YChXBU3JvHmIm5MUfymmjh7jz9UYQml7OZmJ8SKwEx03P2XjtoUdUz0Dpk6iyFTevSudGg9eGdOdF7SkyDLrm7Nxv_QgfkfOnQC3JC28Fj9HkuMIgG_kkMTQgl2j_J7wfS3ry8gwobjhj6oKaEeuiyA7Eqn6jBtxk_OJeIDWfHDJRx-I66h8TzlBnT_qNWebtiG_kogd-pWzo4DdAM8nn3-ZvxIGy4hCBYmqZNf6vKGizLmuZx399OcGPecpypNJGtwQjr1iiq5_0m-b_30AAxGZsv02_Yogxm12_3uYsAfr3HyRJjEl9-xn7ohdUtgsaMcvuAMSVuoK7qVU3UxihZ4j-6u8XiYNJC7L9Wat2BePH00OjZNwCAHEZLzWlKEBvFHW6Nycl0BBi7_KcUYo=w518-h690-no
They are cute!! I think Doc got me one that I'll get in May.

Hi there! I've been off the boards for a few weeks, but I'm back and all caught up on your report and am jetting over to catch up on February where I hear an amazing family may make a surprise appearance :-)

Ok at this point I couldn't take any more pictures because my hands were so food-laden (but when are they not, really, LOL)
:laughing: It's so funny because 90% of the time I'm on the Dis, I'm eating. And about 70% of the time at Disney. I hear ya! :rotfl:

This came out SO good! :thumbsup2

and some people just ate their food. :laughing:
:laughing: I can't say I wouldn't have done the same!

I had great fun doing a Stitch photoshoot!
And we did watching it!

When he found out my father passed away he gave me a Japanese candle to light on his behalf
How very sweet of him :goodvibes

I definitely prefer the grey goose citron over this.

J-jMgUo5iQdiudKQt0q3eGbzX4CKBw9IAop1fTfHRytLP4I6a14SoQuF7NP9zo2WwGgKWJXO-0rxmTwx9xytOv67CwNbtF7_TouRhpJtenhhFRjvWUEYwxDZvHfo8Jwu_0154b4LbGGSVRJF8QlbwZbxHCi5_djMHB-iFasJ1bCoQsc6M3rCL6BfqJ-qdmCCw45dv-yLxtQN5Yv6ufQAkcLRkcs53MnyVlTBTpf84f0jrB2OMv5Tl8dn-BiU1uXp3PrTasF22RaxZKB4IiljIsJ3xrxJl1qaWrW7F2IMVjeHc_4yS3MqfoT03ACm0l9FmVvw8bqzxYG6qU4CWuR4XpyhEtp28LV6v7alLvZACeICt-iTegZZ45Cmd1kpgzyzEdhKdkKSpez69CnVeme8FltxNoqNGPPEWezm6sI3NW1UIckL1U97XO3fASZvr1uSwoBClX32c8oKioymtNsTU0la_YH6VB4lMCf65VQsDw0cSqJnYqIp6uxVtB8FgNyyOkAMn2Whq-XnwNj3-yl16r7cVz2M9fO99caBG4UZGn0Lgf5xAoFFz0ta710CILBe9M26seX8lJJjySz_3G4BJuaa3E5-0EZquMW_8I5LLZhOhYWICXQWG3f0lZX1_x7lrPT2A2RSKdNBZuKoWRM8KWk2dDMOhdfS=w488-h649-no
And yet... doesn't look like you hated it! :laughing:

So we had to go AROUND the lagoon towards future world to the UK side to exit. :headache::headache::headache:

What a literal PAIN in the KNEE!!
:headache: I hope your knee pain got better?

I love the Stitch that you made! That looks like the kind of thing I would go into with super high confidence before it slowly turned into a blob of blue mush. I just do not have the patience lol

That really stinks about your knee, I'm sorry it was giving you so much trouble!

So overall it was a very fun class albeit a bit confusing. Because this is not something one normally makes so we really needed more time and more hands-on instruction. Mikey did a good job of coming around once in a while, but he couldn't give everyone the attention they needed. It was funny to see some adults whose Stitch did not resemble Stitch at all (they just gave up in a way and lumped everything together) and some people just ate their food. :laughing: So I guess you have to have a lot of patience for this kinda thing as it's like creating edible art. A friend of mine belongs in a bento club with other parents and she said it takes them like half a day to create all the pretty bento (like instagram-worthy) so it's definitely a time consuming thing especially when making complex Disney characters!
Well, I can say that I have learned something new today. I honestly did not know this was a thing. It looks like fun! I don't know if I would have the talent to do it, but I would certainly try and not just eat it like some!

And how cute is this pretzel shot? I really want one but every time we pass Germany we don't see the photographer with this prop!
I like that pretzel prop too. I never noticed it in Germany, but my family had some shots with it in MK at the purple wall. It was back in August on Photopass day. I think at the time I thought it was a special prop for that day.

Meanwhile before the event Steve and I were at dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse with our friend, server David! He's so sweet. When he found out my father passed away he gave me a Japanese candle to light on his behalf (his wife is Japanese and he is quite knowledgeable on the culture). That was so nice of him! We feasted on the porterhouse for 2 which is served with bone marrow and 2 sides. We decided on the cippolini onions and the fries (I think the fries weren't there on our most recent March visit, but otherwise they are great!). We washed it down with 2 glasses of wine. Yum.
How nice of him. I don't think there is any place in the world where a server would take such care and attention to anyone.
I have always wanted to try Yachtsman but unfortunately I have three non-steak eaters in my family, so it would probably be wasted. I suppose they have chicken on the menu, but it just seems like a waste to not get steak.

The Stitch onigiri looks so cool! I can imagine it is quite the ordeal to complete. But wow, all three of you did a really good job with it and they look so kawaii and delicious.

Thank you! It was fun despite it being pretty messy. I'm sure many of the people there had no idea what they were making, us included but I love anything kawaii, cute and round (and edible) so it was great for me!

I'm sorry to hear your knee still wasn't feeling great through the Passholder event, but it looks like you made the best of it. That Apple Cheesecake looks so good. Hope with what I'm hearing about DAK that it isn't too slow or painful of a day for you following this one.

Yeah it was just literally pain with every step. I should have probably taken in easy, but when have I ever done so at Disney, LOL.
The Apple cheesecake was better than I expected it to be! I love that i looked like an apple too! I think they do sell it now full time in the parks.

That looks... complicated!

It was!

From the blue rice fields. ::yes::

Right.

Ah! interesting. Did it bring a little bit of memories back?

It did actually! I was wondering how he got the blue coloring and thought it was just food coloring but the host explained it to us, and I was like, that is great that it is an all natural food dye and one that I am familiar with!

:laughing: Waste not...
'

Of course!!

Thank you!!

Yours is easily the best. Not just saying that.

Thank you again! I really tried my hardest to make it look TR-worthy and not a pile of...blue rice.

I can see that. Lot of work!

Yup!

whoa! And they're experienced at it!

Yeah they spend a whole day prepping and cooking and then designing!

:laughing: I got a kick out of all your Stitch photos.

Thanks! So did I!

Meh. I'd rather have a real pretzel... and you better take that shot quickly, 'cause that puppy ain't gonna last long!

Of course a real pretzel is better.

Awww... that's very sweet.

It is. I was very touched.

Yup. That was me.

Some stranger is photo-bombing you!

:rolleyes:

Imagine that! The nerve.

Thanks for the tip. I've tried others, but... I love my citron.

Me too. But I do like the La Vie en Rose which I can have in about 2.5 weeks!

I didn't expect it to look like an apple, too!

Me neither but that is what drew me to it!

Huh. I've always FP'd it too.

Yup, never bothered with standby.

Ah love!! That is an amazing stitch photoshoot! But that does not seem like an easy activity!

Thank you so much! Yup it was much harder than I thought it would be because it was so messy!

Hope your knee gets better soon, but from the looks of the hot at the next days title I’m going with no :(

Um, yeah you may be correct.

Is the AP event free? Then 2 hours whatever it’s free extra park time... but if it’s a pay event... kinda annoying, but I guess people (me included) pay for EMM and that’s less the 2 hours

Yup thankfully it is free otherwise it would just be glorified EMH, which is totally not worth it. It is like EMH but much less people. We did one in Feb in MK and that was like, dead but only because it poured for the first half of the night. Everything was a walk on!

What a fun cooking class. Your stitches are soooo cute.

Thank you!! It was a lot of fun I'm not sure I'd do that class again but maybe!

Your Stitches came out really good! I love the photoshoots you did with him, too! I don't have an artistic bone in my body and can't tell you how much money I've wasted on crafts that don't turn out well.

Thank you!!
I honestly don't too. I like the concept of it but just getting my idea into fruition is a little harder for conceive for me.

CS and Snow White are too cute! Love her dress, too!

She loves her fancy dresses!

I'm sorry your knee hindered your evening plans.

IT sucked!!!! I had to go home and soak in the tub with epson salts :sad::sad::sad:

Knew it!!!

It did actually! I was wondering how he got the blue coloring and thought it was just food coloring but the host explained it to us, and I was like, that is great that it is an all natural food dye and one that I am familiar with!

:)

Thank you again! I really tried my hardest to make it look TR-worthy and not a pile of...blue rice.

You succeeded. :)

Yeah they spend a whole day prepping and cooking and then designing!

Lot of work and... eaten in an instant!

Imagine that! The nerve.

That would never happen to me!
(Disregard that last chapter of my TR)

Me too. But I do like the La Vie en Rose which I can have in about 2.5 weeks!

Um....
Be careful saying that to a Canadian.
La Vie en Rose is a lingerie store similar to Victoria's Secret.

So we were all gathered at Festival Center for our hand-on demonstration of Kawaii Onigiri - which are cute rice balls that are commonly found in Japanese bento that kids bring to school.

Huh. Never heard of these, but since they probably don't have them in many restaurants, that makes sense.

And finally after I was all done, I wiped my hands and here it is! My version of Stitch Onigiri:

Very nice! You did a great job! I liked yours better than the others in your party!

the Belgian waffle which she loved!

That is also my favorite dessert of the Food & Wine Festival!

Here's us and David:

I think we had David as our server on our trip to Yachtsman last month. I can't be sure, but I think so.

So all the rides were open as well as some food booths but not all. Most of the characters were open as well.

That sounds like a great event! I wish they had one when we were there, did you have to register like the DVC Membership Magic?

It was an Apple Cheesecake or something like that.

Interesting that it looked like an apple!

My slow-moving self really couldn't do much. Oh and the kicker: they had roped off the area in World Showcase to the left of Norway. So we had to go AROUND the lagoon towards future world to the UK side to exit. :headache::headache::headache:

What a literal PAIN in the KNEE!!

Ugh, I know how slowly I walk when I don't feel good. It would have taken us forever.

Here are the cutting boards we picked up earlier that day. They are cute!!

Dang! I want one, but we weren't even there that year. I hope they do it this year! I'll make it a point to go in 4 times. We did get some passholder glasses on a previous year.

LOL!! Of course you did!!

I can't waste good cheese!

I can't find it right now, but I saw a thing on FB where this dad creates amazing sushi art... even some Disney characters. I wish I could find it but it said it takes a long time to create them.

Amazing!!
:lmao: You crack me up.

My pleasure.

UGH!!! That seems to weird!

It was so annoying!!

They are cute!! I think Doc got me one that I'll get in May.

Yay!

Wow so cool!

Love your Stitch photo shoot! So cute.

Thank you!

Sucks that your knee was hurting so much :crutches:

Yeah, it still hurts even now. I'm just OLD.

Hi there! I've been off the boards for a few weeks, but I'm back and all caught up on your report and am jetting over to catch up on February where I hear an amazing family may make a surprise appearance :-)

Why yes a totally amazing family will make an appearance on the Chunky boat. Not sure about the mom, dad seems nice, kid is great! :rotfl:

So cute!! I love the little extra cheese on Steve's Stitch...I'm with you though, I would've eaten all the cheese !LOL

I can't quit cheese!!!:rotfl:

Best FEA pic I've ever seen. APs know where the darn camera is!! :)

Haha it took a few tries but we figured it out.

Your Stitches came out so cute!!

I'm sorry you were struggling with your knee during the event :(

Thank you!

Yeah the knee was a bummer. Hope nothing happens on my next trip!

:laughing: It's so funny because 90% of the time I'm on the Dis, I'm eating. And about 70% of the time at Disney. I hear ya! :rotfl:

This is truth!!

This came out SO good! :thumbsup2

Thank you!

:laughing: I can't say I wouldn't have done the same!

Hahaha.

And we did watching it!

Thank you! Stitch Thanks you!

How very sweet of him :goodvibes

He's super nice!

And yet... doesn't look like you hated it! :laughing:

All the drinks need a bit of love.

:headache: I hope your knee pain got better?

Thank you, it is ok now, but at WDW it was not!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!